Police Chief says Officer Wilson will likely not be charged.

. . . But it doesn't confirm that it wasn't self-defense. If someone slammed a car door into you, what would you do?

Self defense isn't the issue here. Either Brown had surrendered and it was murder, or he hadn't and it was justified. PERIOD.

Bullshit. Bullies, whether or not they are sanctioned by the State, DO NOT get to just tell you what to do, and then shoot you dead with deadly force if you do not comply. Officer Wilson WAS NOT under any serious threat of life and limb. That is the simple truth. This teenager was already injured. This is well established.

Son, I seen a 5'3" woman get shot 4 times and run 40 feet and stab a man with a knife.

Put away your histrionics and try to listen to someone for a change, will you. When the body is injured, as when someone is shot, it produces massive amounts of endorphins to try to cope with the injury. This is similar to the body creating adrenaline which allow scared mothers to sometimes do things like lift the front end of a car off a child, or something of that nature.

This condition of course can't last long because the body just can't handle it, but it's basic science that it does happen and at least momentarily a person is almost super human. There have been MANY instances of a person who has been shot getting a hold of and harming the shooter.

Not to mention that isnt as if Wilson shot him once or twice, and then waited around then shot him some more. It was bang bang bang six shots in 5 or 6 seconds. That can happen to a person who isn't accustomed to shooting at human targets. The adrenaline kicks in and boom an entire magazine is emptied. I bet when asked Wilson didn't have any idea how many shots he fired.

I was an MP for 26 years, like it or not my opinion on this topic is more valid than yours. I actually find it sad that you don't think that is so.

Sorry about your fallacious reasoning kiddo.

The fallacy you have just engaged in is called, Argument from authority
Argument from authority - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
Fallacious examples of using the appeal include any appeal to authority used in the context of logical reasoning, and appealing to the position of an authority or authorities to dismiss evidence,[2][3][4][5] as, while authorities can be correct in judgments related to their area of expertise more often than laypersons,[citation needed] they can still come to the wrong judgments through error, bias, dishonesty, or falling prey to groupthink. Thus, the appeal to authority is not a generally reliable argument for establishing facts.[6]
While I agree with you on the adrenaline issue, the fact of the matter is that Brown was IN RETREAT. Likewise, as has been established by the majority of witnesses, he HAD SURRENDERED, he had his hands up. So your hypothesis of an adrenal attack falls on it's face by prima facia reasoning.

If we were to argue from authority, my credentials in logical analysis would far out match yours. But I am not going to post them, because as I am well versed in logic, the presenting evidence, analysis, and all of those other matters, and since this is the internet, that's sort of pointless, isn't it kiddo?
2011-08-12-Man-Rules-50.gif

First of all sonny, I don't care what you found on the internet, only a fucking fool believes that someone who has you know done this for a living isn't more qualified to speak on the subject than someone who has not.

Second of all junior, you once again show that you don't understand the intricacies of the law.

the fact of the matter is that Brown was IN RETREAT.

First of al the forensic evidence PROVES that Brown was moving TOWARDS Wilson when he was shot.

But just for shits and giggles let's say you were right and Wilson fought with Brown, Brown tried to get Wilson's gun, and was shot, then Brown retreated

Wilson is still permitted to shoot him if he feels that's the only way to prevent the felon from escaping. You really don't seem to get that. The law allows a police officer to use deadly force to prevent a suspected felon from fleeing.

So , even under your made up scenario it's a good shoot.
Blah blah blah.

All of this is from Wilson's account. Of course Brown was moving towards Wilson, which direction would he be moving if he were surrendering?

Brown is not a felon. Why are you making stuff up?

Self defense isn't the issue here. Either Brown had surrendered and it was murder, or he hadn't and it was justified. PERIOD.

Bullshit. Bullies, whether or not they are sanctioned by the State, DO NOT get to just tell you what to do, and then shoot you dead with deadly force if you do not comply. Officer Wilson WAS NOT under any serious threat of life and limb. That is the simple truth. This teenager was already injured. This is well established.

Son, I seen a 5'3" woman get shot 4 times and run 40 feet and stab a man with a knife.

Put away your histrionics and try to listen to someone for a change, will you. When the body is injured, as when someone is shot, it produces massive amounts of endorphins to try to cope with the injury. This is similar to the body creating adrenaline which allow scared mothers to sometimes do things like lift the front end of a car off a child, or something of that nature.

This condition of course can't last long because the body just can't handle it, but it's basic science that it does happen and at least momentarily a person is almost super human. There have been MANY instances of a person who has been shot getting a hold of and harming the shooter.

