Please Help Me Fill Out The Race Part of the Food Stamps Form

First Question: Are you Hispanic or Latino?

[] Yes [] No

Second Question: What is your race?

[] American Indian or Alaska Native

[] Asian

[] Black or African American

[] Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander

[] White

This is off of the form for Food Stamps in Illinois. My question is this, as I have seen this on other forms. Why is Hispanic/Latino/ Mexican/ whatever always asked as a separate question when regarding race?

AND

......since we are feeding these people with AMERICAN tax dollars, why not ask if they or anyone else they know is...

[] An illegal who snuck into the US

[] A gang member from a foreign country

[] If they ever had anything to do with the transporatation of illegal drugs

[] If they know anyone who is involved with drugs.

....etc....etc.....!

Stop giving them something for nothing!

PS....You would think the first question they would ask is

"Are You An American"?

It is because the Liberal pinheads will always try to claim race is not involved in Government give aways.

But, this cumulative data from the survey will help them become educated about how indeed certain races have no personal qualms about getting free stuff whenever they can which is paid for by real Americans.

And there in lies the problem. In my opinion if you cant afford children you have no danm business having them. Period.

I agree, I also think you shouldn't have children if you are going to need to get on assistance to raise them.

i added an edit, lol

I agree with you. To many have no concept of it affording children. It is far to easy to put your had out and have others pay for the children you have.

I have seen too many young women just go ahead and get pregnant without even looking 1 day ahead, not to mention thinking about whats going to happen when the baby is born, and the guys they chose to mate with were real gems as well.:doubt:

Whats the benefit of having children nowadays?

One of my twins plays football (Dads game), as tall as they are at 13 (5' 11") he wanted to be a reciever, well he sucked at it, his huge feet got in the way. But he stuck it out and the coach made him a DT (defensive tackle). He went from
game 1] Everyone gets to play
game 2] started the 2nd 1/2
game 3] starter relief
game 4] starter

game 6] He got caught in a trap block on a sweep play. He went from face down to on his feet to ~ 85 yards down the feild, stripped the ball and rammed the other kid face first into the dust.

Kids are an awsome source of pride.

That is directly related to family dysfunction.

There are a few different things at work when girls get pregnant....one can be that their own family is messed up, they're desperate for a way out, they fall for the first yahoo that can talk them into bed and then their family, instead of helping to raise the child, just turns them over to the welfare system and opts out of any responsibility.

Then there are the girls who come from good, solid families who have a momentary lapse of judgement and end up being parents earlier than they would have ideally. These kids have supportive families who take on the responsibility of the pregnancy and the baby, who are supportive of the mother with an eye towards helping her succeed, and who can either provide loving support for the baby, or who support the mom in putting the baby up for adoption.

So it's a complicated issue. There's no cure for it. But I know which way is HEALTHIEST for everyone involved, including the baby. It's for us to accept responsibility for our own kids and our own mistakes, and work as families to do what we can to help our kids of all ages succeed. That means shouldering the burden of unexpected babies. We're humans. We do have children.

One of my twins plays football (Dads game), as tall as they are at 13 (5' 11") he wanted to be a reciever, well he sucked at it, his huge feet got in the way. But he stuck it out and the coach made him a DT (defensive tackle). He went from
game 3] starter relief
game 4] starter

game 6] He got caught in a trap block on a sweep play. He went from face down to on his feet to ~ 85 yards down the feild, stripped the ball and rammed the other kid face first into the dust.

You are lucky, some people have kids that are always in trouble and they are always at Juvenile Justice in the court room.

That is directly related to family dysfunction.

There are a few different things at work when girls get pregnant....one can be that their own family is messed up, they're desperate for a way out, they fall for the first yahoo that can talk them into bed and then their family, instead of helping to raise the child, just turns them over to the welfare system and opts out of any responsibility.

Then there are the girls who come from good, solid families who have a momentary lapse of judgement and end up being parents earlier than they would have ideally. These kids have supportive families who take on the responsibility of the pregnancy and the baby, who are supportive of the mother with an eye towards helping her succeed, and who can either provide loving support for the baby, or who support the mom in putting the baby up for adoption.

So it's a complicated issue. There's no cure for it. But I know which way is HEALTHIEST for everyone involved, including the baby. It's for us to accept responsibility for our own kids and our own mistakes, and work as families to do what we can to help our kids of all ages succeed. That means shouldering the burden of unexpected babies. We're humans. We do have children.

Unexpected pregnancies have happened since the beginning of time and will always be there, I know some dysfunctional families that are ok with their children getting pregnant as long as they get first dibs on the food stamps and welfare check, its a revolving door.

I forget who wrote it but the only requirement be that you are a US tax payer in this country legally. You race, color or the other BS doesn't matter if you qualify. If you are not a legal US citizen, go home.

I do too.

I know quite a few families like that.

But again, it has to do with mindset. The resentment I hear from people who think these poor people are living high on the hog is misdirected. They are living like animals, and I think it would be for the good of EVERYBODY if each person, personally, would look at this issue and do what they can to help those people.

