Poll: Americans Oppose Obama's First Two Executive Orders

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
President Obama has garnered widespread support for his early actions in office, but Americans strongly oppose the commander-in-chief's first two executive orders -- allowing federal funding for overseas abortions and closing Guantanamo -- according to a Gallup poll released Tuesday.

Fifty-eight percent of Americans said they disagreed with the president's decision to give overseas funding to family planning organizations that provide abortions, according to the survey taken between Friday and Sunday. Thirty-five percent supported it.

Poll: Americans Oppose Obama's First Two Executive Orders - First 100 Days of Presidency - Politics FOXNews.com

President Obama has garnered widespread support for his early actions in office, but Americans strongly oppose the commander-in-chief's first two executive orders -- allowing federal funding for overseas abortions and closing Guantanamo -- according to a Gallup poll released Tuesday.

Fifty-eight percent of Americans said they disagreed with the president's decision to give overseas funding to family planning organizations that provide abortions, according to the survey taken between Friday and Sunday. Thirty-five percent supported it.

Poll: Americans Oppose Obama's First Two Executive Orders - First 100 Days of Presidency - Politics FOXNews.com

And of course:

The poll also found that more Americans -- 50 percent to 44 percent --oppose the president's decision to close the Guantanamo Bay prison for terror suspects within in a year.

Makes it sound a little closer then you make it seem. Besides, wouldn't rely on a poll exactly considering location and whether Democrats or Republicans were oversampled.

And of course you also don't add:

Despite clear disapproval to the two executive orders, an overwhelming majority of Americans said they supported the president's first actions as president.

Seventy-four percent favored Obama's position to lift interrogation techniques on prisoners, while 76 percent said they agreed with the decision to name special envoys to the Middle East, Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Seventy-six percent also said the agreed with Obama's decision to tighten ethics rules for administration officials. And 66 percent said they agree with his effort to make it easier for workers to sue for pay discrimination.

Thanks for only posting the only part of the story that helps your Obama hate. Try again though.

And of course:

The poll also found that more Americans -- 50 percent to 44 percent --oppose the president's decision to close the Guantanamo Bay prison for terror suspects within in a year.

Makes it sound a little closer then you make it seem. Besides, wouldn't rely on a poll exactly considering location and whether Democrats or Republicans were oversampled.

And of course you also don't add:

Despite clear disapproval to the two executive orders, an overwhelming majority of Americans said they supported the president's first actions as president.

Seventy-four percent favored Obama's position to lift interrogation techniques on prisoners, while 76 percent said they agreed with the decision to name special envoys to the Middle East, Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Seventy-six percent also said the agreed with Obama's decision to tighten ethics rules for administration officials. And 66 percent said they agree with his effort to make it easier for workers to sue for pay discrimination.

Thanks for only posting the only part of the story that helps your Obama hate. Try again though.

Look DUmbASS I posted this using the fair use rules. Post a paragraph or two and then a link. You wanna spaz about that have at it! I mock you. :lol:

I actually get a kick watching you put knots in yer knickers! :eusa_whistle:

What fucking bullshit. McCain supporters made this point a thousand times during the elections, and we were batted down every time. We actually turned out to be WRONG, but now you're trying to feed us our own regurgitation? Give me a break. If the election proved anything, polls CAN be right.

Why are we providing medical care <read abortions>for people overseas when so many of our own people don't have medical care?

Seems to me, Americans should come first.

Amazing how faux news and it's adherants contort themselves to advance their little agenda.

The REAL headline:

Americans Approve of Most Obama Actions to Date February 2, 2009
Solid majorities of Americans approve of Barack Obama&#8217;s actions on diplomacy, interrogations, ethics reform, fuel efficiency standards, and pay discrimination. But the public disagrees with closing the Guantanamo Bay prison and lifting the ban on U.S. funds for overseas abortion providers.

Gallup.Com - Polls, Daily Tracking, Public Opinion on News, Politics, Economics, Management

They aren't in with the two exec orders that you're talking about because a) lunatics are saying they're funding overseas ABORTION PROVIDERS (big deal!) and are ringing the hysteria bell over closing Gitmo. (in a continued effort to destroy habeas corpus).

Obama lifted Bush's GAG RULE... which denied funds to anyone that used the word abortion in counseling. It was one of those gifts to the rabid religious right.

Seventy-six percent also said the agreed with Obama's decision to tighten ethics rules for administration officials.

That's pretty funny right there... considering ethics have had nothing to do with Obama's administration construction

Why are we providing medical care <read abortions>for people overseas when so many of our own people don't have medical care?

That's not what lifting Bush's gag rule did.

ABC News: Obama Overturns 'Mexico City Policy' Implemented by Reagan

President Obama signed an executive order today reversing the ban that prohibits funding to international family planning groups that provide abortions, as first reported by ABC News.

sure looks to me like we are sending money to international family planning groups that provide abortions .....

President Obama signed an executive order today reversing the ban that prohibits funding to international family planning groups that provide abortions, as first reported by ABC News.

sure looks to me like we are sending money to international family planning groups that provide abortions .....

It's sounds to me like he sees them as an imminent threat and is planning a pre-emptive genocide.

It's sounds to me like he sees them as an imminent threat and is planning a pre-emptive genocide.

could cut down on illegal immigration.....

gettem while they're young-----that's what grandpa always used to say.

Yeah, I've gotta agree with that, though I don't know the full context of it. Are American taxpayers paying for overseas abortions? I mean, is part of our 2009-2010 fiscal budget actually going towards paying doctors to perform abortions on women who live in foreign countries? If so, which countries? And why?

You would think, but according to a study I read awhile ago, Mexican's in the USA have more kids per family than Mexicans in Mexico. I forget by how much.

How about we abort them here?

What fucking bullshit. McCain supporters made this point a thousand times during the elections, and we were batted down every time. We actually turned out to be WRONG, but now you're trying to feed us our own regurgitation? Give me a break. If the election proved anything, polls CAN be right.

Actually no, if this election proved anything then polls can be wrong. Obama and NH anyone?

You would think, but according to a study I read awhile ago, Mexican's in the USA have more kids per family than Mexicans in Mexico. I forget by how much.

How about we abort them here?

Mexicans have really cut back on the kids. I go to Mexico alot & speak Spanish. Their T.V. adds over the last 15 years or so are based on parents only having 2 kids. It's not Mexico we're sending money too for family planning or abortions. My guess would be the continent of Africa--

I would guess that these two executive orders from Obama is the bone he threw to the left wing of his party.

GITMO--after his order has become a real problem for him. Primarily what to do with the remaining terrorists that have not already been released. These 200 or so are the worst of the worst. No one wants them in their backyard. The U.S. prisons don't want them, primarily because it is they that will have to guarantee their safety. Being in an American prison would mean that these terrorists would have the life span of a nat around other American prisoners. Some of these terrorists do not want to go back to where they came from--as they are much more afraid of what will happen to them in their home countries. "Maybe a few beheadings". So Obama in essense has opened up a can of worms on this one. In fact, I would think that the majority of Americans felt there was no reason to move these terrorists from GITMO in the first place.

As far as foreign abortions--that too was another bone thrown to the left wing of his party. Nancy Pelosi actually suggested that this executive order had something to do with the stimulus package. She's a total nutcase. Why she is leader of the house of representatives still evades rational.

Last edited:

Actually no, if this election proved anything then polls can be wrong. Obama and NH anyone?
uh, the polls said Obama would win NH in the general election, and he did

Forum List

Back