Poll for leftists.....Did you pay your FAIR SHARE?

Did you send in that extra dough to make sure you paid your FAIR SHARE?

• Yes

• NO

• Taxes are for thee and not for me

Results are only viewable after voting.
Of course you weren't taxed at 70 to 90 percent so did you do the right thing and send in that extra 50% of your income?
Did you refuse to pay anything because it’s your hard earned money and not the government’s? We both payed more than Amazon and other massive corporations. Isn’t that something?
/----/ "We both payed more than Amazon and other massive corporations."
My God man - you paid more than $412 million in 2015?
Does Amazon Pay Taxes? Contrary to Trump Tweet, Yes
The company, in its latest annual report to the Securities and Exchange Commission, said that it paid $177 million in income taxes in 2014, $273 million in 2015 and $412 million last year.
View attachment 249778

What % of the companies income is that ?
/---/ Don't answer a question with another question. Did you pay more than Amazon who paid $412 million?
I have to admit, it is a valid question. Percentage wise, they are not even close.

Looks like their net revenue for 2018 was 234 billion. If all they paid is 412 million that's like .18 percent. At the 21 percent number, they should have paid almost 50 billion in taxes. Sure. There will be some deductions for payroll and a few other things, but not enough to wipe away 99% of their tax burden.

I agree in that respect. They should pay what they are required to. If 21% is the number then that is what they should pay.

Or did I get my math wrong...?
well there is quite a lot that comes out of that revenue, like expenses, what they buy and what they pay out for benfits. it's amazing how fking everyone knows shit about our tax system. fking amazing. fk the fact they paid 412 million and you and I pay 10 thousand or so. if you took all their money, you don't make a dent. fk.

you know you and I get tax credits, we get to take deductions, so is it any different? if you paid 28% against what you made right?

Did you refuse to pay anything because it’s your hard earned money and not the government’s? We both payed more than Amazon and other massive corporations. Isn’t that something?
The company, in its latest annual report to the Securities and Exchange Commission, said that it paid $177 million in income taxes in 2014, $273 million in 2015 and $412 million last year.
View attachment 249778

/---/ Don't answer a question with another question. Did you pay more than Amazon who paid $412 million?
I have to admit, it is a valid question. Percentage wise, they are not even close.

Looks like their net revenue for 2018 was 234 billion. If all they paid is 412 million that's like .18 percent. At the 21 percent number, they should have paid almost 50 billion in taxes. Sure. There will be some deductions for payroll and a few other things, but not enough to wipe away 99% of their tax burden.

I agree in that respect. They should pay what they are required to. If 21% is the number then that is what they should pay.

well there is quite a lot that comes out of that revenue, like expenses, what they buy and what they pay out for benfits. it's amazing how fking everyone knows shit about our tax system. fking amazing. fk the fact they paid 412 million and you and I pay 10 thousand or so. if you took all their money, you don't make a dent. fk.

you know you and I get tax credits, we get to take deductions, so is it any different? if you paid 28% against what you made right?
Im getting different numbers from different websites. One site lists their net revenue as 234 billion, but also lists their net income at 10 billion. So, even at the 10billion number, they should have paid 2 billion in taxes, but paid about 1/4th of that.

Admittedly, I'm probably not the best at taxes.

View attachment 249778

Im getting different numbers from different websites. One site lists their net revenue as 234 billion, but also lists their net income at 10 billion. So, even at the 10billion number, they should have paid 2 billion in taxes, but paid about 1/4th of that.

Admittedly, I'm probably not the best at taxes.
well you need to see what they submitted to the IRS. you think the IRS doesn't take collecting taxes seriously?

Of course you weren't taxed at 70 to 90 percent so did you do the right thing and send in that extra 50% of your income?
This is a classic example of the, I have absolutely nothing better to do with my time/life so I'll start a really stupid thread, thread

Let the nutter circle jerk begin.

Translation~ you didn't donate to the IRS

Translation "I don't want to pay for that wall that Trump said Mexico would pay for, so you all better pay your share."

Yeah. It's a dumb thread.

This is a classic example of the, I have absolutely nothing better to do with my time/life so I'll start a really stupid thread, thread

Translation "I don't want to pay for that wall that Trump said Mexico would pay for, so you all better pay your share."

So you didn't mid paying for the wall fuck face when Bill and Obama was building it?

