Poll: Most Americans Think Russia Tried to Meddle in Election

The question is not whether the Russians meddled. The question is how much help did they get from the trump campaign.
Dude, disagreed. That's partisan poppycock. Sure, it's a good question, but not the most important one. Not even in the top five. The most important questions are:
1) How effective was the Russian meddling?
2) Regardless of how effective, what should we do about it?
3) How do we separate facts from "fake news"?
4) Is our election system secure?
5) As a nation, we're constantly inundated with data and have fallen into the pit of "information overload". What do we do about it?
The FBI, the intel agencies, and the DOD do not think it is "poppycock." The investigations will sort our your fake numbers into a logical pattern of evidence, fact, and logic. Then the DA will go to work on charges where warranted.

The question is not whether the Russians meddled. The question is how much help did they get from the trump campaign.
Dude, disagreed. That's partisan poppycock. Sure, it's a good question, but not the most important one. Not even in the top five. The most important questions are:
5) As a nation, we're constantly inundated with data and have fallen into the pit of "information overload". What do we do about it?
The FBI, the intel agencies, and the DOD do not think it is "poppycock." The investigations will sort our your fake numbers into a logical pattern of evidence, fact, and logic. Then the DA will go to work on charges where warranted.

In what universe? It's almost may

Why is anyone so bamboozled by the idea that Russia may have tried to influence out elections that they conducted a poll on it?

OF COURSE Russia would try to influence our elections. We're the big dog on the block, and Russia would naturally want an outcome favorable to themselves. I would be extremely surprised if Canada, for example, did NOT try to influence our elections (It does beg the question, though, why the Russian government would prefer a candidate clearly committed to increasing American military power over one clearly committed to reducing it).

Does anyone seriously think powerful governments are going to sit around hoping and wishing our elections will turn out favorably?

I mean, seriously, it's not like they behaved the way we do. We don't even bother to wait for an election to overthrow a government we don't like.
Covertly seeking to influence or change an election is an act of aggression, not one of a friend, much less an allie. While Canada and the Euros are free to speak their opinion on US domestic and foreign political issues, to illegally hack into US computers and use the hacked information to alter election results is a hostile and illegal action.
Again, who really believes even allies are not doing whatever they think they can get away with to influence things? Obama and Israel come to mind.
There's a difference between legal and illegal, Overt and Covert.

I fully support an intelligence agency investigations into Russian meddling. However, despite LW theatrics, the fact remains there is no verifiable evidence that the Russian meddling changed a single vote. Unlike the LW drama queens who falsely claimed "the election was hacked", there is no evidence of any such thing.

If you have evidence that my post is incorrect, please post it.

In what universe? It's almost may .
And? You, bear, and your universe, do not govern what the investigators do.

I fully support an intelligence agency investigations into Russian meddling. However, despite LW theatrics, the fact remains there is no verifiable evidence that the Russian meddling changed a single vote. Unlike the LW drama queens who falsely claimed "the election was hacked", there is no evidence of any such thing. If you have evidence that my post is incorrect, please post it.
That "no verifiable evidence that the Russian meddling changed a single vote" is not what the investigation is about. It's about the Russian collusion with Trump operatives. That no votes change does not mitigate in the slightest the criminality of the act.

I fully support an intelligence agency investigations into Russian meddling. However, despite LW theatrics, the fact remains there is no verifiable evidence that the Russian meddling changed a single vote. Unlike the LW drama queens who falsely claimed "the election was hacked", there is no evidence of any such thing. If you have evidence that my post is incorrect, please post it.
That "no verifiable evidence that the Russian meddling changed a single vote" is not what the investigation is about. It's about the Russian collusion with Trump operatives. That no votes change does not mitigate in the slightest the criminality of the act.
Again you would have more evidence that the Reagan campaign concluded with Iran....

No?

There are multiple investigations. You are free to focus on the ones that fit your political agenda.

There are multiple investigations. You are free to focus on the ones that fit your political agenda.
My agenda is simple: who in the Trump admin was actively colluding with the Russians to affect the election.

170426-russia-meddling-election-poll_rgbc9d.jpg

Vlad sez Nyet!

Trump sez 'Four!'

Country sez what the fuck?

sad

/---- where is the irrefutable proof?

170426-russia-meddling-election-poll_rgbc9d.jpg

Vlad sez Nyet!

Trump sez 'Four!'

Country sez what the fuck?

sad
Most stupid liberal voters think Russia meddled in the US elections, the same ones who Jonathan Gruber called "stupid" for believing that Un Affordable Healthcare was going to save them $2,500 a year. Just cant get more stupid than a liberal.
Jon Gruber, Obamacare, and Honesty in Politics
The controversy over Jonathan Gruber, the MIT economist and Obamacare "architect" who talked about the "stupidity of American liberal voters," seems to be losing a bit of energy.
About 40% of Republicans believe Russia meddled, too.
And those are the established Republicans that need to be drained from the swamp along with the Democrats. Then America will be great again.
America is Great now, and when you crazies are locked, it will be even better.

/---- it's great now because Trump is president

Why is anyone so bamboozled by the idea that Russia may have tried to influence out elections that they conducted a poll on it?

OF COURSE Russia would try to influence our elections. We're the big dog on the block, and Russia would naturally want an outcome favorable to themselves. I would be extremely surprised if Canada, for example, did NOT try to influence our elections (It does beg the question, though, why the Russian government would prefer a candidate clearly committed to increasing American military power over one clearly committed to reducing it).

Does anyone seriously think powerful governments are going to sit around hoping and wishing our elections will turn out favorably?

I mean, seriously, it's not like they behaved the way we do. We don't even bother to wait for an election to overthrow a government we don't like.
Covertly seeking to influence or change an election is an act of aggression, not one of a friend, much less an allie. While Canada and the Euros are free to speak their opinion on US domestic and foreign political issues, to illegally hack into US computers and use the hacked information to alter election results is a hostile and illegal action.
Again, who really believes even allies are not doing whatever they think they can get away with to influence things? Obama and Israel come to mind.
There's a difference between legal and illegal, Overt and Covert.
So, it's legal if it's overt, like what Obama did? How about military intervention, ala Obama and Hillary in Libya?

So, it's legal if it's overt, like what Obama did? How about military intervention, ala Obama and Hillary in Libya?
Usually overt. Our intelligence services do things that are covert, but also legal.

As for Libya, there's been a debate on Presidential powers even before 9/11.

My agenda is simple: who in the Trump admin was actively colluding with the Russians to affect the election.
Who? Do you mean "was anyone in the Trump admin....."?

Simple??

LOL!!!

Your "agenda" is actually very complex, Jake. To start with, you do not care one bit if Russia "meddled" in the US election. You just care that Netanyahu's candidate, Hillary, lost....

I voted for McMullin.

Clinton is out, so now we need to get His Orangeness out.

The Russian collusion investigation may very well do that.

Your agenda is simple: subvert American liberties.

Forum List

Back