PLO chief Mahmoud Abbas quits leadership post

Hollie, P F Tinmore, et al,

Yes, I believe that P F Tinmore is correct. Title III Basic Law makes it clear:
Article 37
The office of the President shall be considered vacant in any of the following cases:

a. Death;
b. Resignation submitted to the Palestinian Legislative Council, if accepted by two-thirds of its members;
c. Loss of legal capacity, as per a ruling issued by the High Constitutional Court and subsequently approved by a majority of two-thirds of the members of the Legislative Council.
If the office of the President of the National Authority becomes vacant due to any of the above cases, the Speaker of the Palestinian Legislative Council shall temporarily assume the powers and duties of the Presidency of the National Authority for a period not to exceed sixty (60) days, during which free and direct elections to elect a new President shall take place in accordance with the Palestinian Election Law.​
But I do not believe that applies (I could be wrong). I think Mahmoud Abbas, is (was) both Chairman of Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) and Palestinian President; each mutually exclusive of the other. So far, I had not heard that he resigned from the Presidency. I think he resigned from the Chairmanship of PLO, and forfeits his seat on the Executive Committee. I still think he is President of the State of Palestine.

Without a clear plan for succession, the departure of Abbas is likely to lead to instability,​

Of course Fucksnews did not mention that the speaker of the parliament is the constitutional successor for president. This is a temporary appointment and elections are to be called within 60 days.

Dr. Aziz Dweik, speaker of parliament.
President of what - competing Islamic terrorist syndicates?

Hamas controls their Islamo-turf in Hamas'istan and Fatah controls.... well, who knows what they do other than beg for kafir welfare dollars.

This has all the makings of an Islamo-street fight as these mini, wannabe caliphates despise each other and with billions of dollars of kafir welfare dollars at stake, control of UNRWA money spigot is paramount.
(COMMENT)

Whether there is any "instability" is yet to be seen. Usually, when you talk about the stability of a country, you are referring to its ability and competency to continue the administration government and performing inherent function of the state.

It remains to be seen if the absence of the PLO power base has any impact. We don't actually know if this is some sort of Palestinian theatrics, or what the intent is.

Most Respectfully
R
But I do not believe that applies (I could be wrong). I think Mahmoud Abbas, is (was) both Chairman of Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) and Palestinian President; each mutually exclusive of the other. So far, I had not heard that he resigned from the Presidency. I think he resigned from the Chairmanship of PLO, and forfeits his seat on the Executive Committee. I still think he is President of the State of Palestine.​

That would be correct. Looking at several reports Abbas is resigning from the PLO but will remain the president of the PA.

I don't see any instability because the PLO has done virtually nothing in decades.

There has been a push to register Palestinians from all over the world to have elections for the Palestinian National Council. This would mean new representation at the UN and new negotiators with Israel.

The " Saudi Peace Plan" is " negotiating?" Now, THAT is funny !

P F Tinmore, et al,

One of the most remarkable things about the --- "Question and Status of Palestine" (excluding the State of Israel) have been and continues to be even a common understanding of which organizations are responsible for the State of Palestine. If you talk to the followers of HAMAS, they are quick to remind you that they won the election. But if you talk to the Permanent Observer, you find that the they have no doubt that "The Arab Summit in 1974 recognized the PLO as the “sole and legitimate representative of the Palestinian people” and since then the PLO has represented Palestine at the United Nations, the Movement of Non-Aligned Countries (NAM), the Organization of the Islamic Conference (OIC), and in many other fora."

That would be correct. Looking at several reports Abbas is resigning from the PLO but will remain the president of the PA.

I don't see any instability because the PLO has done virtually nothing in decades.

There has been a push to register Palestinians from all over the world to have elections for the Palestinian National Council. This would mean new representation at the UN and new negotiators with Israel.

The Palestinians could use some fresh blood in their leadership.
(VERY KEY REFERENCES)

• 28 October 1974, Seventh Arab League Summit Conference, League of Arab States (LAS) --- Resolution on Palestine

• 22 November 1974, A/RES/3237 (XXIX), Observer status for the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO)

• 9 December 1988, A/43/928, Question of Palestine

• 15 December 1988, A/RES/43/177, Question of Palestine

• 13 July 1998, A/RES/52/250, Participation of Palestine in the work of the United Nations

• 26 November 2012, A/67/L.28, Status of Palestine in the United Nations

• 4 December 2012, A/RES/67/19, Status of Palestine in the United Nations

(COMMENT)

