Police State: FAA Has Authorized 106 Government 'Entities' To Fly Domestic Drones...

They are, and they are wrong. Unlike you, I don't think the fact that they get away with one means they should get away with the other.

I certainly don't think it is right, I just don't see this as some startling new development other than the MIC is now in the business of making the authorities afraid of the People in order to sell Barney Fyfe a bunch of military/urban combat hardware. The legal framework that allows for a security state has long been in place, all they needed was a market.

Never said it was startling, did I? I want to remove that framework and make police to be more like Sheriff Taylor than Rambo.

That's not going to happen, face it, fear based politics have brought things to this point and it does not look as if anyone is going to give up such a useful tool to get the general populace to give up privacy and freedom for the illusion of security. I have already noticed the tendency of certain people to see mass protests as an unAmerican commie problem that deserves an armed forceful response and rapid violent suppression.

I certainly don't think it is right, I just don't see this as some startling new development other than the MIC is now in the business of making the authorities afraid of the People in order to sell Barney Fyfe a bunch of military/urban combat hardware. The legal framework that allows for a security state has long been in place, all they needed was a market.

Never said it was startling, did I? I want to remove that framework and make police more like Sheriff Taylor than Rambo.

That's not going to happen, face it, fear based politics have brought things to this point and it does not look as if anyone is going to give up such a useful tool to get the general populace to give up privacy and freedom for the illusion of security. I have already noticed the tendency of certain people to see mass protests as an unAmerican commie problem that deserves an armed forceful response and rapid violent suppression.

Doesn't mean I won't keep fighting for it.

Last edited:
Do you suppose sherrif joe will use drones to help keep illegals out of the US?

Or they will be used in disasters to survey damage and look for survivors?

Surveying oil spill damage?

Crop damage due to flooding and drought?

by the DEA to fight illegal drug importation and cultivation?

Last edited:
Never said it was startling, did I? I want to remove that framework and make more like Sheriff Taylor than Rambo.

We shall see, it puts you directly at odds with the neo-cons now trying to get elected.

The Fourth Amendment is very nearly completely compromised. The government monitors your internet surfing, your phone records, what library books you have read, and God knows what else. All without a search warrant.

I don't mean they monitor just suspects. They monitor everyone.

Go ahead and mock with your "wolves everywhere" comments, but this is really going on. You should be very afraid. Governments have a bad habit of finding what they are looking for, even when it isn't there. Our Founders experienced this first-hand, which is exactly why they embedded protection against the new government they were creating into our Constitution.

Our Constitution is being compromised by increments. All in the name of "security".

Last edited:
The Fourth Amendment is very nearly completely compromised. The government monitors your internet surfing, your phone records, what library books you have read, and God knows what else. All without a search warrant.

Go ahead and mock with your "wolves everywhere" comments, but this is really going on. You should be very afraid. Governments have a bad habit of finding what they are looking for, even when it isn't there. Our Founders experienced this first-hand, which is exactly why they embedded protection against the government into our Constitution.

Compromise by increments. All in the name of "security".

Facebook has already trained an entire generation to not value privacy as a protection of their freedom, before I abandoned it, the lives of my younger friends were incredibly boring open books where they freely shared their activities and location with god knows who. It disgusted me to no end to realize that I was seeing the end of privacy in America.

Here's the thing about the "war on terror".

All the activity and methods and violations of the Fourth Amendment being done in the name of "security" become precedents.

We are a nation of laws established by precedents. If you allow an activity to go unchallenged, it becomes a precedent. Which means that activity can later be used in other criminal proceedings. This shit will not stop with terrorists. Once the "war on terror" goes away, these tactics will remain and will continue to be used, against all of us.

This is why it is so important to challenge them now. It does not mean those of us who are opposed to these methods love terrorists. It means we love America and our constitutional rights.

Now we see the machines used to prosecute the war on terror coming home to America.

Wake up.

Last edited:

I don't mean they monitor just suspects. They monitor everyone.

Go ahead and mock with your "wolves everywhere" comments, but this is really going on. You should be very afraid. Governments have a bad habit of finding what they are looking for, even when it isn't there. Our Founders experienced this first-hand, which is exactly why they embedded protection against the new government they were creating into our Constitution.

Our Constitution is being compromised by increments. All in the name of "security".

That's all well and good and are valid reasons to be concerned about our privacy but unmanned drones have nothing to do with the intenet, phone records or library books I've checked out. They will do what is already being done now. The eye in the sky has been up there for a while.

That's all well and good and are valid reasons to be concerned about our privacy but unmanned drones have nothing to do with the intenet, phone records or library books I've checked out. They will do what is already being done now. The eye in the sky has been up there for a while.

The precedent has been set!

Now we see an expansion of that power.

Compromise by increments.

What can a drone aircraft with a camera do that a piloted craft with a camera (or a spy satelitte) cannot do?

Do you suppose sherrif joe will use drones to help keep illegals out of the US?

Or they will be used in disasters to survey damage and look for survivors?

Surveying oil spill damage?

Crop damage due to flooding and drought?

by the DEA to fight illegal drug importation and cultivation?

We use helicopters for aerial surveys of disaster areas because they allow us to bring in rescue personnel and drop supplies, drones do not give us that type of flexibility. Police departments rarely survey oil spills, nor do they worry about crop damage. I think we should abolish the DEA, so pointing out that they have a use for drones doesn't help.

We shall see, it puts you directly at odds with the neo-cons now trying to get elected.

I have never voted for a Republican in my life.

Come to think of it, I haven't voted for a Democrat either.

What can a drone aircraft with a camera do that a piloted craft with a camera (or a spy satelitte) cannot do?

Hover outside your window to take pictures and videos.

Cost a lot less, thereby making them more obtainable.

Last edited:

Cost a lot less, thereby making them more attainable.

Drones cost thousands of dollars, surveying tools costs hundreds. Want to try that one again?

Forum List

Back