Poll: Majority of Americans side with LGBT rights over ‘religious freedom’

Time moves on. By now I am ready to accept the union between two people of the same gender as valid. I even have no problem calling it a marriage.

Will the LGBT community be as polite and understanding and not threaten law suits if an establishment prefers not to cater to them because of religious convictions or will they be forever shit disturbers and bullies and imaginary victims?

Only if the establishment advertises the fact that they won't serve me because I'm gay...and only after you get rid of Public Accommodation laws that protect race, religion, country of origin, gender, disability, etc.

Will the LGBT community exercise common sense, logic and decency and find another establishment rather than seek head lines and being obtuse and objectionable and idiotic just because in today's politically correct climate they know they can?

Yes, if the Christian Bigot Community (CBC) advertises their bigotry in advance so that I don't inadvertently give them my gay dollars. We will also make snarky Yelp postiings....

No it isn't, it is your speculation. Christianity has many denominations and factions. One group doesn't get to make demands on the other. Westboro doesn't speak for all Christians or even Baptist and a select group of Catholic Priests can't speak for the whole Catholic Church or even Catholics in general. If they did all Catholics would be pedophiles.

Keep dreaming, the Bible is clear on homosexuality.
Thanks, but the Old Testament does not represent the teachings of Christ, this is not a religious issue and the pro discrimination fundamentalist do not have a right to interfere with constitutional rights. Someones interpretation of the Bible has no business being imposed on the public. America does not want institutionalized Christian style Sharia law. That is what the poll used in the OP shows. You can at the pulpit all you want, people don't have to respect your sermon or pay attention to what you say.
Where is the the amendment that says government must allow you to suck dick?????

It wasn't an amendment, none was needed. It was already in the Constitution, but some uptight puritanical "Conservatives" thought to legislate against allowing it.

So, to answer your question-ish...the right to "suck dick" came about by SCOTUS ruling. (Lawrence v Texas)
Hey dummy the supreme court doesn't make laws or amend the constitution so your fable is illegal.

They interpret it. When uptight puritanical "Conservatives" try to pass laws that abridge the freedom of individuals, they rule on those laws. The ones that "Conservatives" like yourself passed said that you couldn't "suck dick" or take it in the ass. The Supreme Court (rightfully) ruled that consenting adults can fuck each other in whatever orifice their body parts will accommodate.

First it is bakers and pizza parlors next it is churches.....The true goal of the progressive movement and the idiot liberal homosexuals will with fervor help them destroy yet another right.......

We're already in churches...more and more every day and we're doing it through public pressure, not through laws. Churches will never be forced, by the government, to perform a ceremony or ritual against the tenants of their faith. They will through pressure from their congregation (and because they simply will be able to afford not to), but not through government pressure.

Anti gay churches are safe...from the government. :badgrin:

Poll Majority of Americans side with LGBT rights over religious freedom LGBTQ Nation

A new national poll finds that a majority of Americans believe businesses should not be allowed to refuse services based on their religious beliefs, suggesting a split over the issue between voters and some of the politicians who represent them.

The Reuters/Ipsos poll released Thursday also found that 52 percent of Americans support allowing same-sex couples to marry, far more than the 32 percent who oppose it.

The poll found solid opposition to allowing businesses to refuse services or refuse to hire people or groups based on religious beliefs.

Fifty-four percent said it was wrong for businesses to refuse services, while 28 percent said they should have that right. And 55 percent said businesses should not have the right to refuse to hire certain people or groups based on the employer’s religious beliefs, while 27 percent said businesses should have the right.

Looks like the American people disagree with the religious right (who have, after all, always been a small minority) on this issue.
Small but nonetheless dangerous, where the Constitution and its case law is still very much needed to safeguard citizens' rights against that danger.

Against what danger? I find it absurd when Christians, of all people in this country, play the oppression card.

And it's the ignorance of the social right that contributes to the danger; such as the ignorance that necessary, proper, and Constitutional state and local public accommodations laws 'violate' religious liberty, when in fact nothing could be further from the truth.

Of course they don't.

Another thread for liberals to show hate for Christians....Old
The people promoting discrimination and showing disdain for LGBT's do not speak for Christians, they just insist on using that label. Many Christians and even entire denominations of Protestant religions disagree with the people claiming they are Christians as they spread anti Christ teachings. Christ would not support Christshiria laws.

Christ would tell the homos they are sinning and go and sin no more. That's a fact
No it isn't, it is your speculation. Christianity has many denominations and factions. One group doesn't get to make demands on the other. Westboro doesn't speak for all Christians or even Baptist and a select group of Catholic Priests can't speak for the whole Catholic Church or even Catholics in general. If they did all Catholics would be pedophiles.