As you might glean from the reference chain, the LAS Summit conducted by their majesties, Excellencies, and Highnesses, the Kings, Presidents and Amirs, decided that the PLO was to be "the sole legitimate representative of the Palestinian people in any Palestinian territory that is liberated." Up to that point, the Arab Higher Committee (AHC) (controlled politically by the Palestine Arab Party), reconstituted by the LAS (AKA: Arab League), it's parent organization in 1945, had acted as the representative of the Palestinian people. (It was the AHC that actually rejected participation in the "Step Preparatory to Independence.") The LAS decision was acknowledged by the UN in November, and announced by resolution that the PLO was invited to participate in the capacity of observer. After declaring Independence in November 1988, the UN three things:

• It Acknowledges the proclamation of the State of Palestine by the Palestine National Council on 15 November 1988.
• It acknowledged the intention of the PLO to form a Provisional Government for the State of Palestine.
• It decided that the designation "Palestine" should be used in place of the designation "Palestine Liberation Organization" in the United Nations system.

A decade later (1998), the UN made it known that it was aware that "general democratic Palestinian elections were held on 20 January 1996 and that the Palestinian Authority was established on part of the occupied Palestinian territory." And in 2012, the UN, "Taking into consideration that the Executive Committee of the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO-EC), in accordance with a decision by the Palestine National Council, is entrusted with the powers and responsibilities of the Provisional Government of the State of Palestine," --- "Decides to accord to Palestine non-member observer State status in the United Nations, without prejudice to the acquired rights, privileges and role of the Palestine Liberation Organization in the United Nations as the representative of the Palestinian people." And again, that same month, the UN in consideration that the Palestine National Council entrusted the PLO-EC with the powers and responsibilities of the Provisional Government of the State of Palestine, reiterates the this though in two essential documents.

It would seem that, at least until 2012, the PLO was a very key leadership organization in the Government of Palestine. Particularly since elections only happen once every decade or so. To the outside observer, the legacy if the 2006 Elections a decade later are virtually zero. The Palestinian people are no better off today then they were ten years ago.

Most Respectfully,
R

P F Tinmore, et al,

One of the most remarkable things about the --- "Question and Status of Palestine" (excluding the State of Israel) have been and continues to be even a common understanding of which organizations are responsible for the State of Palestine. If you talk to the followers of HAMAS, they are quick to remind you that they won the election. But if you talk to the Permanent Observer, you find that the they have no doubt that "The Arab Summit in 1974 recognized the PLO as the “sole and legitimate representative of the Palestinian people” and since then the PLO has represented Palestine at the United Nations, the Movement of Non-Aligned Countries (NAM), the Organization of the Islamic Conference (OIC), and in many other fora."

(VERY KEY REFERENCES)

• 28 October 1974, Seventh Arab League Summit Conference, League of Arab States (LAS) --- Resolution on Palestine

• 22 November 1974, A/RES/3237 (XXIX), Observer status for the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO)

• 13 July 1998, A/RES/52/250, Participation of Palestine in the work of the United Nations

(COMMENT)

As you might glean from the reference chain, the LAS Summit conducted by their majesties, Excellencies, and Highnesses, the Kings, Presidents and Amirs, decided that the PLO was to be "the sole legitimate representative of the Palestinian people in any Palestinian territory that is liberated." Up to that point, the Arab Higher Committee (AHC) (controlled politically by the Palestine Arab Party), reconstituted by the LAS (AKA: Arab League), it's parent organization in 1945, had acted as the representative of the Palestinian people. (It was the AHC that actually rejected participation in the "Step Preparatory to Independence.") The LAS decision was acknowledged by the UN in November, and announced by resolution that the PLO was invited to participate in the capacity of observer. After declaring Independence in November 1988, the UN three things:

• It Acknowledges the proclamation of the State of Palestine by the Palestine National Council on 15 November 1988.
• It acknowledged the intention of the PLO to form a Provisional Government for the State of Palestine.
• It decided that the designation "Palestine" should be used in place of the designation "Palestine Liberation Organization" in the United Nations system.

A decade later (1998), the UN made it known that it was aware that "general democratic Palestinian elections were held on 20 January 1996 and that the Palestinian Authority was established on part of the occupied Palestinian territory." And in 2012, the UN, "Taking into consideration that the Executive Committee of the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO-EC), in accordance with a decision by the Palestine National Council, is entrusted with the powers and responsibilities of the Provisional Government of the State of Palestine," --- "Decides to accord to Palestine non-member observer State status in the United Nations, without prejudice to the acquired rights, privileges and role of the Palestine Liberation Organization in the United Nations as the representative of the Palestinian people." And again, that same month, the UN in consideration that the Palestine National Council entrusted the PLO-EC with the powers and responsibilities of the Provisional Government of the State of Palestine, reiterates the this though in two essential documents.