We've pawned it off on the state, and the state isn't up for the challenge; just as we've pawned our old people off on the state. The responsibility for these people is with US, individually. You don't foist people onto the system, then piss and moan when they become addicted to it.

I speak very straight to my clients; but most of these families are incapable of learning much from such limited guidance and support. People require a LOT of support to succeed, even in ideal situations. Plop them down in squalor, give them a little PTSD, maybe ADHD, a good dose of familial alcoholism, perhaps a learning disorder, and see how they function.

They don't. And we can't make it better by kicking them. That's not to say I don't believe in welfare reform; but it's the whole attitude that is wrong. Charity is so lacking, and that's too bad because charity is the only thing that is going to pull these people up...and it won't pull them all up. Most of them are so far in the pit they'll never get out.

game 3] starter relief
game 4] starter

You are lucky, some people have kids that are always in trouble and they are always at Juvenile Justice in the court room.

It's called parenting skills.

Growing up with a welfare queen as a mom and the occasional babies daddy, isn't going to work.

Single mothers get more than married families, even if the need is greater for the couple. thus women that turn to the goverment for support will not get married.

How could anyone look up to a woman that whores herself to the government for money?
How can a boy learn to be a man when he has no examples to go by?
How can a girl become a woman, let alone a lady, when that is her example?

and people get pissed at me when I call those on welfare slaves to the system.

How many people on welfare, that you knew, have gotten off?

Granted, getting off of stamps is much easier than getting off of welfare.

I forget who wrote it but the only requirement be that you are a US tax payer in this country legally. You race, color or the other BS doesn't matter if you qualify. If you are not a legal US citizen, go home.

What about the disabled?
Or the pregnant non-citizens? You want them to show up at the ER to have their baby the night you sever an artery and need emergency assitance?

And what about the non-citizens suffering from hepatitis, TB, parasitical infections, AIDS? You want them floating around with no access to health care? After all, their kids might be sitting next to yours in class.

The car ride I just had home from picking up my son from pre school. The benefit is when he gave me a big smile when I picked him up, and the conversation we had about using the big boy potty, and what he did at school.
Now, I have to get the big boy lunch, and enjoy every minute of it. :D

PreSchool? Do American taxpayers foot the bill for that nonsense?

game 3] starter relief
game 4] starter

It's called parenting skills.

Growing up with a welfare queen as a mom and the occasional babies daddy, isn't going to work.

Single mothers get more than married families, even if the need is greater for the couple. thus women that turn to the goverment for support will not get married.

How could anyone look up to a woman that whores herself to the government for money?
How can a boy learn to be a man when he has no examples to go by?
How can a girl become a woman, let alone a lady, when that is her example?

and people get pissed at me when I call those on welfare slaves to the system.

How many people on welfare, that you knew, have gotten off?

Granted, getting off of stamps is much easier than getting off of welfare.

Food stamps and welfare are two different programs completely, and I noticed the people that hate on them don't understand that, the two are not hand in hand.

[Unexpected pregnancies have happened since the beginning of time and will always be there, I know some dysfunctional families that are ok with their children getting pregnant as long as they get first dibs on the food stamps and welfare check, its a revolving door.

There is no such thing as an "unexpected" pregnancy. You rolled the dice and you lost!

The majority of FS recipients are children, and the majority of adults who get them are employed.

[Unexpected pregnancies have happened since the beginning of time and will always be there, I know some dysfunctional families that are ok with their children getting pregnant as long as they get first dibs on the food stamps and welfare check, its a revolving door.

There is no such thing as an "unexpected" pregnancy. You rolled the dice and you lost!

A woman in that situation is in a lose/lose, if she gets an abortion she is ridiculed and if she keeps the child and goes on assistance, she is ridiculed even more so.

A woman in that situation is in a lose/lose, if she gets an abortion she is ridiculed and if she keeps the child and goes on assistance, she is ridiculed even more so.

They gotta stay on top of the birth control situation.

First Question: Are you Hispanic or Latino?

[] Yes [] No

Second Question: What is your race?

[] American Indian or Alaska Native

[] Asian

[] Black or African American

[] Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander

[] White

This is off of the form for Food Stamps in Illinois. My question is this, as I have seen this on other forms. Why is Hispanic/Latino/ Mexican/ whatever always asked as a separate question when regarding race?

AND

......since we are feeding these people with AMERICAN tax dollars, why not ask if they or anyone else they know is...

[] An illegal who snuck into the US

[] A gang member from a foreign country

[] If they ever had anything to do with the transporatation of illegal drugs

[] If they know anyone who is involved with drugs.

....etc....etc.....!

Stop giving them something for nothing!

PS....You would think the first question they would ask is

"Are You An American"?

I love it when people attack people on food stamps.
You do realize many people who work, and people who are apart of our military are on foodstamps?

And they say liberals want more government involvement.

Do different races or ethnicities starve differently?

Race should not be a factor in determining who recieves food stamps

Forum List

Back