Please Pray. I'm Bill, a homeless dad of 2 teens, living in our car

WilliamRoche

Rookie
Jul 3, 2014
PLEASE PRAY FOR US!

WE ARE A HOMELESS FAMILY OF 3 LIVING IN OUR CAR. WE ARE THE FACES OF HOMELESSNESS IN RI. PLEASE READ AND SHARE OUR STORY.

PLEASE READ AND SHARE OUR STORY. PLEASE VISIT AND SHARE OUR LINKS. PLEASE HELP SUPPORT A PROMISE IS A PROMISE BY SPREADING THE WORD AND IF YOU CAN DONATE IT WOULD BE APPRECIATED MORE THAN YOU CAN EVEN IMAGINE. THESE KIDS NEED A ROOF OVER THEIR HEADS AND A SAFE PLACE TO CALL HOME.

OUR STORY: In 2009, my wife was diagnosed with 3 different kinds of terminal cancer. She was so ill, I had to take on the role of Dad and Mom to our two children, whom we were raising in the childhood home of my wife. I tried so hard to keep it together for my family. It was so hard to see my wife suffer and to know the sadness my kids felt knowing their Mom would soon go to heaven. I suffered from a breakdown soon after that. I could no longer work and applied for disability benefits. Our family quickly fell into financial turmoil. On July 1, 2011, my wife lost her battle with cancer and passed away. She was the rock that kept our family together. The grief my kids and I suffered was too much for me to bear and I suffered yet another breakdown. Raising two kids with no income was extremely difficult. My kids had no baskets on Easter, no gifts or cake for their birthdays, no Thanksgiving dinner, no Christmas tree or presents to go underneath, no stockings stuffed with goodies. Although it broke my heart, at least we had each other. On August 1st 2013, I was diagnosed with kidney cancer and on the same exact day received an eviction notice and 30 days to move out. On September 1st 2013, I had surgery to remove my kidney, the same exact day we left our home. With nowhere to go as a family, we were forced to leave all of our belongings behind except for the clothes on our backs. 35 Years of memories lost. For a short time we had to split up, each of us living in separate, temporary homes. We reunited but lived in 7 different places in 8 months. For the past few months, the 3 of us have been living in our car. I have been denied disability benefits four times and am currently in the appeals process. We are only living on food stamps and as of July 1st of this year, I will no longer receive cash assistance from the state and we will be living on only food stamps while I wait to hear the decision from disability. I made a promise to my kids that I would do anything to buy back the home that they were born and raised in, where their Mom was raised and passed away, where they feel safe, secure and close to their Mom. I will be continuing this campaign Until I reach my goal of buying back our family home where we belong.

Please Google the following phrases to find our links so you can review the media coverage and read our story, contact us or make a donation. Please share these links. You can also find me on Facebook "Bill Roche" Thanks for bearing with me, I am not allowed to post links until I have made 15 or more posts.

on YouTube search "dedicated father" and a few results down the page is my video of my plea to America

SEARCH THE FOLLOWING TO FIND THE TWO LINKS TO OUR LOCAL MEDIA COVERAGE ON MY FUNDRAISING EFFORTS
"WARWICK ONLINE HOMELESS FATHER" AND "ABC 6 NEWS RI HOMELESS FATHER"
SEARCH THE FOLLOWING TO FIND LINKS ARE WHERE YOU CAN DONATE

"CROWDRISE A PROMISE IS A PROMISE FUNDRAISER" AND "GO FUND ME A PROMISE IS A PROMISE"

Thank You So Much For The Opportunity To Introduce Myself And Share Our Story!!!

Please Pray For Us!

Thank you for taking the time to read my introduction.

Scam artist, and a poor one at that. I "googled" the phrases quoted in the OP, and the only result is the USMB post made above.

Reported.

I am too proud to beg, my in-laws would just tell me to get my shit together anyway and would never help me personally, so I do what I have done for years, do whatever it takes to survive...

PLEASE PRAY FOR US!

