Politics - Come back in a year

bill718

Diamond Member
Jun 26, 2016
THOUGHTS FROM AN INDEPENDENT:

It's fun for Conservatives and Liberals to verbally trash each other in forums like this (I admit to doing a bit of it myself) but nothing really significant is going to happen in politics for the next year so here are a few suggestions: Go jogging, do some yard work, check out the latest SI swimsuit girls, watch a really violent movie, play golf or (fill in your favorite hobby). The only things that could possibly happen in the next 12 months of any note is:

Republicans: Trump gets a decent trade deal with China, gets bit in the ass by one of his many legal scandals, does a bipartisan deal with Democrats, has a heart attack (he's not as healthy as he claims) Gets Mexico to pay for that wall.

Democrats: Stops bitching about Trump and comes up with some good ideas on their own, chooses a unqualified candidate due to their stupid superdelegate system (You know....like Hillary) Their chosen candidate has a heart attack (they are not very healthy either)

All of this is unlikely - So, look on the political scene as a soap opera, you can come back in a year, and you haven't missed anything. Enjoy some time off (and don't forget those SI swimsuit girls!)
:2cents:

So what are you saying? We should all get along for a year? :auiqs.jpg:

Good luck with that even happening.

(I would go jogging and do the wonderful things that you mentioned. But my disability limits me to a few things. So, I am basically either watching movies and on the computer.)

So, look on the political scene as a soap opera,...
as-the-stomach-turns.jpg

THOUGHTS FROM AN INDEPENDENT:

It's fun for Conservatives and Liberals to verbally trash each other in forums like this (I admit to doing a bit of it myself) but nothing really significant is going to happen in politics for the next year so here are a few suggestions: Go jogging, do some yard work, check out the latest SI swimsuit girls, watch a really violent movie, play golf or (fill in your favorite hobby). The only things that could possibly happen in the next 12 months of any note is:

Republicans: Trump gets a decent trade deal with China, gets bit in the ass by one of his many legal scandals, does a bipartisan deal with Democrats, has a heart attack (he's not as healthy as he claims) Gets Mexico to pay for that wall.

Democrats: Stops bitching about Trump and comes up with some good ideas on their own, chooses a unqualified candidate due to their stupid superdelegate system (You know....like Hillary) Their chosen candidate has a heart attack (they are not very healthy either)

All of this is unlikely - So, look on the political scene as a soap opera, you can come back in a year, and you haven't missed anything. Enjoy some time off (and don't forget those SI swimsuit girls!)
:2cents:

Excellent post. So far this summer I have watched every Steven Seagal movie in chronological order, attempted to fish out the stretch of Chesapeake Bay behind my neighborhood by kayak, spent copious amounts of time with the in-laws (hey, I'm still breathing), and anxiously awaited our upcoming vacation to the Eastern Shore. All that and work, work, work too and I still find time to harass some of my fellow human beings on this internet message board. I need a USMB T-shirt. MAGA?

I erased all news bookmarks from my browser. Thinking about politics is a waste of time at this point. I haven't watched any debates nor will I in the future.

Forum List

Back