Not to mention that isnt as if Wilson shot him once or twice, and then waited around then shot him some more. It was bang bang bang six shots in 5 or 6 seconds. That can happen to a person who isn't accustomed to shooting at human targets. The adrenaline kicks in and boom an entire magazine is emptied. I bet when asked Wilson didn't have any idea how many shots he fired.

I was an MP for 26 years, like it or not my opinion on this topic is more valid than yours. I actually find it sad that you don't think that is so.

Fallacious examples of using the appeal include any appeal to authority used in the context of logical reasoning, and appealing to the position of an authority or authorities to dismiss evidence,[2][3][4][5] as, while authorities can be correct in judgments related to their area of expertise more often than laypersons,[citation needed] they can still come to the wrong judgments through error, bias, dishonesty, or falling prey to groupthink. Thus, the appeal to authority is not a generally reliable argument for establishing facts.[6]
While I agree with you on the adrenaline issue, the fact of the matter is that Brown was IN RETREAT. Likewise, as has been established by the majority of witnesses, he HAD SURRENDERED, he had his hands up. So your hypothesis of an adrenal attack falls on it's face by prima facia reasoning.

If we were to argue from authority, my credentials in logical analysis would far out match yours. But I am not going to post them, because as I am well versed in logic, the presenting evidence, analysis, and all of those other matters, and since this is the internet, that's sort of pointless, isn't it kiddo?

First of all sonny, I don't care what you found on the internet, only a fucking fool believes that someone who has you know done this for a living isn't more qualified to speak on the subject than someone who has not.

Second of all junior, you once again show that you don't understand the intricacies of the law.

First of al the forensic evidence PROVES that Brown was moving TOWARDS Wilson when he was shot.

But just for shits and giggles let's say you were right and Wilson fought with Brown, Brown tried to get Wilson's gun, and was shot, then Brown retreated

Wilson is still permitted to shoot him if he feels that's the only way to prevent the felon from escaping. You really don't seem to get that. The law allows a police officer to use deadly force to prevent a suspected felon from fleeing.

Blah blah blah.

All of this is from Wilson's account. Of course Brown was moving towards Wilson, which direction would he be moving if he were surrendering?

Brown is indeed a felon. He's a dead felon.

Show the video of him attacking Wilson. Go ahead. Do it you stupid POS.

Forensics confirm that he attacked WIlson, stupid.
. . . But it doesn't confirm that it wasn't self-defense. If someone slammed a car door into you, what would you do?

According to Johnson's account. He also said the door opened less than and inch, that supposed half inch opening of the cops door supposedly knocked the wind out of Dorian but Big Mike took the brunt of it as well. Please. If that door did all that then it would have knocked the cop off kilter, instead he was somehow able to immediately grab Big Mike with the same hand he used to try and open his door by the front of the throat and choke Mike -all the while Mike was asking Dorian to hold his smokes while being choked out by the cop, If anyone really listened to Dorian's account objectively you can see he is lying and slips up and adds words to cover his mistakes,

Go on someone, open a car door an half inch into 480 to 500 pounds of people and tell me if it enough force to knock the wind out of someone. I'm guessing Wilson is about 180-200 pounds and barely got his door open according to Dorian. One, remember less than an inch- and somehow Wilson fell back into his car by opening his door less than an inch AND AT the same time grabbed Brown by the front of his throat. Dorian is full of it.
Unless that police cruiser was moving at the time. I have had teenagers talk back to me before. IT IS ENRAGING!

If a couple of black teens disrespected this officer, I could see him using poor judgement and using his vehicle to batter them both. To the point of Johnson's testimony? You might be right about that, you might be wrong.

I can't say how it went down. The only point I am making is that, after Brown was shot, he should have just let it go. No one need to have died over this. It was stupid. It isn't like he murdered, robbed a bank, raped, or anything. Brown was already injured. He should have just called in back up till he cooled off.

HE HANDLED THIS UNPROFESSIONALLY. HE NEEDS TO BE CANNED.

If we nods our heads in approval to this type of police behavior, soon we will live in a brutal police state. We you MUST COMPLY with all police order, or they will SHOOT YOU DEAD, on the spot.

Do you want to live in a fascist state? REALLY?

You admit you don't know, but then claim the man used poor judgement and want him fired. You are a fucking retard. Seriously.
You're right I don't know the intricacies of the incident. I don't need to. I know the end result. A kid is dead. An UNARMED kid. Even I could have avoided that, and I am an untrained civilian.

Are you saying YOU couldn't have prevented that? I'll bet you could have.

After I had winged the guy, while we were both alive, I would have called for back up and retreated from the scene.

Simple as pie.

How many black teenagers do you think would be coming into the medical facilities that night? There couldn't have been that many. . .

