Political Correctness: The pushback continues

And right on cue, I see my little stalker friend just had to jump in.

He loves me.

Whatever he said, I suspect it was less than positive.

Sometimes this is just too easy. The Regressive Left self-identifies for me daily.

You're a troll.
And another one, right on cue.

You've never posted a single example of me engaging in this PC you rant about.

You have repeatedly accused me of being 'politically correct' because I've defended innocent Muslims -

a position that I finally got you to admit you agreed with. You're a troll.
Wow, you're very angry.

Good, that's what I anticipated, and you haven't let me down.

The ignore feature works great, use it. Otherwise I'll continue to point out how you folks are deflecting.

See what I mean? The poster whose intent is only to enflame, and then claims victory when he thinks he's induced anger,

is by definition a troll.

You run like a rabbit every time anyone seriously challenges your claims, thus proving you have no interest in debate.

Grow up.

He loves me.

Sometimes this is just too easy. The Regressive Left self-identifies for me daily.

You're a troll.

You have repeatedly accused me of being 'politically correct' because I've defended innocent Muslims -

Wow, you're very angry.

The ignore feature works great, use it. Otherwise I'll continue to point out how you folks are deflecting.

See what I mean? The poster whose intent is only to enflame, and then claims victory when he thinks he's induced anger,

You run like a rabbit every time anyone seriously challenges your claims, thus proving you have no interest in debate.

Grow up.

He loves me.

See? The funny part here is that Mac is the most PC person on this board. He doesn't want to debate anyone.

Anyone who disagrees with him just gets the 'stalker' treatment or some such ridicule.
You're a hardcore left wing partisan ideologue, and here you are.

So I guess that kinda shoots down your post.

Anything else?

What I am is what I believe.

You've been a hardcore opponent of the Iraq war since before it began, correct? As have I.

Does that make you a hardcore leftwing partisan ideologue?
It makes me an independent, unlike you.

Oh, by the way.

An independent can be as ideologically partisan in the extreme as anyone else.

You're a troll.

Wow, you're very angry.

Grow up.

Thanks, PoliticalChic.

You're a troll.

Wow, you're very angry.

Grow up.

What in that cut and paste salad do you want to debate me about? Where in there is any position of mine?

Wow, you're very angry.

Grow up.

Thanks, PoliticalChic.
Holy crap, you're really humping my leg here.

Here, let me try to give you some reading material to get your mind off 'ol Mac:

Well, gotta get ready to go into the office.

I'm sure that, by the time I check back in, I'll have some honest, straightforward responses to the links and quotes I have posted.

Always hopeful!

Sorry to do this to you:

It really is nice (and very hopeful sign) to see that more and more honest liberals (by far the majority) are admitting that PC has jumped the shark. They are willing to say that PC is far more than just an annoyance, it is a negative. Just in the last few days:

....From an article on an interview with President Obama:
President Obama praised student activists, but also said he disagrees with what Stephanopoulos described as “militant political correctness” on campus, whereby some activists seek to shut down opposing viewpoints. “Being a good citizen, being an activist, involves hearing the other side and making sure that you are engaging in a dialogue because that’s also how change happens,” said President Obama.

... From Daily Beast writer Keli Goff: How Diversity Police Halt Progress - I know there are rooms of opportunity and power—including some writers rooms—that people like me are increasingly excluded from simply because the people in them are petrified of saying the wrong thing in front of me or another person of color or another woman and ending up vilified in social media or on a blog or in a protest. So instead they surround themselves with fellow white guys. I know this in part because in the last two weeks I have had at least two white people I know say that family members or friends have made comments to that effect, i.e. “I really like my black co-worker but I’m nervous about dinner because what if things turn to politics and I say the wrong thing.

A groundbreaking study published in the American Psychologist last year found that blatant racism is no longer the biggest obstacle facing minorities seeking workplace advancement today. Instead it has been replaced by what you might call accidental discrimination. According to the study, “in present-day America, discrimination results more from helping ingroup members than from harming outgroup members.”

... From Daily Beast writer Robby Soave: College Students Say Remembering 9/11 Is Offensive to Muslims - Of course, it’s not just Muslim students’ whose feelings are zealously guarded by the new regime of campus censors. Students at university after university are demanding the right to turn campus spaces—even public spaces—into “safe” spaces: zones of total emotional and intellectual coddling. What’s more, these students assert that administrators are required to enforce these safe spaces, even at the expense of free speech.

Can we take a moment to reflect on how petty, infantilizing, and ultimately self-defeating college students’ goals have become?

The political correctness is that no one can say no to ANOTHER 911 memorial .

This is really a case of right wing PC.

It really is nice (and very hopeful sign) to see that more and more honest liberals (by far the majority) are admitting that PC has jumped the shark. They are willing to say that PC is far more than just an annoyance, it is a negative. Just in the last few days:

....From an article on an interview with President Obama:
President Obama praised student activists, but also said he disagrees with what Stephanopoulos described as “militant political correctness” on campus, whereby some activists seek to shut down opposing viewpoints. “Being a good citizen, being an activist, involves hearing the other side and making sure that you are engaging in a dialogue because that’s also how change happens,” said President Obama.

