Poll: Percent of Christians drop, those identifying as "none" soars

Hollie, you are the one angered and crazed and unable to answer why you are a fundy. That is in your head and such a strange wonderland it must be.
Some reflection on your part is in order, here. Your religion is fading and you zealots need to stop making excuses for your inadequacies.
70% of America is Christian. The only thing fading is your reason. :lol:

Hollie, you are the one angered and crazed and unable to answer why you are a fundy. That is in your head and such a strange wonderland it must be.
Some reflection on your part is in order, here. Your religion is fading and you zealots need to stop making excuses for your inadequacies.
And that's poor comfort for you and the fundie extremist right regarding the fading of the belief system and the waning influence that angers you zealots.

And that's poor comfort for you and the fundie extremist right regarding the fading of the belief system and the waning influence that angers you zealots.
if you want to talk about waning, consider the logic behind any atheist's argument.......

if you want to talk about waning, consider the logic behind any atheist's argument.......

There is no logic on either side of the argument. You can't apply logic in the absence of information. It's like trying to hammer a nail without a nail.

There's a logical conclusion to be made that your polytheistic gawds are simply a reiteration of earlier polytheistic gawds.

Give us a logical argument for magic and supernaturalism that leads to your gawds.

There is no logic on either side of the argument. You can't apply logic in the absence of information. It's like trying to hammer a nail without a nail.
:lol: The fundies on both sides air hammer like crazy.

Christians drop nones soar in new religion portrait

Christianity still dominates American religious identity (70%), but the survey shows dramatic shifts as more people move out the doors of denominations, shedding spiritual connections along the way.
Atheists and agnostics have nearly doubled their share of the religious marketplace, and overall indifference to religion of any sort is rising as well. Only the historically black Protestant churches have held a steady grip through the years of change.

The shrinking numbers of Christians and their loss of market share is the most significant change since 2007 (when Pew did its first U.S. Religious Landscape survey) and the new, equally massive survey of 35,000 U.S. adults.
The percentage of people who describe themselves as Christians fell about 8 points — from 78.4% to 70.6%. This includes people in virtually all demographic groups, whether they are "nearing retirement or just entering adulthood, married or single, living in the West or the Bible Belt," according to the survey report
The "nones" — Americans who are unaffiliated with brand-name religion — are the new major force in American faith. And they are more secular in outlook — and "more comfortable admitting it" than ever before

Nones," at 22.8% of the U.S. (up from 16% just eight years ago) run second only to evangelicals (25.4%) and ahead of Catholics (20.8%) in religious market share.

So im at a new job for about 3 months and I bring up to a guy I went to a wedding at a church. No drinking. He asks what denomination, I tell him "some white" denomination. I say I'm greek orthodox he says he's catholic. I say, you know we are a spin off. Actually they all are. I say a couple more things and he finally admits he doesnt believe and he believes in evolution. I say you know you can believe in both and he confirms he doesnt.

Notice how we both lied at first and said catholic or greek orthodox first before we knew if we were talking to a Jesus Jew or Mohammad freak?

I suspect a good 25% dont believe. 25% would say they were agnostic if they even really thought about it. 25% are moderate half christians then 25% of america believes in the creation.story.

Christianity still dominates American religious identity (70%), but the survey shows dramatic shifts as more people move out the doors of denominations, shedding spiritual connections along the way.
Atheists and agnostics have nearly doubled their share of the religious marketplace, and overall indifference to religion of any sort is rising as well. Only the historically black Protestant churches have held a steady grip through the years of change.

The shrinking numbers of Christians and their loss of market share is the most significant change since 2007 (when Pew did its first U.S. Religious Landscape survey) and the new, equally massive survey of 35,000 U.S. adults.
The percentage of people who describe themselves as Christians fell about 8 points — from 78.4% to 70.6%. This includes people in virtually all demographic groups, whether they are "nearing retirement or just entering adulthood, married or single, living in the West or the Bible Belt," according to the survey report
The "nones" — Americans who are unaffiliated with brand-name religion — are the new major force in American faith. And they are more secular in outlook — and "more comfortable admitting it" than ever before

Nones," at 22.8% of the U.S. (up from 16% just eight years ago) run second only to evangelicals (25.4%) and ahead of Catholics (20.8%) in religious market share.

So im at a new job for about 3 months and I bring up to a guy I went to a wedding at a church. No drinking. He asks what denomination, I tell him "some white" denomination. I say I'm greek orthodox he says he's catholic. I say, you know we are a spin off. Actually they all are. I say a couple more things and he finally admits he doesnt believe and he believes in evolution. I say you know you can believe in both and he confirms he doesnt.

Notice how we both lied at first and said catholic or greek orthodox first before we knew if we were talking to a Jesus Jew or Mohammad freak?

I suspect a good 25% dont believe. 25% would say they were agnostic if they even really thought about it. 25% are moderate half christians then 25% of america believes in the creation.story.
I'd say you are full of shit about 99% of the time when you are explaining what us christians are all about.

I'd say you are full of shit about 99% of the time when you are explaining what us christians are all about.
In terms of the number of sects and subdivisions that Christianity has splintered into, I'd say that 99% of Christians are at odds with each other regarding what Christians think that Christianity is all about.

In terms of the number of sects and subdivisions that Christianity has splintered into, I'd say that 99% of Christians are at odds with each other regarding what Christians think that Christianity is all about.
I disagree, but hey what do I know I'm just a christian. I'm not as informed as the atheists.

"Suspect " :rolleyes:

you are asking us if we are surprised that atheists don't admit to others that they are atheists?.......lol......

I disagree, but hey what do I know I'm just a christian. I'm not as informed as the atheists.
Most of you aren't.

You know how Muslims and Mormons look to you? That's exactly how we see you, and we are right.

you are asking us if we are surprised that atheists don't admit to others that they are atheists?.......lol......
Its like being gay. Soon it'll be OK to be athiest then you'll see our real numbers come out of the closet.

Do you think my friend told his catholic wife his true feelings? Nope. He said till death so help him god. No buggy to us. Its just something that makes people feel good, most athiests believe.

I however am militant because I think belief is bad for people and holding us all back.

t doesn't take more than a working knowledge of religions to understand that most have been subdivided into many sects and divisions, many of those at odds with one another. If you want a demonstration of that, you can prime Jeremiah with a comment about Catholicism for a multi-paragraph rant.

"Just a Christian" ill-defines you as a Christian. What does that mean? Lutheran? Presbyterian? Evangelical? There are, obviously, differences in theology, beliefs, practices, etc., unique to those sub-sects.

Forum List

Back