Police Arrest Young Black Politician For Distributing Voting Rights Leaflets

what you believe is frankly irrelevant. The police are NOT required to inform you of any charges UNLESS they choose to arrest you. They can detain you with reasonable suspicion then determine what they have reasonable cause to arrest you for, THEN tell you what you are being charged with.

Was the cop an asshole for not answering his question? You bet he was. But there is no law against a cop being an asshole.

and of course it's discrimination , good looking proving that case though.

There's no law against a cop being an asshole, but it's downright dangerous to be argumentative to a cop.

Doesn't that suck, just a little bit?
There are laws against cops being assholes and it is called discrimination. It's a federal crime and the cop can be charged by the feds and the victim can sue the cop for everything he owns. The law needs to be enforced more. A badge isn't supposed to be some kind of permission from society for people to be openly bigoted, foul, crude jerks.

discrimination =/= being a jerk

this lame shit of every time a black person gets in trouble screaming racism is getting fucking old

I have no doubt in my mind, the officer told this angry black man to stop putting solicitations on cars and move on. Then he got angry and said "why I be no beakin no law!" Therefore the combative nature of his response could lead to his arrest!

You have no doubt in your mind that a young black politician spoke in ebonics......

:asshole:

How much does THIS suck?

Sucks a lot. Everyone who deals with the public is subject to dealing with assholes.

But, seriously, it is in the police officer's discretion (as I keep getting told) to punish someone for being an asshole.

Absolutely it is in his or her discretion, so what kind of moron do you have to be to antagonize someone who is LEGALLY able to choose whether to ticket and or arrest you or not?

That is beyond stupid.

All I heard was an angry black man screaming in the streets saying he was wronged. Look when the police ask you something and you show attitude, disrespect or be combative in any way you are bound to get arrested.

The law is the law, just because people passing on leaflets doesn't get stopped 90% of the time, in this case it did! There could have been a complaint about leaflets being left on cars. People use harmless supposedly legit things to case areas. The police had the right to tell him to move on.

I have no doubt in my mind, the officer told this angry black man to stop putting solicitations on cars and move on. Then he got angry and said "why I be no beakin no law!" Therefore the combative nature of his response could lead to his arrest!
Looks like he got arrested for not putting his phone down.

And why you gotta make fun of people's accents, Ghook? We don't make fun of yours.

Leave that guy with the gun alone he aint hurting no...wait...oh this is a black guy with flyers?!!?

Why didnt you say so? Get that summamubitch

The headline is BULLSHIT. He wasn't arrested to putting leaflets on cars, he was arrested for disobeying the police, being combative, screaming, yelling for BROTHERS TO HELP and doing whatever he could to get arrested. A cop asks you a question you answer! Last thing you do is scream at the cops and be combative. Jesus these punks now-a-days have no respect for authority.

Also blacks have been known to swam and attack the police in numbers when a white cop is in a confrontation with a black perp!

Sorry but he was the cause of his own issues and I hope he gets a nice fine for being a dick.

I GUARANTEE, if he would have calmly stated, "Officer I am just putting fliers on cars for a non-profit to promote the right to vote, I am sorry I didn't know there was an ordinance against it. I get flyers on my care all the time. I will stop doing."

The cops probably would have then stated, OK just do it again.

The headline is BULLSHIT. He wasn't arrested to putting leaflets on cars, he was arrested for disobeying the police, being combative, screaming, yelling for BROTHERS TO HELP and doing whatever he could to get arrested. A cop asks you a question you answer! Last thing you do is scream at the cops and be combative. Jesus these punks now-a-days have no respect for authority.

Also blacks have been known to swam and attack the police in numbers when a white cop is in a confrontation with a black perp!

Sorry but he was the cause of his own issues and I hope he gets a nice fine for being a dick.

I GUARANTEE, if he would have calmly stated, "Officer I am just putting fliers on cars for a non-profit to promote the right to vote, I am sorry I didn't know there was an ordinance against it. I get flyers on my care all the time. I will stop doing."

Why did the cop want him to put his phone down?

Of course a cop wanted him to put the phone down, but that wasn't the issue. The issue was when he REFUSED to answer the cops questions, got loud and belligerent. I have no doubt this was what he was looking for!

Because the purpose of confronting the individual was harassment. The cops felt the need to show the protesters they were the boss's. The cop could have easily acted professionally, but chose to do otherwise. Folks who have to deal with corrupt cops know how the routine works. They harass you and make a demand that seems unreasonable so you will challenge their right to treat you in such a way. That turns into an argument and that turns into a charge of disorderly conduct or resisting arrest. Notice that at about 1:11 the officer informs the man that he is being arrested. This is in the middle of the scuffle over the phone that began when he was being detained. From that moment on the man was resisting arrest, even if he didn't hear or understand the officer. The citation is kind of minor and meaningless. The charge of resisting arrest while disturbing the peace is not. It is what is called a trumped up charge.

Just curious! Did you have the same attitude about cliven bundy?

Oh well. Next time listen to the police :dunno:

Just curious, why not mention he was gay. You would think that would prove how awful the cops were....black gay man must obey law, the humanity

Was cliven bundy getting what he asked for?

Of course a cop wanted him to put the phone down, but that wasn't the issue. The issue was when he REFUSED to answer the cops questions, got loud and belligerent. I have no doubt this was what he was looking for!

Just curious! Did you have the same attitude about cliven bundy?

Oh well. Next time listen to the police :dunno:

Just curious, why not mention he was gay. You would think that would prove how awful the cops were....black gay man must obey law, the humanity
If you mean when his son was arrested for failing to disperse and resisting arrest, then yes.

what you believe is frankly irrelevant. The police are NOT required to inform you of any charges UNLESS they choose to arrest you. They can detain you with reasonable suspicion then determine what they have reasonable cause to arrest you for, THEN tell you what you are being charged with.

Was the cop an asshole for not answering his question? You bet he was. But there is no law against a cop being an asshole.

There's no law against a cop being an asshole, but it's downright dangerous to be argumentative to a cop.

There are laws against cops being assholes and it is called discrimination. It's a federal crime and the cop can be charged by the feds and the victim can sue the cop for everything he owns. The law needs to be enforced more. A badge isn't supposed to be some kind of permission from society for people to be openly bigoted, foul, crude jerks.

this lame shit of every time a black person gets in trouble screaming racism is getting fucking old
Imagine how old it gets living it?

Imagine how old it gets living it?

well you're alternative is to do a robin Williams I suppose.

Or grow up and stop pretending that every little slight has offended you

In that situation, the only thing you should EVER say to a cop is, "Am I free to go?"

Forum List

Back