Police State: New Jersey Bans Smiling In Driver's License Photos...

This is an atrocity. We need more smiles in DL pictures to stimulate the economy and lower unemployment, not to mention eliminate the deficit and pay down the public debt.

Yes, in the grand scheme of things this is trivial, but it's the multiplication of all these little things here and there that start to add up to a big deal when you realize how many freedoms have been taken away from you over the long term. You can't smile on your driver's license anymore, your kid can't ride their bike without a helmet anymore, you can't drive your car without wearing your seat belt anymore, you can't ride in the back of a pick up truck anymore, can't smoke in a restaurant anymore, etc. etc. All of these things are fairly trivial by themselves, but they are all things we could do when I was a kid and now in many places can't. See what I mean?

Well said. Thanks.

Saw "Police State" title.

Where exactly did the "Police" come into this? They dont work for or run the DMV. They didn't invent the software or purchase it. And they sure as hell dont enforce the no-smiling rule.

Hmmm. Oh well, just blame cops for everything.

Hey!!! POLICE STATE NFL!!! The Packers are losing to the Seahawks...obviously the Seattle Highway Patrol delayed Green Bay's trip to the stadium and prevented them from gameplanning because they want all that NFL revenue to go to a liberal haven like Seattle rather than a blue collar and beer town like Green Bay.

The Police are the enforcers of the NWO Global Elite agenda. Their Gestapo.

Quit your damn complaining! Driving is a privilege, not a right. Well, that's what Big Brother says anyway. I'm shocked so many good People accept such degradations. What happened to Americans? When did they become such blindly loyal Goose Steppers?

Driving has always been a privilege hence the licensing requirements.
Bullsht...Licensing is just another revenue raising shakedown.

A 'Privilege' to drive on roads we the Taxpayers bought and paid for. Seriously, how did Big Brother so easily dupe the masses on that scam? Forced to grovel and thank Government for allowing us to drive on our own roads? Unbelievable.

Wow, the Goose Steppers here are gonna love this one. Oh Big Brother, what will he think of next?

Getting a driver’s license in the Garden State? Don’t turn that frown upside down.

It turns out motorists in New Jersey are not allowed to smile in their driver’s license photos because doing so could interfere with new facial recognition software.

The policy actually took effect in January but has gone largely unnoticed — that is, until Velvet McNeill of Sicklerville, N.J. brought it to light.

McNeill, 38, told the Philadelphia Daily News she went to have her driver‘s license photo taken last week when a manager at the Motor Vehicle Commission office informed her she wasn’t allowed to smile. McNeill was so incensed that she left, saying the staff couldn’t adequately explain the ban on grins.

“Why should we all look like androids, looking mopey? I know there are some people who don‘t have good driver’s licenses, but I actually keep all mine,” McNeil said.

According to the Daily News, the new software bars applicants from making any kind of exaggerated facial expression that could throw off the computer. The goal is to stop fraud by flagging photos of people who are already in the system under another name.

“That could be someone trying to steal someone else’s identity to get insurance benefits, or someone trying to get out of a DUI by getting a license under another name,” Mike Horan, spokesman for the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission, told the newspaper. “This helps us weed out fraud.”

While slight smiles are fine, “Hey-I-won-the-lottery-type smiles” are not, Horan said. “To get an accurate photo, you don’t want an excessively expressive face in the photo.”

But that’s not the end of the story: According to the Daily News, Pennsylvania and Delaware each use the software too.

“Smile/no-smile is not a problem,” Pennsylvania Department of Transportation spokeswoman Jan McKnight said. “You can smile in Pennsylvania.”

New Jersey Bans Smiling in Driver’s License Photos | TheBlaze.com

I think they started this in some states a while back already, an old co workers of mine in Virginia back in 2009 said she was not allowed to smile for the pic when she renewed her license.

You're never fully dressed without a smile! :D

The police would never recognize me without the smile, so what good is that...? :lol:

Wow, the Goose Steppers here are gonna love this one. Oh Big Brother, what will he think of next?

Getting a driver’s license in the Garden State? Don’t turn that frown upside down.

It turns out motorists in New Jersey are not allowed to smile in their driver’s license photos because doing so could interfere with new facial recognition software.

The policy actually took effect in January but has gone largely unnoticed — that is, until Velvet McNeill of Sicklerville, N.J. brought it to light.

McNeill, 38, told the Philadelphia Daily News she went to have her driver‘s license photo taken last week when a manager at the Motor Vehicle Commission office informed her she wasn’t allowed to smile. McNeill was so incensed that she left, saying the staff couldn’t adequately explain the ban on grins.

“Why should we all look like androids, looking mopey? I know there are some people who don‘t have good driver’s licenses, but I actually keep all mine,” McNeil said.