It would seem that, at least until 2012, the PLO was a very key leadership organization in the Government of Palestine. Particularly since elections only happen once every decade or so. To the outside observer, the legacy if the 2006 Elections a decade later are virtually zero. The Palestinian people are no better off today then they were ten years ago.

Most Respectfully,
R

P F Tinmore, et al,

(VERY KEY REFERENCES)

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

P F Tinmore, Phoenall, et al,

I don't quite understand the issue and question.

The Islamic Resistance Movement (HAMAS) is associated as the perpetrator in 410 Terrorist Events (not including rocket and mortar attacks) since they organized in 1988. The first being:

198909200009 1989-09-20 Israel Qiryat Shemona --- Hamas (Islamic Resistance Movement) 0 0 Private Citizens & Property
View attachment 48613
The last HAMAS attack was:

201412240060 2014-12-24 West Bank and Gaza Strip Khan Yunis --- Hamas (Islamic Resistance Movement) 0 1 Military
The last recorded violations (excluding rocket attacks) of Rule 6 (Civilians are protected against attack, unless and for such time as they take a direct part in hostilities), of the Customary International Humanitarian Law were:

201411050011 2014-11-05 Israel Jerusalem --- Hamas (Islamic Resistance Movement) 4 12 Police,Private Citizens & Property
201408260071 2014-08-26 Israel Ashkelon --- Hamas (Islamic Resistance Movement) 0 20 Private Citizens & Property
201408250022 2014-08-25 Israel Eshkol regional council --- Hamas (Islamic Resistance Movement) 0 0 Private Citizens & Property
201408240017 2014-08-24 Israel Erez --- Hamas (Islamic Resistance Movement) 0 3 Military,Private Citizens & Property
201408220052 2014-08-22 West Bank and Gaza Strip Gaza --- Hamas (Islamic Resistance Movement) 1 0 Private Citizens & Property
201408220051 2014-08-22 West Bank and Gaza Strip Gaza --- Hamas (Islamic Resistance Movement) 11 0 Private Citizens & Property
The reason I don't understand the question is that HAMAS has a well establish pattern of past criminal behaviors that stretches back a quarter century; of several different types. These are the examples I use to demonstrate the duration and implementation of HAMAS policies to engage civilians attack when and they are not directly taking part in hostilities.

Most Respectfully,
R
The trouble with Pro-Zionists like you Rocco......is that you have a short memory or as I prefer an "EMPTY MEMORY" which is ATYPICAL to you Guys.

You whinge and moan about Hamas.....yet you very people did 10 times worse to the Brilliant Palestinians since 1940 onwards up until today..........Your Silence on this matter is DEAFENING,yet you all whinge..as I said "EMPTY MEMORIES"

Rocco,I have much Respect for you but as I have explained to you prior on here...if you are going to make a statement at least be Fair about it.

The fact of the matter,the Terrorist Zionists have been far,far worse to the Palestinians compared to Hamas(an organization created by Israel and the US) And YOU in particular being an educated man(as opposed to the knee reactionists Zion-Terro's on here) you should know the history of this Schism,...that Hamas like the Israelis are fighting for a homeland as is their right.

Peaceful negotiations are the only way forwards.....and as far as I am concerned ....SOON FORWARD.....for both Semitic Peoples....stevewww.youtube.com/watch?v=cH5eaUAXARI

Rocco your "Tables" of Hamas should be forwarded by the " Palestinians ..DEATHS BY JEWS...".. lets start with 200,000 +..............Which would be a conservative number.

What are you babbling on about now, the Palestinians deserve all they get because of their stupidity, aggression, violence and belligerence.
By the way who was it that fired on women and children in a concentration camp one September killing up to 50,000 in cold blood because of their violence and terrorist activities. A clue it was not the Jews or Zionists .
Go Away....Punk..you know NOT the minute NOR the hour

The Islamic Resistance Movement (HAMAS) is associated as the perpetrator in 410 Terrorist Events (not including rocket and mortar attacks) since they organized in 1988. The first being:

198909200009 1989-09-20 Israel Qiryat Shemona --- Hamas (Islamic Resistance Movement) 0 0 Private Citizens & Property
View attachment 48613

201412240060 2014-12-24 West Bank and Gaza Strip Khan Yunis --- Hamas (Islamic Resistance Movement) 0 1 Military
The last recorded violations (excluding rocket attacks) of Rule 6 (Civilians are protected against attack, unless and for such time as they take a direct part in hostilities), of the Customary International Humanitarian Law were:

