Political Rhetoric!

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
words matter donā€™t they? Given all the really hateful divisive the democrat candidates are spewing would you respect any one of them if the manage to get elected a President?

Will they left be happy if the President they elect receives the exact measure of respect the have afforded the Republican President?

words matter donā€™t they? Given all the really hateful divisive the democrat candidates are spewing would you respect any one of them if the manage to get elected a President?

Will they left be happy if the President they elect receives the exact measure of respect the have afforded the Republican President?
Alas, respect is ancient history. Just ask Obama. You might want to thank Trump who questioned the legitimacy of Obama's election.

Alas, respect is ancient history. Just ask Obama. You might want to thank Trump who questioned the legitimacy of Obama's election.
It was dead long before them, before Obama there was Bush, remember how Democrats treated Bush?

I believe we have reached the end of meaningful compromise between the two sides in our country. After all. Both sides only compromised in order to inch closer to their goals. Thereā€™s really no ground left to give. And neither side really has any reason to ā€œrespectā€ the other. Each sides political opposition is now nothing more than an obstacle. The phrase ā€œmy fellow Americansā€ has never rang more hollowā€ than now. I hesitate to say that the current political climate is the new normal; in reality itā€™s likely only a glimpse of our furthering division. The only thing I wonder about; is how long weā€™re gonna drag this out, and are we gonna do this the easy way (war), or the hard way (diplomacy). My money is on the easy way...

It was dead long before them, before Obama there was Bush, remember how Democrats treated Bush?
You're right. I also recall how Bill was treated by the GOP.
And Reagan by the democrats!
Now that I don't recall. Got any examples?

Now that I don't recall. Got any examples?
Yaā€™ll shot him.

Examples?

Examples?

Oh stuff like calling him a racist, a traitor, a liar? Need more? A Russian assets/agent.

Reagan got along pretty well with the Democrats. And he gave amnesty to 2.9 million illegal immigrants. But I digress...

Examples?

Oh stuff like calling him a racist, a traitor, a liar? Need more? A Russian assets/agent.

Mueller isn't a Democrat.

Examples?

We srenā€™t Talking about Mueller Dummie.

Examples?

We srenā€™t Talking about Mueller Dummie.

They are just saying what Mueller said. They are just saying it in words that the average voter can actually understand. And if you didn't get that from Mueller's testimony, case in point.

I guess your criticism of Trump is notated and great, this is what we have become. In a copycat political world, they're probably figuring what got Donald elected will get them elected.

Or some mastermind is telling this field of 20 candidates to try a variety of different tactics to see which one sticks with voters so to say. If the most polite polls best, the D party coach will probably send them up to bat against nasty Donald. If the most foul mouthed does, they get to play.

"They started it!" "No, they did!" Geez guys, get a grip. The fact is that each side demagogues the other, and not just the principle players either. How many times does a poster around here demean the supporters of the other side? The political rhetoric these days is so toxic that I don't know if it matters who the next president is, or the one after that. The hate is not going away. Words do matter, and very few of us are setting a good example for future generations. From Trump on down, and not many have the high moral ground here.

Forum List

Back