Poland To Take Down 500 Soviet-Era Monuments

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014

Generally, I'm against erasing the past. People should remember what's happened in eras past.

But, on the other hand, Communism is shit. And the Soviet Union murdered 10,000 Polish officers during World War II. Why should the Soviets be remembered in Poland when they were so cruel?

Fuck the Russians. The worst part of it is, they are still bullying other countries, even though they aren't Communist any more.

And they're still bullying Poland for taking down the monuments. Fuck them. I hate Russia.

The Polish Catholic Church took the Soviet Empire DOWN and Russia will NEVER recover. Russia is now a poor white third-world country where clean toilets cannot be found and everyone just shits in a bucket. Fuck the Russians, and fuck Vladimir Putin.

And they're still bullying Poland for taking down the monuments. Fuck them. I hate Russia.

Thousands (!) of Soviet soldiers were killed in Poland while liberating it from German Nazis. That’s why there have been so many monuments.
Category:Soviet military cemeteries of World War II in Poland - Wikimedia Commons

One Soviet soldier Alexey Botyan actually saved the whole city of Krakov from being blown up according to Germans’ plan.
January 10, 1945.Germans planned to demolish and flood the city to inflict maximum damage on rapidly advancing Soviet forces that happened to be much closer to the city than Germans expected. The occupants had no time to fulfill the plans. The Alesha [Alexey Botyan] group demolished the storage on January 18.
Liberation of Poland: the Man who Saved Krakow

And now disrespectful Poles are destroying the monuments and the graves of Soviet soldiers, who gave up their lives for stupid Poland.

And instead of condemning them, you say “F**k Russians”??

Go to hell, Blackrook.

Last edited:

Thousands (!) of Soviet soldiers were killed in Poland while liberating it from German Nazis. That’s why there have been so many monuments.
Category:Soviet military cemeteries of World War II in Poland - Wikimedia Commons

One Soviet soldier Alexey Botyan actually saved the whole city of Krakov from being blown up according to Germans’ plan.
January 10, 1945.Germans planned to demolish and flood the city to inflict maximum damage on rapidly advancing Soviet forces that happened to be much closer to the city than Germans expected. The occupants had no time to fulfill the plans. The Alesha [Alexey Botyan] group demolished the storage on January 18.
Liberation of Poland: the Man who Saved Krakow

And now disrespectful Poles are destroying the monuments and the graves of Soviet soldiers, who gave up their lives for stupid Poland.

And instead of condemning them, you say “F**k Russians”??

Go to hell, Blackrook.
Communists like you don't believe in hell, dipshit.

The Communists didn't "liberate" Poland, they enslaved it. The murdered all the officers of the Polish army, and anyone they considered "intelligensia." They were brutal and evil and anyone who thinks otherwise is a Communist.

Generally, I'm against erasing the past. People should remember what's happened in eras past.

But, on the other hand, Communism is shit. And the Soviet Union murdered 10,000 Polish officers during World War II. Why should the Soviets be remembered in Poland when they were so cruel?

Fuck the Russians. The worst part of it is, they are still bullying other countries, even though they aren't Communist any more.

Good morning Poland. :) Still have a problem from the last century there?

"Memento Park is an open-air museum in Budapest, Hungary, dedicated to monumental statues and sculpted plaques from Hungary's Communist period (1949–1989)."

"After the fall of the Communist regime in Hungary in 1989, many of the Communist statues and monuments were immediately removed. These formed the basis for the current collection of statues in the park. On June 29, 1993, the second anniversary of the withdrawal of the Soviet troops from Hungarian territory, the park celebrated a grand opening as a public outdoor museum."

A quote by the architect on the project: "This park is about dictatorship. And at the same time, because it can be talked about, described, built, this park is about democracy. After all, only democracy is able to give the opportunity to let us think freely about dictatorship."

"These statues are a part of the history of Hungary. Dictatorships chip away at and plaster over their past in order to get rid of all memories of previous ages. Democracy is the only regime that is prepared to accept that our past with all the dead ends is still ours; we should get to know it, analyse it and think about it!

All of the statues, therefore, were positioned according to the original sculptural and architectural plans. This park is not about the statues or the sculptors, but a critique of the ideology that used these statues as symbols of authority.

I realised that if I made this park with more direct, drastic and real tools, as many thought I should, I would create an anti-propaganda park from these propaganda statues and in doing this, I would be faithfully following the same recipe and mentality that we inherited from dictatorship."—Ákos Eleőd, Architect."
Source: Memento Park Budapest | Communist statues and ghosts of communist dictatorship

BUT, an other category the cenotaph of dead soldiers. Russians pay the rent for place is to Hungary. (Hungarian tombs also are on all over the world.)

" ....From there Putin travelled to Budapest’s Heroes square under heavy security in an armoured limosine flown in from Moscow. At the square he placed a wreath at the tomb of the uknown soldier. ...."
More: Vladimir Putin pays "shameful" and "insulting" visit to Budapest - The Budapest Beacon

as far as i know poland was divided twice! Twice in history this country ended its poor existence... What a lovely moments to think about? I know the phrase that if something happened once, it could repeat; if twice - it is a trend.
Now we simply should wait some time till poland third time will be captured by russians.

however i don't like soviet era and think that this monuments should be either destroyed or switched into monuments to the soviet marxist murderer's. All the world should remember the harm western rationalist ideas can cause!

Forum List

Back