WE ARE A HOMELESS FAMILY OF 3 LIVING IN OUR CAR. WE ARE THE FACES OF HOMELESSNESS IN RI. PLEASE READ AND SHARE OUR STORY.

PLEASE READ AND SHARE OUR STORY. PLEASE VISIT AND SHARE OUR LINKS. PLEASE HELP SUPPORT A PROMISE IS A PROMISE BY SPREADING THE WORD AND IF YOU CAN DONATE IT WOULD BE APPRECIATED MORE THAN YOU CAN EVEN IMAGINE. THESE KIDS NEED A ROOF OVER THEIR HEADS AND A SAFE PLACE TO CALL HOME.

OUR STORY: In 2009, my wife was diagnosed with 3 different kinds of terminal cancer. She was so ill, I had to take on the role of Dad and Mom to our two children, whom we were raising in the childhood home of my wife. I tried so hard to keep it together for my family. It was so hard to see my wife suffer and to know the sadness my kids felt knowing their Mom would soon go to heaven. I suffered from a breakdown soon after that. I could no longer work and applied for disability benefits. Our family quickly fell into financial turmoil. On July 1, 2011, my wife lost her battle with cancer and passed away. She was the rock that kept our family together. The grief my kids and I suffered was too much for me to bear and I suffered yet another breakdown. Raising two kids with no income was extremely difficult. My kids had no baskets on Easter, no gifts or cake for their birthdays, no Thanksgiving dinner, no Christmas tree or presents to go underneath, no stockings stuffed with goodies. Although it broke my heart, at least we had each other. On August 1st 2013, I was diagnosed with kidney cancer and on the same exact day received an eviction notice and 30 days to move out. On September 1st 2013, I had surgery to remove my kidney, the same exact day we left our home. With nowhere to go as a family, we were forced to leave all of our belongings behind except for the clothes on our backs. 35 Years of memories lost. For a short time we had to split up, each of us living in separate, temporary homes. We reunited but lived in 7 different places in 8 months. For the past few months, the 3 of us have been living in our car. I have been denied disability benefits four times and am currently in the appeals process. We are only living on food stamps and as of July 1st of this year, I will no longer receive cash assistance from the state and we will be living on only food stamps while I wait to hear the decision from disability. I made a promise to my kids that I would do anything to buy back the home that they were born and raised in, where their Mom was raised and passed away, where they feel safe, secure and close to their Mom. I will be continuing this campaign Until I reach my goal of buying back our family home where we belong.

Please Google the following phrases to find our links so you can review the media coverage and read our story, contact us or make a donation. Please share these links. You can also find me on Facebook "Bill Roche" Thanks for bearing with me, I am not allowed to post links until I have made 15 or more posts.

on YouTube search "dedicated father" and a few results down the page is my video of my plea to America

SEARCH THE FOLLOWING TO FIND THE TWO LINKS TO OUR LOCAL MEDIA COVERAGE ON MY FUNDRAISING EFFORTS

"CROWDRISE A PROMISE IS A PROMISE FUNDRAISER" AND "GO FUND ME A PROMISE IS A PROMISE"

Thank You So Much For The Opportunity To Introduce Myself And Share Our Story!!!

Please Pray For Us!

Homeless father trying to buy back home for kids - ABC6 - Providence, RI and New Bedford, MA News, Weather

WARWICK, RI- Nestled at the busy intersection of East Avenue and Bald Hill Road in Warwick, homeless father, Bill Roche has posted his life story on his car; hoping to fulfill a promise to his two teenagers, a 13–year-old daughter, and 16–year-old son who all live out of the car.

"Everyday we go by that home the kids say, Dad, you promised you would buy that home for us, you would bring back home," said Roche.

His wife grew up in the home and their kids were raised there too. Bill's wife lost her battle to cancer in 2011.

He was later diagnosed with kidney cancer and on the day they were evicted, he had the kidney removed.

Bill has been unable to work, and was denied disability benefits several times.

Last edited:
Dude, this is NOT a good way to teach your kids how to do things. Time to move on, start making money and find a new home.

