Poll: More blame Obama for poor economy, unemployment

Once again, 0bama's opinion of Americans as stupid, short-term memory sheep is really proving to be a GOOD strategy. From what a read in the poll, sticking with the, its Bush's fault still works.

Its amazing how you can accuse Obama of having a short term memory and in the same paragraph ridicule the idea that the bad economy had anything to do with Bush.

It's amazing how you're still the leftwingnut hack you were 6 years ago. Everybody has to grow up. When're you going to?:eusa_eh:

First of all, even the constitution recognizes that the point of government is to protect the rights and liberties of the people.

First of all, the Constitution starts with a capital letter C. The Constitution protects the rights and liberties of the people by enumerating and giving them legal status. Citizens protect those rights. Governments on the other hand legislate your rights away in return for social securities. Your hand is extended for the entitlements, so your not retaking liberties back from anyone. Take your social cause wristband and write entitlements=slavery on it. As an alternative you could write my liberty is protected by me, not the government.

Let me paraphrase your comment " I go by the statistic that makes the other side look worse".

Let me paraphrase for you: You feed on whatever pablum the leftwing media push.

What matters most to the majority of Americans? Jobs.

Go ahead, ask some people who are long term unemployed without the prospect of a job if they think the economy has recovered because the DOW is up.

Before you stuck your nose in it I was commenting on Rabbi's retarded post that economy was worst when Obama took office, when in fact since his inauguration the stock market improved significantly and unemployment peaked at 10.1 and started to drop recently.

When people say worst since Great Depression they mean stock markets first of all.
No one gives a shit about the stock market when they are unemployed.
You can look at every measure and the economy became worse. Unemployment improved only because of two factors: hiring by the government (which is a drag on the economy) and people giving up looking for work.
But look at industrial production, jobs, GDP (less governmetn spending, which is through the roof), savings or any other measure of wealth and things are worse but just now getting better. And it is despite Obama, not because of him
But I will agree that whatever happens Obama will get the credit or blame, however much he does or does not deserve it. That's just politics.

List of recessions in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Why do you not want to showe me how well your assumptions work?

Lets jsut go throught the history of recessions in the US and discuss the impact of regulation on them?

I have debated every recession with many in my time and although my opponenets have always said they were the winner of those debates, those that saw it my way, siad they were the loser.

I will not gain from a debate like this with you and you will not gain from it either.

Like you said. You will not respect my theory as it is not proven; or something like that.

That was good enough for me to realize I will get nowhere with this debate with you.

I, However, wholly respect your theory. I do not need to accept it as fact to respect it.

We are in different places Truthmatters. Mine works for me and I trust yours works for you.

Great day here in NY! Anyone else have 70 and sunny?

Mine is not a theory but a proven tact that worked. The American people who lived through it agreed that it worked, economists agreed that it worked and historians agreed that it worked. Recently some have tried to rewrite this history because it distroys their theories.

The new deal worked and now you people wnat to claim it did not with not one shred of proof.

List of recessions in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Why do you not want to showe me how well your assumptions work?

Lets jsut go throught the history of recessions in the US and discuss the impact of regulation on them?

I have debated every recession with many in my time and although my opponenets have always said they were the winner of those debates, those that saw it my way, siad they were the loser.

I will not gain from a debate like this with you and you will not gain from it either.

Like you said. You will not respect my theory as it is not proven; or something like that.

That was good enough for me to realize I will get nowhere with this debate with you.

I, However, wholly respect your theory. I do not need to accept it as fact to respect it.

We are in different places Truthmatters. Mine works for me and I trust yours works for you.

Great day here in NY! Anyone else have 70 and sunny?

Mine is not a theory but a proven tact that worked. The American people who lived through it agreed that it worked, economists agreed that it worked and historians agreed that it worked. Recently some have tried to rewrite this history because it distroys their theories.

The new deal worked and now you people wnat to claim it did not with not one shred of proof.

To correct what you say:

Those that see it your way agree that it worked.

Those at the time that lived through it that saw it your way agreed that it worked.

Certain economists that see it your way agree that it worked.

Recently, some are trying to remind people, such as yourself, that only some of the people back then saw it the way you see it.

Many did not.

Not rewriting history. Simply reminding you of history.

Funny thing. One congressman uses the "trying to rewrite history" line one time, and it becomes a talking point.

Seventeen of the 18 industries that the ISM surveys reported growth last month, led by the apparel sector. Only makers of plastics and rubber products reported contraction.

Read more: US manufacturing growth revs up, construction down

Those 18 industries are export oriented.

