Police Arrest Young Black Politician For Distributing Voting Rights Leaflets

The headline is BULLSHIT. He wasn't arrested to putting leaflets on cars, he was arrested for disobeying the police, being combative, screaming, yelling for BROTHERS TO HELP and doing whatever he could to get arrested. A cop asks you a question you answer! Last thing you do is scream at the cops and be combative. Jesus these punks now-a-days have no respect for authority.

In that situation, the only thing you should EVER say to a cop is, "Am I free to go?"

you mean you shouldn't scream racial epithets , hurtle insults, spit on and otherwise try to degrade the guy who could decide to take you to jail?

The headline is BULLSHIT. He wasn't arrested to putting leaflets on cars, he was arrested for disobeying the police, being combative, screaming, yelling for BROTHERS TO HELP and doing whatever he could to get arrested. A cop asks you a question you answer! Last thing you do is scream at the cops and be combative. Jesus these punks now-a-days have no respect for authority.

In that situation, the only thing you should EVER say to a cop is, "Am I free to go?"
Did you mean to say, 'May I suck you off?"?

Did you mean to say, 'May I suck you off?"?

so you're not polite to cops when they pull you over?

All I heard was an angry black man screaming in the streets saying he was wronged. Look when the police ask you something and you show attitude, disrespect or be combative in any way you are bound to get arrested.

The law is the law, just because people passing on leaflets doesn't get stopped 90% of the time, in this case it did! There could have been a complaint about leaflets being left on cars. People use harmless supposedly legit things to case areas. The police had the right to tell him to move on.

I have no doubt in my mind, the officer told this angry black man to stop putting solicitations on cars and move on. Then he got angry and said "why I be no beakin no law!" Therefore the combative nature of his response could lead to his arrest!
Looks like he got arrested for not putting his phone down.

And why you gotta make fun of people's accents, Ghook? We don't make fun of yours.

He got arrested because he was disobeying an officer! Dumb move on his part!

what you believe is frankly irrelevant. The police are NOT required to inform you of any charges UNLESS they choose to arrest you. They can detain you with reasonable suspicion then determine what they have reasonable cause to arrest you for, THEN tell you what you are being charged with.

Was the cop an asshole for not answering his question? You bet he was. But there is no law against a cop being an asshole.

and of course it's discrimination , good looking proving that case though.

There's no law against a cop being an asshole, but it's downright dangerous to be argumentative to a cop.

Doesn't that suck, just a little bit?
There are laws against cops being assholes and it is called discrimination. It's a federal crime and the cop can be charged by the feds and the victim can sue the cop for everything he owns. The law needs to be enforced more. A badge isn't supposed to be some kind of permission from society for people to be openly bigoted, foul, crude jerks.

discrimination =/= being a jerk

this lame shit of every time a black person gets in trouble screaming racism is getting fucking old
Imagine how old it gets living it?

well you're alternative is to do a robin Williams I suppose.

Or grow up and stop pretending that every little slight has offended you

Ahh growing up is the answer to being annoyed at racism and the hassles it presents. Such an easy answer...which is why its bullshit

what you believe is frankly irrelevant. The police are NOT required to inform you of any charges UNLESS they choose to arrest you. They can detain you with reasonable suspicion then determine what they have reasonable cause to arrest you for, THEN tell you what you are being charged with.

Was the cop an asshole for not answering his question? You bet he was. But there is no law against a cop being an asshole.

There's no law against a cop being an asshole, but it's downright dangerous to be argumentative to a cop.

There are laws against cops being assholes and it is called discrimination. It's a federal crime and the cop can be charged by the feds and the victim can sue the cop for everything he owns. The law needs to be enforced more. A badge isn't supposed to be some kind of permission from society for people to be openly bigoted, foul, crude jerks.

this lame shit of every time a black person gets in trouble screaming racism is getting fucking old

Oh palease.... whatthefuckever. Get over yourself and grow up.

Ahh growing up is the answer to being annoyed at racism and the hassles it presents. Such an easy answer...which is why its bullshit

How about being annoyed at people that think every time they don't get their way it's racism... ??? How about being annoyed at people who think every white person who disagrees with Obama is a racist?

What utter bullshit and a copout.

I just watched the video, and to a degree, he was being an idiot in my humble opinion...

but he should have been told what the crime was upfront....was he? He was shouting so much, I could not tell what really was going on?

I do believe he should not have been taken in the squad car, not without charging him with something....and how in the world did 30 from the group WALK and get to the police station BEFORE the cops and this man? Why did the cops take him to 3 different parking lots before getting to the police station? IF that part is true?

I just watched the video, and to a degree, he was being an idiot in my humble opinion...

but he should have been told what the crime was upfront....was he? He was shouting so much, I could not tell what really was going on?

I do believe he should not have been taken in the squad car, not without charging him with something....and how in the world did 30 from the group WALK and get to the police station BEFORE the cops and this man? Why did the cops take him to 3 different parking lots before getting to the police station? IF that part is true?

That's just it, you can't just take these guy's stories at face value. That's just common sense. Frankly, I say the same thing about the cops stories.

It's human nature to at minimum shade your story just a little bit so you look a little more innocent or make the other side look a little guiltier. EVERYONE does it. All stories should therefor be taken with a huge grain of salt.

How about being annoyed at people that think every time they don't get their way it's racism... ??? How about being annoyed at people who think every white person who disagrees with Obama is a racist?

What utter bullshit and a copout.

You're annoyed at others being annoyed by racism? What a terrible existence that must be. :rolleyes:

You're annoyed at others being annoyed by racism? What a terrible existence that must be. :rolleyes:

I'm annoyed by all the whining that stems from false claims of ____ism. Every time someone doesn't get their way in this country any more they accuse someone of being a _____ist.

Bunch of selfish, self centered assholes .

Take THIS asshole for instance, frankly I think his "arrest" was probably politically motivated but what is the first thing he screams about? "racism, it's cuz im black" when that had NOTHING to do with it.

Forum List

Back