Poking the Tea Party "bear" with a stick: Congress invents new 'earmark' tactics

Discussion in 'Tea Party' started by Talismen, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Talismen

Talismen Lady Templar & Kafir

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +69
    If nothing else, the Tea Party movement (still very much alive, mind you) is about holding government accountable. For far too long, we, as a citizenry, did NOT live up to our constitutional responsibilities and hold government accountable.

Thankfully, more and more citizens have opened their eyes and witnessed that painful reality, and have taken it upon themselves to remedy the situation. Some welcome the "Tea Party" moniker, and some shy away from it, but still identify with the basics of the movement itself.

So when I read this, I had to laugh.
    (snip - hat/tip: HotAir)
    Read the whole thing, with access to embedded source links, at the link above.

The idiots in Washington just...don't...get it.
    Yes....A fair number of them who were just elected because of the Tea Party movement, "know what time it is". They witnessed, first-hand, the Tea Party rise up out of the blinding anger and frustrations of We The People, and launch into the most powerful political movement in the last century. It is a force to be reckoned with, and one that can be brought to bear quickly and effectively.

But, for those that STILL don't get it...New to Washington or 'seasoned' belt-way fools...Fair warning: Mark the time well. Everything you say...Everything you do...Is being watched and noted, and WILL be used against you, if you continue to play these games with the will of the people.

If you think the record 2010 mid-term elections were a mere fluke...Think again.

Don't vex us...
    Torches and pitchforks remain a viable option.

2. kwc57

kwc57 BOHICA Obama

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,798
    I'm a conservative libertarian. I share many of the same concerns as the Tea Party. That being said, this reminds me of the religious right. Each election season, the religious right would rise up with their list of demands and Republicans would pay lip service to their ideals in order to get their votes and get elected. They needed the significant weight of that voting bloc to assure a win. Then they got abandoned on the back side. How many of the religious right's agenda has come to fruition since they were used and abused going all the way back to Reagan? The Tea Party is the new Religious Right as far as a useful fringe voting bloc. As much as I'd like to see lower taxes, smaller government, less entitelment, etc., I just don't see it happening.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. (R)IGHTeous 1

(R)IGHTeous 1 GOPROUD

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +123
    Cuz you're an oblivious, no credibility, nut.:lol::cuckoo:

There ARE Atheists in our TEA Party, among the others, THE MAJORITY who really DO want the Constitution, small government, fiscal sanity to come 1st. :lol:

I'm one of em, just like I'm one of the many here who keep pwning you.

You're starting to look more like a lefty spy everyday with that hating ass BS.

If you're @ work dude, cover the screen, run out the door, might wanna quit too, cuz you just fail too epic.:lol:

4. kwc57

kwc57 BOHICA Obama

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,798
    Gheyboy, children are to be seen and not heard. You need to hush and go play while the grownups talk. Go see if Spongebob is on.

5. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    :lol:

6. geauxtohell

geauxtohell Choose your weapon.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,155
    Wow. You totally missed his point, didn't you?

7. geauxtohell

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,155
    It's a good comparison, both in the level of fervor the "Tea Party" members have and in how they will be discarded by the GOP.

It's also a good comparison because, like the Religious Right, the Tea Party overstates it's clout and importance.

8. kwc57

kwc57 BOHICA Obama

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,798
    He's a teenaged kid living at home with his mama trying to imitate his talk radio heroes. He thinks pwning people on the interwebs is a personal accomplishment. So far all he has managed to do is impress everyone with his superior stoopidity.

9. geauxtohell

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,155
    You may have a point.....

Putting the screen names of posters you perceived to have "pwned" in your signature basically screams: "I am a fucking retard".

10. Revere

Revere BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +415
    Which Republicans have won national elections without evangelicals or conservatives? Gerry Ford? Bob Dole? John McCain?