Not all promises may be kept - that's an important lesson, too.

Good luck.

Hello Bill,

Im so sorry your going thru this...... I can only hope someone will step up and try to help you!

Peace and love to you!!

Hello Bill,

Im so sorry your going thru this...... I can only hope someone will step up and try to help you!

Peace and love to you!!

Keeping it going; Bill, try Catholic relief services, they help non Catholics also. In addition, Presbyertian Church relief.

It sucks bigtime when someone tries to capitalize off the quantified methods of making quick, easy money used by street beggars and hustlers.

I never know anymore if the guy flying a sign at the bottom of the interstate off-ramp is really and truly in need of a can of beans, or is in fact on his day off from flying a private jet to the Caymans.

Scam artist, and a poor one at that. I "googled" the phrases quoted in the OP, and the only result is the USMB post made above.

Reported.

That's odd, I found these - so you're saying ABC is lying, or the article is a fake, and so is the Warwick Beacon? Hmmm, you seem to always take the negative side on everything. You either don't trust anyone or are afraid that someone is going to scam you that you label everyone a liar.

Homeless father trying to buy back home for kids - ABC6 - Providence, RI and New Bedford, MA News, Weather

Homeless father determined to buy back home out of his car - Warwick Beacon

PLEASE PRAY FOR US!

Please Pray For Us!

Surely Warwick or some other Massachusetts town has some sort of shelter for people in your situation. Or, you can seek out some Christian church in your area and ask for their help. I will certainly pray for you and your children, they need a place to live other than your car, and if you are able to work, I'm sure one of these places can help you find a job. Forget about buying that home back, your main interest should be putting a roof over your children's heads and it doesn't have to be a specific place, most of us have dreams that don't materialize, but we have to make the most of what we have or can have.

God Bless You.

Reported.

That's odd, I found these - so you're saying ABC is lying, or the article is a fake, and so is the Warwick Beacon? Hmmm, you seem to always take the negative side on everything. You either don't trust anyone or are afraid that someone is going to scam you that you label everyone a liar.

C'mon, Merty: give mah friend Mr. Scary Clown a break, will ya?

He's prolly been ripped off by some a-hole flyin' a sign at the bottom of an interstate off-ramp before.

That would certainly make me a bit less trusting of folks like the OP of this thread, to be sure.

Reported.

C'mon, Merty: give mah friend Mr. Scary Clown a break, will ya?

He's prolly been ripped off by some a-hole flyin' a sign at the bottom of an interstate off-ramp before.

That would certainly make me a bit less trusting of folks like the OP of this thread, to be sure.

Well, you can't lump everyone into the same pile.....and Pennywise has been known to make snarky and negative remarks about people.....you're not to picky when it comes to friends....:D

I feel for you Bill. The job of your Soc Sec intake officer is to find reasons to deny you. I know some resources have been drying up since the Rs are voting against them but I hope you can find help somewhere.

Ignore the cruel and ignorant ones here. I didn't have any trouble at all finding links about your situation. At least you are trying to change your situation. People have no idea how medical expenses can decimate lives and some simply don't care about their fellow man. Maybe the publicity will help get you some help.

Good luck to you and your children.

Bill, raise the money - don't ask for help. You can do it and there are 100,000 ways. At the rate you are going, it would take forever anyway.

If it were me, I'd flip a few houses, for you - I would suggest finding an investor for the home with you as part owner. Later on, when you beat your caner, you can buy him out. Hope this helps.

Scott

No amount of praying will help you Bill. You need to get the kids out of the car and into a relative's home, or even child welfare services. Then stop being such a loser and get a job instead of scamming people for money... If your story is even true, which I though roughly doubt.

No amount of praying will help you Bill. You need to get the kids out of the car and into a relative's home, or even child welfare services. Then stop being such a loser and get a job instead of scamming people for money... If your story is even true, which I though roughly doubt.

It IS true - do a little bit of research BEFORE you start mouthing off at people.

Forum List

Back