So you didn't mid paying for the wall fuck face when Bill and Obama was building it?

Awwwww someones triggered because he can't afford his wall

Well if you can't keep your promise to America that Mexico will pay for it... Just get those taxes instead right?

I bet you don't know that SS and Medicare make up 60% of the taxes received. Did you know that? funny how you leftist fks can never finish an analogy. Thanks bendog for that information.
What does that have to do with my post on federal income taxes?

Social security and medicare are NOT federal income taxes...

tell me YOU KNOW this....

And your 60% figure is off, Social security and medicare make up about 40% to 45% of the federal revenues and not 60%
sure they are federal income taxes. what do you think they are? :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:
Federal payroll taxes, not federal income taxes, and not federal corporate taxes and not federal excise taxes...

they are part of the federal tax revenues collected but not federal INCOME taxes....

I almost wish they were a part of income taxes instead of payroll taxes... because at least then, those who make very little, but still pay nearly 10% of their salaries in payroll taxes, would be included in all of these "income tax breaks" that our government has given over the years.
explain to me the difference between taking money from payroll for SS and taking money from payroll for federal income taxes? are they both not taken from your pay? how fking stupid are you.
With income tax, your entire income is taxable after certain deductibles.

With Payroll taxes, people who earn their incomes through investments, like in the stock market, or by owning a business, like the Bill Gates, the Warren Buffets, and the Trumps in the world....they do NOT have to pay any payroll taxes....ZERO. And those who do make a lot of money through a payroll salary, only have to pay these payroll taxes up to a CAP, which is about $128,000.... anything the rich guys make above tht $128k has NO Social Security TAXES due on it..... Which primarily puts the burden of payroll taxes, on to the middle class and lower class WORKERS.

They don't pay because they don't get the benefits. If you want to end social security and have no one pay, I am up for discussion.

View attachment 249778

As a business owner myself expenditures and reinvestment is a huge portion of your write offs.
You can give it to the government for little to no return or reinvest it to grow your company. It's a no brainer and any leftist that says otherwise is an idiot who has never actually had their money/future on the line.
Platitudes are easy to spout until they hit you in the wallet.

The middle class was NEVER suppose to be hit with the Income tax, only the wealthiest paid income taxes... the government never tried to get blood out of turnips back then.... and only those who could afford to pay, were taxed, above a certain amount of personal exemption from taxes.... which pretty much exempted anyone in the middle class from any federal income tax.

So much for that....

The personal exemption amount in 1894 was $4,000 ($109,277 in 2016 dollars). The income tax enacted in 1894 was declared unconstitutional in 1895. The income tax law in its modern form—which began in the year 1913—included a provision for a personal exemption amount of $3,000 ($71,764 in 2016 dollars), or $4,000 for married couples. ($95,686 in 2016 dollars)
I bet you don't know that SS and Medicare make up 60% of the taxes received. Did you know that? funny how you leftist fks can never finish an analogy. Thanks bendog for that information.
What does that have to do with my post on federal income taxes?

Social security and medicare are NOT federal income taxes...

tell me YOU KNOW this....

And your 60% figure is off, Social security and medicare make up about 40% to 45% of the federal revenues and not 60%
They are removed from your income by the feds! In that sense they are federal taxes on your income!

If the thread is stupid then why did you post in it? Oh never mind...

View attachment 249778

Well we are Americans. Those are businessess . A paper creation allowed by the government.

Why shouldn’t they pay a higher % than your average joe ?

View attachment 249778

Well we are Americans. Those are businessess . A paper creation allowed by the government.

/—-/ Why should they? Why shouldn’t you pay 100% tax?

Because I can’t survive at a 100% rate .

/——/ You don’t care if a company can survive. But you can get food stamps and welfare. So you should work hard and pay 100% taxes. Do it for the children.

I’m not a corporation and don’t have corporation protection.

/——/ You don’t care if a company can survive. But you can get food stamps and welfare. So you should work hard and pay 100% taxes. Do it for the children.

I never said they should pay 90% . I DO think business should be taxed higher than individuals .

I’m not a corporation and don’t have corporation protection.
/—-/ You’re just a greedy selfish person who doesn’t care if others go hungry

I never said they should pay 90% . I DO think business should be taxed higher than individuals .
/——/ Then they pass the tax on to the consumers. Duhhhhhh

Forum List

Back