The Big Republican Lie on Tax Cuts

Flaylo

Handsome Devil
Feb 10, 2010
In some grass near you
Cenk Uygur: The Big Republican Lie on Tax Cuts

"When you look to see what that right level is in our history, what you find is very interesting. In our glory years between 1945-1965 (these are the years that the Republicans dream of going back to), the top marginal tax rate fluctuated between 77% and 94%. I was stunned when I first learned that. People's heads would explode if you suggested those levels now. Yet, it worked for us for decades as we built the great American middle class and our manufacturing base.

The second interesting fact is what happens when we have historically low taxes. From 1925 to1931, the highest marginal tax rate was as low as it has almost ever been - between 24-25%. And between 2003-2010, the highest marginal tax rate was also at one of its lowest points - 35%. So, what happened when we had these really low tax rates? The Great Depression and the Great Recession."

Keep on lying dumbasses.

I like it when whining lefties link to the HuffPo, and put big text in and then expect to be taken seriously.

Fucking moron.

You might have missed World War Two that changed the economic climate, but continue, this should be good.

What truth is that you speak of? Twisting an economic climate 80 years ago, and somehow equating it to today?

We have 40 million people on food assistance today. And you have the gall to target Republicans? How friggin lost are you?

I like it when whining lefties link to the HuffPo, and put big text in and then expect to be taken seriously.

Fucking moron.

I like it when Repugs attack me when they're mad at the truth. I especially like when you do it.

Now that you have highlighted the greed of democrats,. Whats your next trick?

The people that made themselves millionares shouldnt be?

Fucking moron.

I like it when Repugs attack me when they're mad at the truth. I especially like when you do it.

Mad? Nope.

Republican? Nope.

Attack? Nope.

Ridicule.... Yep.

You are mad, don't try to hide it, now drink people plenty of water to flush the toxins out of your systems because when you have an angry breakdown you body releases toxins that can make you sick.

"When you look to see what that right level is in our history, what you find is very interesting. In our glory years between 1945-1965 (these are the years that the Republicans dream of going back to), the top marginal tax rate fluctuated between 77% and 94%. I was stunned when I first learned that. People's heads would explode if you suggested those levels now. Yet, it worked for us for decades as we built the great American middle class and our manufacturing base.

The second interesting fact is what happens when we have historically low taxes. From 1925 to1931, the highest marginal tax rate was as low as it has almost ever been - between 24-25%. And between 2003-2010, the highest marginal tax rate was also at one of its lowest points - 35%. So, what happened when we had these really low tax rates? The Great Depression and the Great Recession."

Keep on lying dumbasses.

Democrats need to run on a 90% income tax platform or maybe a 100% tax like Obama's father's wanted.

Will they grow a sac and run on their Inner Marxist or will they lie like Andy Cuomo in NY and run on spending cuts and no new taxes?

Keep on lying dumbasses.

Democrats need to run on a 90% income tax platform or maybe a 100% tax like Obama's father's wanted.

Will they grow a sac and run on their Inner Marxist or will they lie like Andy Cuomo in NY and run on spending cuts and no new taxes?

Nice way to ignore that lower taxes brought recession and depression, its very easy ignore truth like that when you your head is up your ass.

Mad? Nope.

Republican? Nope.

Attack? Nope.

Ridicule.... Yep.

You are mad, don't try to hide it, now drink people plenty of water to flush the toxins out of your systems because when you have an angry breakdown you body releases toxins that can make you sick.

Silly boy.

I always own you little girl, you're not woman enough to deal with me, I give the other broads on here credit except you.

Keep on lying dumbasses.

Nice way to ignore that lower taxes brought recession and depression, its very easy ignore truth like that when you your head is up your ass.

You made a claim with zero correlating data. Tell us of your economic prowess. The business you run. The multi millions you made etc.

You made a claim with zero correlating data. Tell us of your economic prowess. The business you run. The multi millions you made etc.

Your homosexuality doesn't concern me so why bring it up?

Keep on lying dumbasses.

I know you're stupid but why so dishonest?

If a 90% tax rate leads to prosperity why aren't Democrats running on that?

Its more than the tax rates..

Its the overall deregulation of finance and industry that encourages rampant speculation

Keep on lying dumbasses.

Nice way to ignore the fact that increased taxation of those who would invest does not help an economy... and quite obvious that you are ignorant enough to not understand the difference between coincidence and causation.. tax increases were not the cause of any boom in 93 and government is not the sole reason for private market up or down turns

Forum List

Back