Police State: FAA Has Authorized 106 Government 'Entities' To Fly Domestic Drones...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by paulitician, Jul 23, 2012.

1. paulitician

paulitician Platinum Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,972
    And the NWO Globalist cretins rejoice. All Hail Big Brother!!

Since Jan. 1 of this year, according to congressional testimony presented Thursday by the Government Accountability Office, the Federal Aviation Administration has authorized 106 federal, state and local government “entities” to fly “unmanned aircraft systems,” also known as drones, within U.S. airspace.

“We are now on the edge of a new horizon: using unmanned aerial systems within the homeland,” House Homeland Security Oversight Subcommittee Chairman Michael McCaul (R.-Texas) said as he introduced the testimony.

“Currently,” said McCaul, “there are about 200 active Certificates of Authorization issued by the Federal Aviation Administration to over 100 different entities, such as law enforcement departments and academic institutions, to fly drones domestically.”

At his panel’s Thursday hearing, McCaul showed a map of the United States with markers indicating the locations where--as of April--government entities had been approved by the FAA to fly drones.

“The number of recipients since that time has increased,” McCaul noted.

GAO testified that the FAA’s long-term goal is to permit drones to operate in U.S. airspace “to the greatest extent possible.”

The proliferation of domestic drones, GAO said, raises a number of issues, the first of which is the right to privacy.

“First is privacy as it relates to the collection and use of surveillance data,” Gerald L. Dillingham, GAO’s director of Physical Infrastructure Issues told the House Homeland Subcommittee on Oversight on Thursday.

“Members of Congress, civil liberties organizations and civilians have expressed concerns...

Read More:
    FAA Has Authorized 106 Government
    DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

2. paulitician

paulitician Platinum Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,972
    This one will likely fly under the radar in Dumbed-Down America. Cause, didn't that guy put a dog on the roof of his car one time? And didn't that other guy eat dogs? That's the important stuff the Sheeple care about. Man, what a mess.

3. BlindBoo

BlindBoo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,389
    Help it's a wolfe. Really man for real this time, it's a wolfe and it going to eat me. Come on I know I cried wolfe a bunch of times before but it's really really a wolfe this time Help me. Help me.

Hahahaha

Next try and scare us with claims that the next logical step is that they are going to put Hellfire missiles on the domestic drones for use on ememies of the State.

Don't forget to call me an O-bot too.

4. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    Keep us safe.

5. VaYank5150

VaYank5150 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,055
    Ummmmmm...so?

6. tjvh

tjvh Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +916
    Keeping us safe at what cost to our Freedoms?

7. VaYank5150

VaYank5150 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,055
    Which freedoms are you losing because of these drones?

8. asaratis

asaratis Uppity Senior Citizen Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,470
    Americans would rather watch Entertainment Tonight or Dancing with the Has Beens than be knowledgeable if what is going on in government...things that actually affect their lives.

We have been successfully dumbed down by the behind-the-scene workings of corrupt politicians from both of the two protected parties.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  9. tjvh

tjvh Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +916
    I would think my fenced in backyard would qualify under this:
    Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

10. ItsjustmeIthink

ItsjustmeIthink Social Capitalist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Well that IS scary. I mean, it's not like the military has been flying in US air space before, this it totally unprecedented!