Here's another look:

Full Report on Manufacturers’ Shipments, Inventories and Orders
February 2010
Summary

New orders for manufactured goods in February, up
ten of the last eleven months, increased $2.1 billion or
0.6 percent to $383.5 billion, the U.S. Census Bureau
reported today. This followed a 2.5 percent January
increase. Excluding transportation, new orders increased
0.7 percent.

Shipments, down following five consecutive monthly
increases, decreased $0.5 billion or 0.1 percent to $384.9
billion. This followed a 0.7 percent January increase.
Unfilled orders, up two consecutive months, increased
$3.3 billion or 0.5 percent to $722.2 billion. This
followed a 0.2 percent January increase. The unfilled
orders-to-shipments ratio was 5.55, up from 5.51 in
January.

Inventories, up four of the last five months, increased
$2.5 billion or 0.5 percent to $498.3 billion. This
followed a 0.3 percent January increase. The
inventories-to-shipments ratio was 1.29, unchanged from
January.

http://www.census.gov/manufacturing/m3/prel/pdf/s-i-o.pdf

Show me one historical example where what you claimed would work worked?

Truthmatters, I may be new to this board, but I see how it works here.

I present examples, you do your best to tell me how I am looking at them with partisan eyes.

I call you partisan in return and tell you you are a sheeep.

You then call me a liar and a right wing hack, I call you a loser and a left wing kook.

We are both better than that and I will not fall into it; and I will not drag you into it.

I am glad we see things differently. At least America is not turning into The Borg.

No, you DON'T truly see how it is, jarhead. She's a fucking retard. The worst political hack, rhetoric spouting leftwingnut goober on ANY board I have encountered her on. She's worse than Chrissy.

You are wasting the lifespan of your fingers and eyes responding to her idiotic shit.

Nice ID, btw.:cool:

Damn!

I thought I was the worst....I will just have to try harder

Let me paraphrase for you: You feed on whatever pablum the leftwing media push.

What matters most to the majority of Americans? Jobs.

Go ahead, ask some people who are long term unemployed without the prospect of a job if they think the economy has recovered because the DOW is up.

Before you stuck your nose in it I was commenting on Rabbi's retarded post that economy was worst when Obama took office, when in fact since his inauguration the stock market improved significantly and unemployment peaked at 10.1 and started to drop recently.

When people say worst since Great Depression they mean stock markets first of all.
No one gives a shit about the stock market when they are unemployed.
You can look at every measure and the economy became worse. Unemployment improved only because of two factors: hiring by the government (which is a drag on the economy) and people giving up looking for work.
But look at industrial production, jobs, GDP (less governmetn spending, which is through the roof), savings or any other measure of wealth and things are worse but just now getting better. And it is despite Obama, not because of him
But I will agree that whatever happens Obama will get the credit or blame, however much he does or does not deserve it. That's just politics.

Once again, the facts ellude poor Rabbi

GDP is UP for three consecutive quarters
Manufacturing and production are UP
Index of leading economic indicators UP 11 straight months
Interest rates...LOW
Inflation....LOW

First of all, even the constitution recognizes that the point of government is to protect the rights and liberties of the people.

First of all, the Constitution starts with a capital letter C. The Constitution protects the rights and liberties of the people by enumerating and giving them legal status. Citizens protect those rights. Governments on the other hand legislate your rights away in return for social securities. Your hand is extended for the entitlements, so your not retaking liberties back from anyone. Take your social cause wristband and write entitlements=slavery on it. As an alternative you could write my liberty is protected by me, not the government.

This is a common problem in Western societies. For some reason people see their constitutions/charters/what have you and their citizenry as separate entities from the government. It's telling that a citizen is a citizen until he becomes a senator, congressman, president, businessman, etc. Once they have some measure of power they are no longer a citizen, but part of the "them" crowd.

It would be interesting to see when this shift took place. American skepticism of government was not designed to make a completely unworkable government, nor do people realize that as population growth and urbanization occurs, its natural that the size of the faculties, facilities and institutional members would grow. That doesn't mean GOVERNMENT is expanding, it should be proportional. That doesn't mean it's not either, but there's no direct correlation between the government building more buildings/hiring more people and actual intrusiveness into your rights.

Similarly, the Constitution is part of our government, hell, its the BACKBONE of our government. It lists negative and positive freedoms, and it restrains certain actions in an effort to benefit the entire nation.

As I said before, I don't care if we have small government, or big government, as long as its EFFICIENT government. That's what should matter, and neither a remarkably small government nor will a large government suffice.

Lao Tzu says the best type of leader is one in which the people are barely aware, next is one who is kind and compassionate, next is one who is feared, and finally one who is detested and disobeyed.