Oh shut up with your stupid judge and jury crap. The guy attacked the cop then fled then attacked again. END OF STORY

According to Johnson's account. He also said the door opened less than and inch, that supposed half inch opening of the cops door supposedly knocked the wind out of Dorian but Big Mike took the brunt of it as well. Please. If that door did all that then it would have knocked the cop off kilter, instead he was somehow able to immediately grab Big Mike with the same hand he used to try and open his door by the front of the throat and choke Mike -all the while Mike was asking Dorian to hold his smokes while being choked out by the cop, If anyone really listened to Dorian's account objectively you can see he is lying and slips up and adds words to cover his mistakes,

Go on someone, open a car door an half inch into 480 to 500 pounds of people and tell me if it enough force to knock the wind out of someone. I'm guessing Wilson is about 180-200 pounds and barely got his door open according to Dorian. One, remember less than an inch- and somehow Wilson fell back into his car by opening his door less than an inch AND AT the same time grabbed Brown by the front of his throat. Dorian is full of it.
Unless that police cruiser was moving at the time. I have had teenagers talk back to me before. IT IS ENRAGING!

If a couple of black teens disrespected this officer, I could see him using poor judgement and using his vehicle to batter them both. To the point of Johnson's testimony? You might be right about that, you might be wrong.

I can't say how it went down. The only point I am making is that, after Brown was shot, he should have just let it go. No one need to have died over this. It was stupid. It isn't like he murdered, robbed a bank, raped, or anything. Brown was already injured. He should have just called in back up till he cooled off.

If we nods our heads in approval to this type of police behavior, soon we will live in a brutal police state. We you MUST COMPLY with all police order, or they will SHOOT YOU DEAD, on the spot.

You have a part of the story. Even Dorian says the cop sat in his car for 2-3 minutes and he, THE COP was or seemed to beshocked that Brown had been shot. THAT does not sound like someone angry at being spoken back to, it sounds like someone who just took a beating and a hell of a lot more which has been unsaid.

Cop stayed in car 2-3 minutes 8:00 mins in. Officer walking, never running.

Door open less than an inch: start 3 mins in.

Oh shut up with your stupid judge and jury crap. The guy attacked the cop then fled then attacked again. END OF STORY

Wilson already knew about the strong arm store robbery. He was attacked by Brown as well. Wilson, rightfully concluded that Brown was now a danger to society and had to be stopped.

Mark

Blah blah blah.

Nope, I looked it up. He has no priors and no record. He has no convictions. You are wrong.

Juvenile court lawyer says Michael Brown had no serious delinquency convictions
Juvenile court lawyer says Michael Brown had no serious delinquency convictions Fox News
CLAYTON, Mo. – The 18-year-old fatally shot by a suburban St. Louis police officer didn't face any juvenile charges at the time of his death and never was convicted of a serious felony such as murder, robbery or burglary, a juvenile court system lawyer said Wednesday.

Those details emerged at a hearing in which two media organizations sought the release of any possible juvenile records for Michael Brown. An attorney for the Brown family called the effort to get the records "shameful" and motivated by "character assassination."

Cynthia Harcourt, the St. Louis County juvenile office's attorney, offered the most specific public details on whether Brown faced legal trouble before his 18th birthday -- a subject of intense speculation in a case that has garnered global attention. The 45-minute hearing before a St. Louis County family court judge didn't reveal whether Brown had ever been charged with lesser offenses as a juvenile, or charged with a more serious crime that resulted in a finding of delinquency -- the juvenile court equivalent of a conviction.

Blah blah blah.

Don't know if he was a felon.

But his friend, Johnson And major witness was wanted by the cops on a warrant for theft and they had just strong armed robbed a store clerk. Of course they were not on edge and cool as cucumbers a cop approaches them. /sarcasm

You admit you don't know, but then claim the man used poor judgement and want him fired. You are a fucking retard. Seriously.
You're right I don't know the intricacies of the incident. I don't need to. I know the end result. A kid is dead. An UNARMED kid. Even I could have avoided that, and I am an untrained civilian.

After I had winged the guy, while we were both alive, I would have called for back up and retreated from the scene.

Simple as pie.

How many black teenagers do you think would be coming into the medical facilities that night? There couldn't have been that many. . .

Could I have avoided shooting him? Yes, but I'm a highly skilled retired MP, I have skills that this police officer does not posses, and that we don't ask our police to posses. That's why they are issued guns.

And again, you presume that the police are under any obligation to let a criminal go if they can't affect an arrest. That is NOT the case.

What if Wilson had said "fuck it, I'll just go wait for him at the emergency room" as you suggested and the kid killed someone else, then you would be pissed that Wilson didn't stop him before he could do so.