201411050011 2014-11-05 Israel Jerusalem --- Hamas (Islamic Resistance Movement) 4 12 Police,Private Citizens & Property
201408260071 2014-08-26 Israel Ashkelon --- Hamas (Islamic Resistance Movement) 0 20 Private Citizens & Property
201408250022 2014-08-25 Israel Eshkol regional council --- Hamas (Islamic Resistance Movement) 0 0 Private Citizens & Property
201408240017 2014-08-24 Israel Erez --- Hamas (Islamic Resistance Movement) 0 3 Military,Private Citizens & Property
201408220052 2014-08-22 West Bank and Gaza Strip Gaza --- Hamas (Islamic Resistance Movement) 1 0 Private Citizens & Property
201408220051 2014-08-22 West Bank and Gaza Strip Gaza --- Hamas (Islamic Resistance Movement) 11 0 Private Citizens & Property
The reason I don't understand the question is that HAMAS has a well establish pattern of past criminal behaviors that stretches back a quarter century; of several different types. These are the examples I use to demonstrate the duration and implementation of HAMAS policies to engage civilians attack when and they are not directly taking part in hostilities.

Most Respectfully,
R
The trouble with Pro-Zionists like you Rocco......is that you have a short memory or as I prefer an "EMPTY MEMORY" which is ATYPICAL to you Guys.

You whinge and moan about Hamas.....yet you very people did 10 times worse to the Brilliant Palestinians since 1940 onwards up until today..........Your Silence on this matter is DEAFENING,yet you all whinge..as I said "EMPTY MEMORIES"

Rocco,I have much Respect for you but as I have explained to you prior on here...if you are going to make a statement at least be Fair about it.

The fact of the matter,the Terrorist Zionists have been far,far worse to the Palestinians compared to Hamas(an organization created by Israel and the US) And YOU in particular being an educated man(as opposed to the knee reactionists Zion-Terro's on here) you should know the history of this Schism,...that Hamas like the Israelis are fighting for a homeland as is their right.

Peaceful negotiations are the only way forwards.....and as far as I am concerned ....SOON FORWARD.....for both Semitic Peoples....stevewww.youtube.com/watch?v=cH5eaUAXARI

Rocco your "Tables" of Hamas should be forwarded by the " Palestinians ..DEATHS BY JEWS...".. lets start with 200,000 +..............Which would be a conservative number.

What are you babbling on about now, the Palestinians deserve all they get because of their stupidity, aggression, violence and belligerence.
By the way who was it that fired on women and children in a concentration camp one September killing up to 50,000 in cold blood because of their violence and terrorist activities. A clue it was not the Jews or Zionists .
Go Away....Punk..you know NOT the minute NOR the hour

Just more babble because you have been put on the spot by the truth. The Jordanians mass murdered as many as 50,000 Palestinians they had in concentration camps as an object lesson they learnt well. That is how the Palestinians should be treated by everyone they have attacked in the past 100 years until they stop supporting and defending the terrorists that are in power and learn to live in peace. They way they are going they will be going the way of the dinosaurs and become extinct

Kiryat Shmona massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiryat_Shmona_massacre
The Kiryat Shmona massacre was an attack by three members of the Popular Front for the Liberation of ... Hamas; Other groups: al-Aqsa Brigades; ... 1989 Bus 405 attack;

View attachment 48613

Most Respectfully,
R
Kiryat Shmona massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia​

The Kiryat Shmona massacre was an attack by three members of the Popular Front for the Liberation of ... Hamas; Other groups: al-Aqsa Brigades; ... 1989 Bus 405 attack;​

From your link:

The attack​

On 11 April 1974, three members of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine - General Command crossed the Israeli border from Lebanon.​

There is no Israeli border with Lebanon. There is a lie in your link.

P F Tinmore, et al,

(VERY KEY REFERENCES)

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R
To the outside observer, the legacy if the 2006 Elections a decade later are virtually zero. The Palestinian people are no better off today then they were ten years ago.​

Indeed, that was the plan when the US trashed the Palestinian government in 2007.

The Kiryat Shmona massacre was an attack by three members of the Popular Front for the Liberation of ... Hamas; Other groups: al-Aqsa Brigades; ... 1989 Bus 405 attack;

View attachment 48613

Most Respectfully,
R

The Kiryat Shmona massacre was an attack by three members of the Popular Front for the Liberation of ... Hamas; Other groups: al-Aqsa Brigades; ... 1989 Bus 405 attack;​

From your link:

The attack

On 11 April 1974, three members of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine - General Command crossed the Israeli border from Lebanon.​

For the purposes of international law the armistice lines are deemed to be borders

Israel-Lebanon Armistice Agreement

Article V

1. The Armistice Demarcation Line shall follow the international boundary between the Lebanon and Palestine.

P F Tinmore, et al,

(VERY KEY REFERENCES)

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R
To the outside observer, the legacy if the 2006 Elections a decade later are virtually zero. The Palestinian people are no better off today then they were ten years ago.​

Indeed, that was the plan when the US trashed the Palestinian government in 2007.