The idea of democracy is to reach a government that embodies the first type of leadership, one in which the people are hardly aware of it. Failing to do this, we should aim to be just and compassionate until we can reach a state in which government is not needed.

We are not at that point as a race, it's just not possible to have no government. Similarly, we have evolved past the point where totalitarian control is possible as well. As I said, our goals now SHOULD be to work towards a less involved, but MORE efficient governing system, but if we stay mired in this nonsensical ideological bickering on our domestic political stage, nothing will progress.

Last week's jubilant signing of the health care overhaul, Obama's signature domestic initiative, seems to have given the president little boost. Instead, his standing on four personal qualities has sagged, and 50% of those surveyed say he doesn't deserve re-election.

Poll: More blame Obama for poor economy, unemployment - USATODAY.com

Maybe you do another gloating tour Barry, that last one helped you sooooooooo much.

You guys have proven that America isn't intellectually what she used to be.

And the history of recessions in the US proves that regulations work to stablize the economy.

It makes the ups and downs further appart and shallower.

This allows everyone to benifit from wealth growth at the expense of the few.

I want a country where everyone can build wealth not just the 1% at the expense of the majority.

It makes for a sustainable economy instead a boom and bust economy.

Truthmatters, I may be new to this board, but I see how it works here.

I present examples, you do your best to tell me how I am looking at them with partisan eyes.

I call you partisan in return and tell you you are a sheeep.

You then call me a liar and a right wing hack, I call you a loser and a left wing kook.

We are both better than that and I will not fall into it; and I will not drag you into it.

I am glad we see things differently. At least America is not turning into The Borg.

No, you DON'T truly see how it is, jarhead. She's a fucking retard. The worst political hack, rhetoric spouting leftwingnut goober on ANY board I have encountered her on. She's worse than Chrissy.

You are wasting the lifespan of your fingers and eyes responding to her idiotic shit.

Nice ID, btw.:cool:

Damn!

I thought I was the worst....I will just have to try harder

Bite me you left wing loon.
Your turn.

This is a common problem in Western societies. For some reason people see their constitutions/charters/what have you and their citizenry as separate entities from the government. It's telling that a citizen is a citizen until he becomes a senator, congressman, president, businessman, etc. Once they have some measure of power they are no longer a citizen, but part of the "them" crowd.

It would be interesting to see when this shift took place. American skepticism of government was not designed to make a completely unworkable government, nor do people realize that as population growth and urbanization occurs, its natural that the size of the faculties, facilities and institutional members would grow. That doesn't mean GOVERNMENT is expanding, it should be proportional. That doesn't mean it's not either, but there's no direct correlation between the government building more buildings/hiring more people and actual intrusiveness into your rights.

Similarly, the Constitution is part of our government, hell, its the BACKBONE of our government. It lists negative and positive freedoms, and it restrains certain actions in an effort to benefit the entire nation.

As I said before, I don't care if we have small government, or big government, as long as its EFFICIENT government. That's what should matter, and neither a remarkably small government nor will a large government suffice.

Lao Tzu says the best type of leader is one in which the people are barely aware, next is one who is kind and compassionate, next is one who is feared, and finally one who is detested and disobeyed.

The idea of democracy is to reach a government that embodies the first type of leadership, one in which the people are hardly aware of it. Failing to do this, we should aim to be just and compassionate until we can reach a state in which government is not needed.

We are not at that point as a race, it's just not possible to have no government. Similarly, we have evolved past the point where totalitarian control is possible as well. As I said, our goals now SHOULD be to work towards a less involved, but MORE efficient governing system, but if we stay mired in this nonsensical ideological bickering on our domestic political stage, nothing will progress.

What college or university in Europe do you attend? By the way, your bold printed paragraph above, flies in the face of your prior manifest on government involvement in the economy. Ah, Grasshopper, you must know I have the pebble in my hand before you can even begin to grasp how to obtain it from me.

And the history of recessions in the US proves that regulations work to stablize the economy.

It makes the ups and downs further appart and shallower.

This allows everyone to benifit from wealth growth at the expense of the few.

I want a country where everyone can build wealth not just the 1% at the expense of the majority.

It makes for a sustainable economy instead a boom and bust economy.

If you are correct, then we have some great times soon to come.

If you are incorrect, we will have one heck of a hole to climb out of.

Japan tried it and for ten years and they spiraled.

But yes, we are not Japan.

Are there two "L's" in spiraled?

You guys have proven that America isn't intellectually what she used to be.

Exactly, we now have half wits like Nancy pelosi and Harry reid and empty suits like Obama as 'leaders' and people like you applauding these fools.

Tis a shame really.

Glad you see it now.

Forum List

Back