Pocahontas is politically finished

I think that she actually believed it at the time.

I understand about family legends. Apparently that family did tell themselves and their children (falsely, as it turned out) that they had "an Indian in the woodpile" somewhere in earlier times. There is a strong legend of that sort in my first husband's family, which if true would make my daughter 1/16 Cherokee --- a whole lot more Indian than the 1/1056 Latino DNA Warren is claiming. But the great-great-grandmother, whom I actually saw alive at the end of her life, never would tell who did the deed --- got her pregnant with the illegitimate boy. His sons did look pretty Indian, I agree.

BUT ------- nobody ever TRADED on this dubious idea, which could not be proven, and no claim of any kind was made publicly --- and you better believe none of the people involved ever called themselves Indian on any form to get some sort of preferential treatment! That would be fraud and immoral. The idea was not proven and could not be proven any more than Warren's claim, though that family's idea about what happened was a lot more recent and more compelling than Warren's.

First you have to know what the family geneology actually IS --- know when and who. Second, it needs to be more than just some story that a batty aunt spins on Thanksgiving about something she imagines happened 200 years ago. Something that might have happened 200 years ago does not make anyone an Indian. Warren never bothered to prove her claim: she just used it to get preferred entry into Harvard and state legal bars. That's about as bad corruption as you can go. It's completely unacceptable.

I don't care what she believed --- she didn't prove it and she used this unproven tale to benefit herself. And she was dead wrong all along.

It's an act of fraud to obtain benefits to which she is not entitled. She should resign and possibly prosecuted.

If you claim you are an American Indian, you get extra points on things like State and Federal Civil Service Exams, College Entrance Exams, Bar Exams, Medical School Entrance Exams, Law School Entrance Exams etc.

She should be forced to resign

If you claim you are an American Indian, you get extra points on things like State and Federal Civil Service Exams, College Entrance Exams, Bar Exams, Medical School Entrance Exams, Law School Entrance Exams etc.

She should be forced to resign

Thank you. Pocahontas' actions were the same as theft.

She is a rich white Bostonian broad, a modern day Margaret Drysdale, and goes out to steal a job intended for a squaw living in a teepee and looking to earn to get food for her papoose.

That's despicable.

It's an act of fraud to obtain benefits to which she is not entitled. She should resign and possibly prosecuted.

There is absolutely no evidence that she ever claimed any benefits because of her heritage, whatsoever. The application to the Texas Bar says that the racial information is being collected for "statistical purposes only". She has never received a scholarship or a job because of a claimed native heritage. That has been litigated and proven.

There is nothing to prosecute, and no reason for her to resign.

There is absolutely no evidence that she ever claimed any benefits because of her heritage, whatsoever. The application to the Texas Bar says that the racial information is being collected for "statistical purposes only". She has never received a scholarship or a job because of a claimed native heritage. That has been litigated and proven.

If Pocahontas said this lie once, she may have said it many times before and after. If the broad is denying it, let's have an investigation.

Do you all realize the worm has turned? Rightwing researchers of serious ability are suddenly taking apart the Democratic Party. I suspect Deep Pockets are paying these researchers, but whether that's so or no, they are finding the most amazing things, suddenly, in prominent Democrats' pasts. The Democrats' politics of personal destruction has been turned on them.

High time, too.

I don't believe that. It is very well known that minorities get preferential treatment in all competitive situations -- college, jobs, everything. Schools, every employer need to check the minority boxes to fill the informal quota system going on. If strict meritocracy were going on, blacks and Indians would have very few places at top universities such as Harvard. (Nor would whites, perhaps: people have been calling MIT "Beijing North" for decades.) Free riders like Warren falsely promote themselves as "diversities" to get ahead of other people.

Do you all realize the worm has turned? Rightwing researchers of serious ability are suddenly taking apart the Democratic Party. I suspect Deep Pockets are paying these researchers, but whether that's so or no, they are finding the most amazing things, suddenly, in prominent Democrats' pasts. The Democrats' politics of personal destruction has been turned on them.

High time, too.
The Washington Post is now rightwing? I thought most tards thought it’s fake news?

Dragon Lady is a Fraud.

I'll listen to a Leftist when they start giving their own people The Kavanaugh Routine.

Forum List

Back