Where does the bible say that homosexuality is bad? Quote chapter and verse, if you can.

The people promoting discrimination and showing disdain for LGBT's do not speak for Christians, they just insist on using that label. Many Christians and even entire denominations of Protestant religions disagree with the people claiming they are Christians as they spread anti Christ teachings. Christ would not support Christshiria laws.

Christ would tell the homos they are sinning and go and sin no more. That's a fact

Whether or not that is true is irrelevant. Your religion doesn't get to make laws that affect the rest of us.

Whether or not that is true is irrelevant. Your religion doesn't get to make laws that affect the rest of us.

It is true and it's the homos demanding laws be made. Most Christians just want to be left alone but homos just can't help themselves in their quest to be looked at as normal.

It is true and it's the homos demanding laws be made. Most Christians just want to be left alone but homos just can't help themselves in their quest to be looked at as normal.
People like you want your own sharia law....still waiting for you to quote where the bible says homosexuality is bad...chapter and verse.

Time moves on. By now I am ready to accept the union between two people of the same gender as valid. I even have no problem calling it a marriage.

Will the LGBT community be as polite and understanding and not threaten law suits if an establishment prefers not to cater to them because of religious convictions or will they be forever shit disturbers and bullies and imaginary victims?

Only if the establishment advertises the fact that they won't serve me because I'm gay...and only after you get rid of Public Accommodation laws that protect race, religion, country of origin, gender, disability, etc.

Will the LGBT community exercise common sense, logic and decency and find another establishment rather than seek head lines and being obtuse and objectionable and idiotic just because in today's politically correct climate they know they can?

Yes, if the Christian Bigot Community (CBC) advertises their bigotry in advance so that I don't inadvertently give them my gay dollars. We will also make snarky Yelp postiings....

People wearing no shirt and/or no shoes are usually refused service for obvious reasons.
If you are gay, you can walk into any establishment and unless you brag about your sickness nobody will know.
Hence, nobody will refuse to give you service.
Only the in-your-face, obtuse and bullying loud mouths like you are refused service.

One of the crucial concepts behind the founding of America was that minorities should be protected from being imposed upon by the majority, that there should be safeguards against pure majority rule.

I'm guessing that if ten different polls found that 80% of Americans agreed that gays should never be hired for a job and should be forced to undergo therapy to treat their deviant lifestyle, the liberals on this board would not be appealing to majority opinion but would be arguing that such a policy would wrong even if 95% of the people supported it. And I would agree with them.

First it is bakers and pizza parlors next it is churches.....The true goal of the progressive movement and the idiot liberal homosexuals will with fervor help them destroy yet another right.......

bf50778e37497705df59a0123e4f00f2.jpg

You don't speak for "Most Christians".

People wearing no shirt and/or no shoes are usually refused service for obvious reasons.
If you are gay, you can walk into any establishment and unless you brag about your sickness nobody will know.
Only the in-your-face, obtuse and bullying loud mouths like you are refused service.
After lifetimes of oppression and abuse the LGBT community has finally gained support from the public, the legislatures and the courts to live with the same rights and equal protections as everyone else. Old dinosaurs like you are pissed off that you can not abuse and oppress them anymore without suffering the consequences of legal and economic sanctions. Who can blame these people for telling you to fuck off when you insist on being able to abuse and oppress them.

It wasn't the 'homos' writing and supporting a certain law in Indiana, now was it?

bf50778e37497705df59a0123e4f00f2.jpg

After lifetimes of oppression and abuse the LGBT community has finally gained support from the public, the legislatures and the courts to live with the same rights and equal protections as everyone else. Old dinosaurs like you are pissed off that you can not abuse and oppress them anymore without suffering the consequences of legal and economic sanctions. Who can blame these people for telling you to fuck off when you insist on being able to abuse and oppress them.

Bleh, there is nothing normal about it. It goes against nature and God's word. End of it

Bleh, there is nothing normal about it. It goes against nature and God's word. End of it

You really should search what the medical community says about it, since they are the ones who have actually conducted scientific research to find out.

"NO LAWS can be passed that contradicts your rights to free religious exercise"

Civil Rights Act.

Live it, love it, learn it.
...and now we see how it's being misused by the leftist tyrants.
What's stopping you from getting up a movement to repeal all Civil Rights Acts?

I say: gopherit!
What's stopping you from using your head? I said it was being misused.

You say so, so it must be true. Oh wait...

I smell something rotten in Denmark. If true, that makes "most people' no better than mindless lemmings, or, perhaps most people aren't being truthful about their own prejudices and are damned liars. Or the survey itself is a fabrication, who knows. But something isn't right with this.

Forum List

Back