But they didn't the Palestinian people did that themselves, they voted for a known and proven terrorist organisation to be their leaders. Now they would not vote for them again which is why hamas refuses to hold elections

View attachment 48613

Most Respectfully,
R

From your link:

The attack

For the purposes of international law the armistice lines are deemed to be borders

Article V

1. The Armistice Demarcation Line shall follow the international boundary between the Lebanon and Palestine.

Where does it say that it is illegal for Palestinians to enter Palestine?

BTW, who was it that said that Palestine has no international borders?

Last edited:
P F Tinmore, et al,

(VERY KEY REFERENCES)

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

But they didn't the Palestinian people did that themselves, they voted for a known and proven terrorist organisation to be their leaders. Now they would not vote for them again which is why hamas refuses to hold elections
Links?

View attachment 48613

Most Respectfully,
R

From your link:

The attack

Article V

The nation of Palestine doesn't but the mandate of Palestine does. Which you have been told many times before and still ignore the evidence. International law says it is illegal as it applies to Jews crossing into Jordan which was part of Palestine prior to 1945.

P F Tinmore, et al,

(VERY KEY REFERENCES)

(COMMENT)

• It Acknowledges the proclamation of the State of Palestine They whewre a known abn by the Palestine National Council on 15 November 1988.

Most Respectfully,
R

Links?

Your own posts when you stated that hamas was the majority party in the P.A. elections in 2007. They where a known and proven terror group even then. Has an election been called by the ruling party and if not why not ?

P F Tinmore, et al,

(VERY KEY REFERENCES)

(COMMENT)

• It Acknowledges the proclamation of the State of Palestine They whewre a known abn by the Palestine National Council on 15 November 1988.

Most Respectfully,
R

Links?

Your own posts when you stated that hamas was the majority party in the P.A. elections in 2007. They where a known and proven terror group even then. Has an election been called by the ruling party and if not why not ?
The president calls elections. Abbas left the government in 2007 but will not allow the constitutional president take office.

View attachment 48613

Most Respectfully,
R

From your link:

The attack

Article V

The nation of Palestine doesn't but the mandate of Palestine does. Which you have been told many times before and still ignore the evidence. International law says it is illegal as it applies to Jews crossing into Jordan which was part of Palestine prior to 1945.
Funny that the 1949 armistice agreements (that Israel signed) calls the borders Palestinian. The Mandate left Palestine in 1948.

View attachment 48613

Most Respectfully,
R
Your source compiles info from news sources. All news sources report from Israel.

Do you have some unbiased sources?

Do you to your racist claim that all news sources report from Israel ?
Do your own homework. Look up any source: AP, AFP, Reuters, New York Times, etc. and find the location of their office.

I think you will find that they are all in Israel.

P F Tinmore, et al,

(VERY KEY REFERENCES)

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

Links?

The president calls elections. Abbas left the government in 2007 but will not allow the constitutional president take office.

At the request of the P.A. which is hamas, they refuse to meet with the rest of the P.A. to call for the president to announce the election so blocking the election of the P.A. All it is in reality is two dictators vying for control of a disjointed nation unable to exercise their free determination.

View attachment 48613

Most Respectfully,
R

From your link:

The attack

Article V

Funny that the 1949 armistice agreements (that Israel signed) calls the borders Palestinian. The Mandate left Palestine in 1948.

Nope the mandatory left Palestine on May 14 1948, the mandate is still in place and will stay so until the Palestinians take the steps to free determination. It is their call and until that happens the mandate stays.
It actually refers to them as the original mandate of Palestine's borders, and never the nation of Palestine's borders. How many more times do you need this explaining to you and the links to the mandate of palestines actual words

View attachment 48613

Most Respectfully,
R
Your source compiles info from news sources. All news sources report from Israel.

Do you have some unbiased sources?

Do you to your racist claim that all news sources report from Israel ?
Do your own homework. Look up any source: AP, AFP, Reuters, New York Times, etc. and find the location of their office.

I think you will find that they are all in Israel.

AP is based in Moroco

AFP is in Paris

Reuters is in London

New York times is in New York

But they do have offices in most nations which is where you are getting confused

Forum List

Back