... From Daily Beast writer Keli Goff: How Diversity Police Halt Progress - I know there are rooms of opportunity and power—including some writers rooms—that people like me are increasingly excluded from simply because the people in them are petrified of saying the wrong thing in front of me or another person of color or another woman and ending up vilified in social media or on a blog or in a protest. So instead they surround themselves with fellow white guys. I know this in part because in the last two weeks I have had at least two white people I know say that family members or friends have made comments to that effect, i.e. “I really like my black co-worker but I’m nervous about dinner because what if things turn to politics and I say the wrong thing.

A groundbreaking study published in the American Psychologist last year found that blatant racism is no longer the biggest obstacle facing minorities seeking workplace advancement today. Instead it has been replaced by what you might call accidental discrimination. According to the study, “in present-day America, discrimination results more from helping ingroup members than from harming outgroup members.”

... From Daily Beast writer Robby Soave: College Students Say Remembering 9/11 Is Offensive to Muslims - Of course, it’s not just Muslim students’ whose feelings are zealously guarded by the new regime of campus censors. Students at university after university are demanding the right to turn campus spaces—even public spaces—into “safe” spaces: zones of total emotional and intellectual coddling. What’s more, these students assert that administrators are required to enforce these safe spaces, even at the expense of free speech.

Can we take a moment to reflect on how petty, infantilizing, and ultimately self-defeating college students’ goals have become?

The political correctness is that no one can say no to ANOTHER 911 memorial .

This is really a case of right wing PC.
Deflection noted, thanks.

These people are hateful and angry and authoritarian. They're not traditional liberals.

angry and hateful is going out of your way to deliberately offend people.

aww it's been so difficult for the next generation to learn not to use old derogatory terms like "cotton picking" such and such.

such a sad day in America for insensitive assholes, to be sure.. ^

like some frustrated authoritarian, you think you'll show them dammit!!

you'll teach those **** ******* a goddam lesson about freedumb!!

hell yeah, little boy, only you are the boss of YOU!!

The cliché term political correctness or "PC" is a snarl word usually referring to upholding a social taboo against language and attitudes that might be considered offensive and/or stupid.[1]

This loaded term has become a boogey-man for the right-wing, who use it to tar anything that runs contrary to their own policies, such as letting women out of the kitchen or gays out of the closet.

Ruth Perry wrote in an essay entitled A Short History of the Term "Politically Correct"[2] that the term was first coined by Mao Zedong,[3] but was later hijacked by conservative eclectics who proceeded to overuse it in exactly the manner above described, hence taking all the juice out of it.[4] (Defending oneself with it might be the most popular handwave to dismiss social criticism.) More recently, advocates of political correctness have therefore substituted the term "civilized speech" for "politically correct" in order to boost its image in light of the PC backlash.

In full irony, conservatives have also adopted political correctness widely; trying to justify censorship on the grounds that something is "offensive to Christians," for example, or Conservapedia's insistence on BC/AD to the total exclusion of BCE/CE.

In fact, it's probably helpful to remember that in common parlance anything a conservative would consider to be polite speech isn't PC, whereas anything a liberal would consider to be polite speech is. This is why banning the "f-word" from broadcast is neutral and not PC at all, whereas banning a racial epithet from broadcast is.[5]

As above, passive-aggressive people who defend racism or reactionary views and but don't want to be labeled that way attack dissenters as "politically correct."[6]

Political correctness - RationalWiki

Understandable that the PC Police/Regressive Left would get a little cranky about this, of course.

This strategy has been fabulously successful for them for decades, but cracks are appearing.

They're going to be very, very defensive as this develops.

Hey, guy, the only people who still pay attention to you on this issue you have on ignore because we are mocking you.

Political Correctness = Not putting up with your shit anymore.

Deal with it.

Actually, political correctness = moral turpitude.

Political correctness is Fascism on training wheels
They really have jumped the shark, and this reaction is nice to see.
Here is some shark jumping Courtesy of the GOP
208881_396284967102465_1666300803_n.jpg

There have been more and worse by liberals what they would have loved to do to GWB.

duck dude (for example) is FREE to be and say whatever he wants.. on his OWN time.

his contract with some media network is a marketing relationship and NOT at all 'political'.

passive-aggressive people who defend racism or reactionary views and but don't want to be labeled that way attack dissenters as "politically correct."[6]

Political correctness - RationalWiki

Anti-women pro-lifers, homophobia, racism, islamophobia, environmental phobia, ---- is there anything a Christian can say that is not deemed evil and causing the mental and breakdown of society? A society that is so full of itself it makes one physically ill thinking about it.

I'd be more impressed with "Christians" if the spent less time trying to impose their superstitions on the rest of us and actually do the things Jesus talked about.

You know, take care of the poor, treat people the way you'd want to be treated, etc.

Jesus didn't talk about gays or abortion once in the Gospels. It just wasn't that important to him.

He spent a lot of time condemning the rich and greed.

I might have mentioned this before, but it is worth repeating: From 1993 until 2004 I spent two weeks of my vacation time every year, working with Habitat for Humanity, Appalachia Service project and various other charitable organizations
with my fellow Christians.

Thru all those years I met one Democrat. I met not a single atheist.

Go figure.

Understandable that the PC Police/Regressive Left would get a little cranky about this, of course.

This strategy has been fabulously successful for them for decades, but cracks are appearing.

They're going to be very, very defensive as this develops.

Hey, guy, the only people who still pay attention to you on this issue you have on ignore because we are mocking you.

Political Correctness = Not putting up with your shit anymore.

Deal with it.

Actually, political correctness = moral turpitude.
It certainly excuses it, for certain people.

And in the long run, it hurts those people.

Forum List

Back