Political Reality: The GOP’s: “Last Best Hope”

"• Young people supported Democrats by a 2 to 1 margin and, of the 2.2 million new young voters this cycle, two million voted for a Democrat for president. "

YDA | Youth Statistics

(and yes their math is way off)
Yet if they were to stay Democrat, then there wouldn't be any Republicans left by now....

"• Young people supported Democrats by a 2 to 1 margin and, of the 2.2 million new young voters this cycle, two million voted for a Democrat for president. "

YDA | Youth Statistics

(and yes their math is way off)
Yet if they were to stay Democrat, then there wouldn't be any Republicans left by now....

Well, we can fix young and naive...

Historically, the party in power, if you could call it in power, does better during the mid terms.

The current approval rating for the Republican Party is 25%.

The public is angry at the Democrats for not cleaning up Republicans mess fast enough
. But what can you do. Republican policies helped companies move to China at the rate of 2.4 MILLION from 2001 to 2008. The two mismanaged wars. The ruined economy. Wall Street deregulation.
Add those problems to the FACT the GOP is 90% white.
Then there are all the older people who live by Fox and don't even know that Republicans want to cut their Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid. Republicans have done of fantastic job of keeping their base ignorant. It's just that won't last.

Really? I'm mad because they made the mess worse.

I keep hearing that around here. Any proof of that whatsoever? Anything? Anyone? Bueller? Please, show any statistic that we're worse off than the fucking free-fall we were in back in early 08. Everything I've seen suggests it's only getting better.

And you can't use unemployment. It's a lagging indicator. Not to mention, if you use job losses as the measurement rather than aggregate, that too has improved *Significantly*.

Unemployment is fair game since the regime put it in play as a key reason for spending nearly a trillion dollars we didn't have in order to keep unemployment at or below 8%. They put unemployment on the front burner so now they've got to live with their idiocy. And, in part because of it, they're gonna pay dearly in a few short weeks. Now there's change we can believe in!

Maybe rdean can explain this....

the Democrats take the younger votes nearly every election. Why is it they do not keep those young people as they grow older, get a job, get married, start a family???????

Link?

You deny that the younger voters vote Democrat? or that many of them change their voting habits as they get older?

It's all common sense.......

I think the clinical name for that is called senility.

Really? I'm mad because they made the mess worse.

I keep hearing that around here. Any proof of that whatsoever? Anything? Anyone? Bueller? Please, show any statistic that we're worse off than the fucking free-fall we were in back in early 08. Everything I've seen suggests it's only getting better.

And you can't use unemployment. It's a lagging indicator. Not to mention, if you use job losses as the measurement rather than aggregate, that too has improved *Significantly*.

Unemployment is fair game since the regime put it in play as a key reason for spending nearly a trillion dollars we didn't have in order to keep unemployment at or below 8%. They put unemployment on the front burner so now they've got to live with their idiocy. And, in part because of it, they're gonna pay dearly in a few short weeks. Now there's change we can believe in!

Oh I don't disagree that voters are agitated at, and will punish, Democrats for this situation which is not their fault. That's evident from the polls. BTW, they never REALLY guaranteed that UE would never rise above 8-
PolitiFact | Will: Obama said stimulus would cap unemployment at 8 percent
And virtually everyone agrees that the stimulus helped the situation.

And again, if you go by the UE TRENDS rather than the aggregate number, it's clear that the situation improved significantly and immediately when the Dems took office. You can say it had nothing to do with the Dems taking office, but you can't say it ain't so...
(I must have posted this 60 times already)
nov-2009-job-losses-graph.png

So yes, although the unemployment rate didn't start to decline until 2010, you can see the TRENDING began to improve IMMEDIATELY. Nobody can take an economy shedding 700,000 jobs a month and turn it into positive numbers in a couple of months. It don't work that way.

Oh I don't disagree that voters are agitated at, and will punish, Democrats for this situation which is not their fault. That's evident from the polls. BTW, they never REALLY guaranteed that UE would never rise above 8-

And again, if you go by the UE TRENDS rather than the aggregate number, it's clear that the situation improved significantly and immediately when the Dems took office. You can say it had nothing to do with the Dems taking office, but you can't say it ain't so...

So yes, although the unemployment rate didn't start to decline until 2010, you can see the TRENDING began to improve IMMEDIATELY. Nobody can take an economy shedding 700,000 jobs a month and turn it into positive numbers in a couple of months. It don't work that way.

Regardless of spin the stimulus failed by the very metrics the whitehouse put out.

Joe Biden was placed in charge of stimulus fraud. It exploded. Take credit when due.

i think you are reading that wrong
that is job losses not unemployment
jobs are still being lost, just not at the rate they were before
and thats logical as the workforce is about as small as it can get
also, you ignore that the dems took over congress in jan 07
and Obama was a member of that congress

i think you are reading that wrong
that is job losses not unemployment
jobs are still being lost, just not at the rate they were before
and thats logical as the workforce is about as small as it can get
also, you ignore that the dems took over congress in jan 07
and Obama was a member of that congress

No, I explained virtually everything you just said in the very post you replied to. I even said "You can say it had nothing to do with the Dems taking office."

As for the ol' "Dems took over congress" argument, well, until you can explain to me how that could have possibly had anything to do with it... It's a bunch of hot air.

I'll take any explanation. Doesn't even have to be a good one.

The "link" is common sense from someone without common sense. Funny.

Area Man Passionate Defender Of What He Imagines Constitution To Be

Area Man Passionate Defender Of What He Imagines Constitution To Be | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

I love this satire.

So no real comment from rdean. Didn't think so.

Read the link. Believe me, it's a "real" comment. You may even recognize someone you "know".

No rdean, The Onion is not real.

The "link" is common sense from someone without common sense. Funny.

Area Man Passionate Defender Of What He Imagines Constitution To Be

Area Man Passionate Defender Of What He Imagines Constitution To Be | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

I love this satire.

So no real comment from rdean. Didn't think so.

Read the link. Believe me, it's a "real" comment. You may even recognize someone you "know".
you are pathetically STUPID

No rdean, the world is not as you want it to be. But keep dreaming.

I'm shocked that a right winger would say that. Their view of reality and reality are commonly known as "divergent" views.

When people are wrong about everything, the two wars, 2.4 trillion dollar tax cuts to improve the economy, mystical creation, sending jobs to China, and so on, you would think, that as some point, they would "reassess" their views on what they consider to be "reality".

In other words, if you are wrong about a and b and c and d and so on, then statistically, you are closer and closer to being wrong about "everything".

That makes you, just plain "wrong".

No rdean, the world is not as you want it to be. But keep dreaming.

I'm shocked that a right winger would say that. Their view of reality and reality are commonly known as "divergent" views.

When people are wrong about everything, the two wars, 2.4 trillion dollar tax cuts to improve the economy, mystical creation, sending jobs to China, and so on, you would think, that as some point, they would "reassess" their views on what they consider to be "reality".

In other words, if you are wrong about a and b and c and d and so on, then statistically, you are closer and closer to being wrong about "everything".

That makes you, just plain "wrong".

How many democrats voted for war in Afghanistan and in Iraq?
Personally I thought we should have taken out Saddam in 91 when we were about 200 miles from Baghdad. And when we finally did take him out I thought we should have packed up and left.
So we can disagree on what is reality, But you paint everyone to your right with the same brush. And that is a racist brush on top of being the wrong brush.

Forum List

Back