According to the Daily News, the new software bars applicants from making any kind of exaggerated facial expression that could throw off the computer. The goal is to stop fraud by flagging photos of people who are already in the system under another name.

“That could be someone trying to steal someone else’s identity to get insurance benefits, or someone trying to get out of a DUI by getting a license under another name,” Mike Horan, spokesman for the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission, told the newspaper. “This helps us weed out fraud.”

While slight smiles are fine, “Hey-I-won-the-lottery-type smiles” are not, Horan said. “To get an accurate photo, you don’t want an excessively expressive face in the photo.”

But that’s not the end of the story: According to the Daily News, Pennsylvania and Delaware each use the software too.

“Smile/no-smile is not a problem,” Pennsylvania Department of Transportation spokeswoman Jan McKnight said. “You can smile in Pennsylvania.”

I think they started this in some states a while back already, an old co workers of mine in Virginia back in 2009 said she was not allowed to smile for the pic when she renewed her license.

Smiling will not be tolerated in the NWO. What a country we're becoming huh?

People do you understand the purpose?

It's so that facial recognition software can be utilized more effectively.

Why are you against that if it can identify and help capture criminals?

Are you people that damn vain?

It was like that in Iran right after the revolution, smiling and laughing was not tolerated the Basjis would confront you and ask what the fuck is so funny.

It was like that in Iran right after the revolution, smiling and laughing was not tolerated the Basjis would confront you and ask what the fuck is so funny.

Great comparison. :cuckoo:

What you don't understand is that the "criminal" is you.

Getting a picture taken at the DMV makes a person a criminal?

Please explain and support it with some cold hard facts.

That's why we're in this mess. Too many Americans have made excuses and helped Big Brother justify his encroachments on our Freedom & Liberty. There is no legitimate justification for this. It's not America.

Citizens who are smiling and laughing, are clearly plotting something.

Would it really be so difficult to just keep two pics on file at the RMV, one on the license itself for human facial recognition which should be a natural expression, smile or not...and then another pic in the database, however without the smile for the purposes of the facial recognition security software, if need be... :dunno:

You say this helps to identify and capture criminals so then why are YOU put into the system? Have you broken any Laws? This is Prisoner Training. This is how Law Enforcement and the Judicial System treat people when they book them for breaking laws.

It's already proven that the Justice Department ran Fast and Furious.
It's already proven that the US Gov't gave aid to Al Qaida in the Middle east.

But the American People are the suspect criminals? :confused:

What makes it worse is that idiot rednecks like you see all that and go along with it "Well, if it pro-tex me from Al Qaida then go a head and take away my rights! That's Freedom! God bless Amurica"!

You should replace your Rebel Flag with the White Flag of surrender because that's exactly what you're doing.

That's why we're in this mess. Too many Americans have made excuses and helped Big Brother justify his encroachments on our Freedom & Liberty. There is no legitimate justification for this. It's not America.

It's a DMV picture. Stop being so paranoid. No freedoms are being taken away from your sorry ass by not smiling in a damn picture. If it helps to capture child molesters, rapist. murderers etc.... why would you be against that?

If you so worried about "big brother" then you probably don't have a license to begin with or even a social security card because that can be tracked too along with many other things.

I suggest you drop off the grid entirely and go live in the mountains somewhere, where you'd be much safer from "big brother".

"Yee Haw! Put me in a giant Gov't database so the Gov't can surveil me at all times! That's Freedom!

Yee Haw!

You say this helps to identify and capture criminals so then why are YOU put into the system? Have you broken any Laws? This is Prisoner Training. This is how Law Enforcement and the Judicial System treat people when they book them for breaking laws.

It's already proven that the Justice Department ran Fast and Furious.
It's already proven that the US Gov't gave aid to Al Qaida in the Middle east.

But the American People are the suspect criminals? :confused:

What makes it worse is that idiot rednecks like you see all that and go along with it "Well, if it pro-tex me from Al Qaida then go a head and take away my rights! That's Freedom! God bless Amurica"!

You should replace your Rebel Flag with the White Flag of surrender because that's exactly what you're doing.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

It's a DMV picture. Stop being so paranoid. No freedoms are being taken away from your sorry ass by not smiling in a damn picture. If it helps to capture child molesters, rapist. murderers etc.... why would you be against that?

If you so worried about "big brother" then you probably don't have a license to begin with or even a social security card because that can be tracked too along with many other things.

I suggest you drop off the grid entirely and go live in the mountains somewhere, where you'd be much safer from "big brother".
You've been trained well Lonestar Looney. Anyone who disagrees with the gov't should just "shut up and get in line". :D

Yee Haw! That's Freedom! God Bless Amurica!

Forum List

Back