Poll: Have you ever been contacted by a political pollster?

Have you ever been contacted by a political pollster? Were you honest?

• Never contacted (Republican)

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Never contacted (Democrat)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never contacted (Independent or other)

• Been contacted (Republican)

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Been contacted (Democrat)

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Been contacted (Independent or other)

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Was completely honest

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Was NOT completely honest

• Peanut Butter and Pickle Sandwich

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes but not in the last few years, dammit.

Of course I was completely honest. What would be the point of deception?

Yes but not in the last few years, dammit.

Of course I was completely honest. What would be the point of deception?

Richard-H contends that Republicans lie to pollsters, which leads to a misappropriation of democratic resources...citing Wisconsin in the most recent election.

I countered that I believe pollsters efforts are concentrated on urban centers and their suburbs, ignoring more rural areas, which skews their polling leftward.

Last edited:
Have you ever been contacted by a political pollster?

If yes, were you completely honest?

I don't recall who the pollsters were but I got frustrated at the questions. They wanted yes or no answers which could have been read either way. At a time when congress was split 50/50, they asked if I was happy with the job they were doing. I asked which side and that wasn't an option, just a yes or no. So, if I was happy with one side, then yes, but would say no to the other. How in the heck do they determine what people are thinking with such ambiguous questions?

I did get a Dem pollster before the election. The guy was passing out campaign materials and had a hand held computer. Of course, the questions were 'do you care about healthcare?' and 'do you care about helping poor immigrants?' Again, no specifics and if you 'cared about healthcare' they would take it to mean supporting Obamacare. If you care about poor immigrants, they would read it as supporting illegal aliens and unvetted refugees. You can see where they skew results by asking vague questions and then later claiming that the majority support this or that. Just because most of us think healthcare is important doesn't mean we embrace Obamacare, which didn't help many. And believing that we should help the poor doesn't mean we want millions of people coming illegally and taking advantage of us.

I don't trust some polls because of the way the questions are worded. Hard to be honest when you realize that they can use your answer, which doesn't properly fit the question, any way they want.

I know some libs are claiming that millions of Republicans plotted to answer questions to pollsters incorrectly to fool Hillary. Amazing how they think that many people could be in on something like that and keep it secret.

Poll results are often subject to interpretation and those doing the analysis can easily come up with their desired results.

Have you ever been contacted by a political pollster?

If yes, were you completely honest?

Yep. Got contacted by multiple Dem pollsters during the election. Most were from New York, with a few from California. Not one was from my State. I had the most fun with one of the CA pollsters, a man. He asked the usual questions and then when he asked if I was going to vote for the shrilary I said "no". He asked why and I said "because she's a criminal". He laughed, and said "yeah, we're getting a lot of that!"

Forum List

Back