Police will not enforce Trump's deportation plans

This is hilarious!

Where are all the dour defenders of the 10th Amendment now?
The feds are not asking the states to deport the illegal aliens they all they want is the state to turn illegal aliens over to the proper federal agency for deportation

So?

They broke our sovereign immigration laws.
I'm not arguing that point. The fact is that the immigration law is no more a criminal act than MJ possession, which most people have come to agree has become silly and unenforceable.

Not that I believe that the criminal element amongst the illegals shouldn't be deported immediately, they should be, just that we have quite the philosophical contradiction here.

Trump will not remove funding: he cannot.

I'm sure there is a way the feds withhold funding for things all the time so as to force state governments to do their bidding

Try getting any federal highway money if your state drinking age is 18 not 21

Or maybe the federal government will refuse to allow the FBI to operate in states that refuse to enforce federal laws

Or maybe the federal government will instead of deporting criminals just bus them all to sanctuary cities then refuse to help clean up the mess

Believe me there is a way to force these assholes to follow federal law
Let states or cities try to ignore federal abortion law and all of a sudden there's a hundred different ways to punish them.

So?

I'm not arguing that point. The fact is that the immigration law is no more a criminal act than MJ possession, which most people have come to agree has become silly and unenforceable.

Not that I don't believe that the criminal element amongst the illegals should be deported immediately, I do, just that we have quite the philosophical contradiction here.
all illegal aliens are a criminal element because they all are breaking at least one if not multiple laws

So?

Not that I believe that the criminal element amongst the illegals shouldn't be deported immediately, they should be, just that we have quite the philosophical contradiction here.
We have immigration policy and immigration law. It is quite legal to immigrate to the US.

There's already a law on the books. Just enforce it and bring charges against all officers and officials who are aiding and abetting. If you can catch them conspiring, then throw in the RICO statues.

It may be contrary to the narcissistic egos there but those cites are not the center of universe. If they are willing to throw away federal funding to be anti-American more power to them. They are their own worse enemies.
Is it just me or does Chicago actually cherish it's chaos and body count?

I read in THE TIMES of last Wednesday that the mayors of Los Angeles, Chicago, New York City, and Philadelphia say they will reuse to co-operate with Donald Trump's plan to deport at least two million immigrants. Charlie Beck, the Los Angeles police chief, said that his officers would stand by their decision of refusing to enforce some federal immigration policies, as they are obliged to do by some Californian laws and regulations. Chief Beck said that the LAPD was "not going to engage in law enforcement activities solely based on somebody's immigration status. We are not going to work with Homeland Security on deportation efforts. That is not our job, nor will I make it our job."
LAPD Chief Beck on deportation: 'That is not our job'
Chief%20Beck_zpshlbfx7hf.jpg

Charlie Beck -- a good cop

A law is only as effective as how it is policed. Trump has met his match if he wants to take-on American cops.

He's not taking on the cops he's taking on the state and city governments that tell the cops what to do

I think Trump should withhold all federal funding from states that refuse to enforce federal law we'll see how long they'll take to toe the line
California is big enough and rich enough not to worry about Washington DC politics.

It may be contrary to the narcissistic egos there but those cites are not the center of universe. If they are willing to throw away federal funding to be anti-American more power to them. They are their own worse enemies.
You need to distinguish between being anti-American and anti-Washington politicians.

I read in THE TIMES of last Wednesday that the mayors of Los Angeles, Chicago, New York City, and Philadelphia say they will reuse to co-operate with Donald Trump's plan to deport at least two million immigrants. Charlie Beck, the Los Angeles police chief, said that his officers would stand by their decision of refusing to enforce some federal immigration policies, as they are obliged to do by some Californian laws and regulations. Chief Beck said that the LAPD was "not going to engage in law enforcement activities solely based on somebody's immigration status. We are not going to work with Homeland Security on deportation efforts. That is not our job, nor will I make it our job."

A law is only as effective as how it is policed. Trump has met his match if he wants to take-on American cops.

He's not taking on the cops he's taking on the state and city governments that tell the cops what to do

I think Trump should withhold all federal funding from states that refuse to enforce federal law we'll see how long they'll take to toe the line
California is big enough and rich enough not to worry about Washington DC politics.
cut off the federal money and we'll see

Delay your trip to Los Angeles.

what trip to LA?

what trip to LA?
Doesn't everyone at some time take a trip to LA?

You need to distinguish between being anti-American and anti-Washington politicians.

Nope. anti-American is exactly what I intended to say.

Playing devils advocate.

I wonder how some of your would feel if state and local cops refused to join in on the NSA spying on innocent private citizens.

Also, FTR, I'm all in for the states ignoring the DEA in enforcing federal marijuana laws.

This shit cuts both ways.
You think this about cops????? How shallow of you.

what trip to LA?
Doesn't everyone at some time take a trip to LA?

Nope.

I have no desire to see that shit hole.

If I were going to go to CA I would go to Yosemite, Redwood Forests and visit some of the beautiful coastline and give LALA Land a wide berth

Nope. anti-American is exactly what I intended to say.
Say that to any cop's face.

Forum List

Back