Political Science Survey: How has the image of America been affected from the election of Trump?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by emmahirschy, Jan 17, 2017.

1. emmahirschy

emmahirschy Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hey guys I am currently working on a survey for my final project in my political science class. If you could, please help me out by answering these questions, that would be great.
    1. What is your political affiliation?
    2. How do you think the image of America has been affected after President-elect Donald Trump won the 2016 Presidential Election?
    3. In which ways do you think the image of America will change after inauguration day, on January 20th?
    4. How do you think the rest of the world will react if Trump restores positive relations with Russia, since most of our allies are against Russia's involvement in the middle east?
    5. Overall, has the image of America been affected positively or negatively?

Thanks so much. Emma

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Wuwei

Wuwei Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,129
    I think you are at the wrong place. The people here simply swear at each other and call each other stupid. They for the most part will not take you seriously.
    However, for what it's worth I will answer your survey

1. Dem
    2. The country will become more divided.
    3. Some governments will be frightened of Trump. Others won't take him seriously. He will have a poor image.
    4. It's hard to see what positive relations might be. I seriously think Putin has a hold on Trump and Trump in some way is beholden to Putin
    5. As I said before. Negatively.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  3. Clementine

Clementine Platinum Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,279
    1. Independent

2. Companies have changed their tune about sending jobs to other countries and Soros lost money when our economy didn't start collapsing as he had hoped. Israel seems relieved. The hostility towards Trump and the American people who supported him seem to be mainly coming from the left and not the rest of the world. Mexico is clearly unhappy about losing jobs and having the border secured.

3. Remains to be seen but more leaders seem to be willing to repair relations.

4. In the past, restoring relations with countries was viewed as a positive thing. Reset button, anyone? I find it strange that the same people who supported Obama destroying relations with our allies, like Israel, are now pretending to care. They supported Obama taking the Muslim Brotherhood off the terror list and started treating them like a legitimate government. He continued to praise the Cuban president. He was harsh with allies and friendly with enemies. Before the election, the left said the world will love us again. After the election, the left said we shouldn't care what other countries think of us. We need to stand by allies but cannot simply ignore enemies and assume they'll leave us alone. We shouldn't trust them, the way Obama does Iran and other radical Muslims, but we shouldn't start trouble, either.

5. Overall, so far I'd say positive though some are doing their best to paint a different picture. Some media is only reporting things they find critical of Trump, such as the protesters and any nasty remarks. It's not the complete picture.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ringel05

Ringel05 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,850
    1. My political affiliation is Monarchist as long as I'm the monarch.
    2. Some that liked us now worry, some that hated us now look more favorably on us, some will try to take advantage of us, same as what happens when every new president is elected.
    3. How will our image change? Won't know until it happens (my crystal ball is in the shop for repairs).
    4. Again, my crystal ball is in for repairs.
    5. The image of America will remain both positive and negative depending on who one talks to.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. TNHarley

TNHarley Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +56,055
    1. think for myself
    2. not sure honestly. He is an embarrassment but our image was already tainted by the last two war mongering jokes in office
    3. probably not much than the day before
    4.I don't care. If they are against having Russia as an ally, they seem stupid. We should try to be friends with everyone.
    5. idk
    I don't see much difference between questions 2 and 5. Seems redundant

6. Snouter

Snouter Can You Smell Me

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,936
    1. What is your political affiliation?

None.

2. How do you think the image of America has been affected after President-elect Donald Trump won the 2016 Presidential Election?

Much for the better. No more getting screwed with bad trade deals and no more neocon military policy of intervention in the middle east and elsewhere that creates refugees. But the savage Muslims must be destroyed at this point as a result of Butthurt Obama and Crooked Hillary.

3. In which ways do you think the image of America will change after inauguration day, on January 20th?

It will be much better just for the fact we will have a president who is America first, not neocon douchebag first. Plus, the image is a much more Presidential looking couple.

4. How do you think the rest of the world will react if Trump restores positive relations with Russia, since most of our allies are against Russia's involvement in the middle east?

"Most of our allies" are neocon governments who seek to destroy the West with their policy to allow the invasion of Europe with Muslim savages. Russia should be our main ally at this point. If the USA joined Russia in the 1980's, there would have never been a Taliban.

5. Overall, has the image of America been affected positively or negatively?

Positively. If the government is a living organism, all the parasites and diseased cells are falling away and scratching and clawing as they no longer have their grip on the host.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Lewdog

Lewdog Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,789

1. Independent
    2. It has been tarnished because the country elected an online troll as President.
    3. People will fear and laugh at the U.S. at the same time. They will fear that Trump is so thin skinned and hot headed he could do something dangerous, yet they will laugh at the fact that the U.S. is now so dysfunctional.
    4. The rest of the world will simply state their displeasure and then turtle for the rest of the 4 years until Trump is voted out of office.
    5. It has most definitely been negative.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. SassyIrishLass

SassyIrishLass Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +86,904
    :lmao:

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 2
  9. owebo

owebo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,629
    You first, Ms. Emma.....

10. emmahirschy

emmahirschy Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4
    1. I am a republican.
    2. In no way, shape, or form has this past election resulted in positive outlooks from countries across the world. Do not get me wrong here, I support Trump's policies; however, I am very aware that to many, this election was disappointing due to Trump's behavior. As of right now, I would say that the image of America is negative since we have seen other countries making it clear to the US that they will not stand for the mistreatment of minorities in the United States.
    3. The first one hundred days of the Trump presidency will be crucial for the overall image of America. If Trump hold true to what he said he will do, I think that could be very beneficial. On the other hand, if he does not, then that could be an issue.
    4. Since most of our allies don't like the Russian involvement in the middle east, I don't think they will be too pleased. However, I don't think that restoring a friendly relationship with Russia will cause for them to start a world war against two of the biggest countries, both size wise and military wise. I would assume other countries would become worried and negative.
    5. As of now, negative.