CDZ Poll: Do you text when you are driving?

Have you ever texted while driving?

• I have never texted in my life.

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • I have never texted while driving a motor vehicle.

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • I have read texts while driving.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have sent texts while driving.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have read and sent texts while driving.

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters

tinynascarfan

Mar 3, 2016
Come on, be honest, I've done it once or twice, realized how dangerous it was and now preach against it.

Now this is just texting, in other words, sending or reading text messages while driving down any road, or even driving around a parking lot.

lol. Yes. Been driving...oh...almost 50 years now. 1 accident when I was 16. Minor. Nothing since. Got one ticket for speeding though. Just one.

DMV mails my license to me. :lol:

Come on, be honest, I've done it once or twice, realized how dangerous it was and now preach against it.

Now this is just texting, in other words, sending or reading text messages while driving down any road, or even driving around a parking lot.

Siri. I-Phone.

My own personal secretary repeats what I say, and sends the text.

Basically the same thing as "Onstar" - talk and drive.

Seldom does it occur unless I am on a long drive out of state. I don't keep my phone with me normally ; 90% of the time it is at home.

Shadow 355

lol. Yes. Been driving...oh...almost 50 years now. 1 accident when I was 16. Minor. Nothing since. Got one ticket for speeding though. Just one.

You are giving me a very good insight into your age...LOL...I got my one and only speeding ticket on the day I got my license back in 86, that 100 bucks taught me real quick. Truth be told though, I was driving a car at 7 years old, and driving by myself at 11, it was a different world back then.

I text all the time, but never once when driving. Ever!

You are giving me a very good insight into your age...LOL...I got my one and only speeding ticket on the day I got my license back in 86, that 100 bucks taught me real quick. Truth be told though, I was driving a car at 7 years old, and driving by myself at 11, it was a different world back then.
Yup. I could be yer granny. What a nice thought, eh? Behave cuz GrannyGracie is watching you.:lol:

stubborn-granny-303988.jpg

I text all the time, but never once when driving. Ever!
I have no clue how to go about it and can't see those tiny letters to begin with. Wait. There are no letters. Oh. Wait. Yes there are..under the numbers. I have a flip phone. El Cheapo. I only use my cell for emergencies. Nothing else.

Well, I can text fine...but I don't even like to talk on the phone when driving. I realize I am very distracted. I have a Samsung Galaxy. Nice phone, but still will never text and drive.

My cell stays off. In my purse. So if I go somewhere and the car fucks up, I can call MrG or Geico. And that happened once already. Don't want it to happen again. The cell phone came in handy at that time. And that is the only reason I have it. I pay 15 bucks per month for unlimited calls. I never use it, and nothing rolls over. Like I said..el cheapo.

Nope. I am a defensive driver.

Does it count if you do it at a stop light?
What about if you are playing a game while in bumper to bumper traffic?

I do NOT text while my vehicle is moving. EVER!
However, about 15 years ago, I had this old Nokia phone, and, I used to play a game on it but again, only at lights or during very slow moving traffic. I wish I could remember the game... I have no idea why I liked it.... there were actually 2 I like ... one was one of those games where you would flip the cards and they would have images on them and you had to match the images.... this was it! Snake!

snake.jpg

No. I have all the hands free crap in my cars. So I can answer and make calls while my phone is in my pocket.
In general I don't text much if at all. If I have to say more than 3 or 4 words I call someone

Last edited:
I prefer to text or email.

People ramble and feel like that have to make opening pleasantries in conversations.

It's like tell me what you need and get the fuck off the phone. I don't feel like talking about our personal lives.

Yup. I could be yer granny. What a nice thought, eh? Behave cuz GrannyGracie is watching you.:lol:

stubborn-granny-303988.jpg
Well, my granny would have turned 100 this December, I figured you for around 40 years her junior.

I prefer to text or email.

People ramble and feel like that have to make opening pleasantries in conversations.

It's like tell me what you need and get the fuck off the phone. I don't feel like talking about our personal lives.
Yes, people do ramble, and ask annoying questions, that I don't have the answers to, most of the time.

Being on the phone is often a huge time waster in regards to productivity.

Forum List

Back