Read slowly

The law allows Wilson to do EXACTLY what he did, so how is doing what the law allows him to do poor judgement?

Blah blah blah.

Nope, I looked it up. He has no priors and no record. He has no convictions. You are wrong.

Juvenile court lawyer says Michael Brown had no serious delinquency convictions
Juvenile court lawyer says Michael Brown had no serious delinquency convictions Fox News
CLAYTON, Mo. – The 18-year-old fatally shot by a suburban St. Louis police officer didn't face any juvenile charges at the time of his death and never was convicted of a serious felony such as murder, robbery or burglary, a juvenile court system lawyer said Wednesday.

Those details emerged at a hearing in which two media organizations sought the release of any possible juvenile records for Michael Brown. An attorney for the Brown family called the effort to get the records "shameful" and motivated by "character assassination."

Cynthia Harcourt, the St. Louis County juvenile office's attorney, offered the most specific public details on whether Brown faced legal trouble before his 18th birthday -- a subject of intense speculation in a case that has garnered global attention. The 45-minute hearing before a St. Louis County family court judge didn't reveal whether Brown had ever been charged with lesser offenses as a juvenile, or charged with a more serious crime that resulted in a finding of delinquency -- the juvenile court equivalent of a conviction.

completely irrelevant

Blah blah blah.

At this point I'm convinced that you actually are an idiot.

YOU said he was retreating. You don't retreat TOWARDS someone, you retreat AWAY from them.

There is ZERO evidence that he was surrendering . NONE.

And indeed I wrote SUSPECTED felon, because if Brown assaulted Wilson, as it appears he did, he's a felon. and if he grabbed his gun,that's another felony. Giving Wilson the right to use deadly force to arrest him.

oh look here, from another thread, provided by Wake

Post-Dispatch New account of Michael Brown shooting says he kept charging FOX2now.com
s
First of all, Wilson HAD called for backup before the altercation when he noticed "the gentle giant" was dressed similarly to a robbery suspect. So MisterBeal's contention that Wilson used poor judgement by not calling for backup is nullified.

Second of all, a witness has confirmed that Brown kept charging Wilson after being shot, not that eyewitnesses alone are worth much, but when they corroborate forensics....

oh, and look here

Official autopsy shows Michael Brown had close-range wound to his hand marijuana in system News

drugs in his system to

oh look here, from another thread, provided by Wake

Post-Dispatch New account of Michael Brown shooting says he kept charging FOX2now.com
s
First of all, Wilson HAD called for backup before the altercation when he noticed "the gentle giant" was dressed similarly to a robbery suspect. So MisterBeal's contention that Wilson used poor judgement by not calling for backup is nullified.

Second of all, a witness has confirmed that Brown kept charging Wilson after being shot, not that eyewitnesses alone are worth much, but when they corroborate forensics....

oh, and look here

Official autopsy shows Michael Brown had close-range wound to his hand marijuana in system News

drugs in his system to

Well the biggest thing in that report is not the pot but the first sentence:

The official autopsy on Michael Brown shows that he was shot in the hand at close range, AND gunpowder particulate material in the wound ( that being the thumb)

So, who is lying here? Shot close range not 35 feet away. Everything in that report supports the officers story.

Obviously the evidence is lying and it was planted.

Jail WIlson for murder NOW.

Simple as pie.

I tend to agree. If a policeman can't handle an unarmed teen with a few bullets in him, he needs to be relieved of duty. Fact Wilson fired wildly in the neighborhood, endangering bystanders, is evidence enough that he had no regard for others there, like many of the bigots posting here.

Simple as pie.

I tend to agree. If a policeman can't handle an unarmed teen with a few bullets in him, he needs to be relieved of duty. Fact Wilson fired wildly in the neighborhood, endangering bystanders, is evidence enough that he had no regard for others there, like many of the bigots posting here.

An unarmed 6'4" 300 lb teen beating the shit out of you, there is more to this story that autopsy report above supports Wilson's story 100 percent. Brown was shot at close range not running away AND given there was gunshot residue in his thumb wound it show he was close to the cop charging him, not to mention the findings of his being shot in the head at close range too. The cops have already said he was 3 feet from Wilson when he fell IIRC.

Simple as pie.

Are you insane?

I mean have you seen some of our police officers?
506673162_82f8d2aa86.jpg

That guy would need a gun, a dog, pepper spray, and a taser to handle me if I chose to attack him.

And even then I'd probably kick his ass.

Point is obvious , we don't have very high standards for police so the idea that any police should be able to handle any suspect in hand to hand combat is ridiculous.

Shit, I could tie my hands behind my back and kick that guy's ass.

Forum List

Back