Please Give Me Your Views On Us Gun Laws

mdw99

Rookie
Sep 28, 2014
Hi. I'm a 15 yr old from Scotland doing a project on whether US gun laws should be stricter. I would be grateful if you could help me by answering the following questions:
1. What state do you live in.
2. What age are you?
3. Are you male or female?
4. Do you think US gun laws should be changed and why?
Many thanks

The only gun law we need is the existing 2nd Amendment to our Constitution. It applies to all non-minor citizens of sound mind and body with lack of felony convictions and not to those incarcerated. It does not apply in all public places or private establishments that do not allow weapons to be carried by all.

Hi. I'm a 15 yr old from Scotland doing a project on whether US gun laws should be stricter. I would be grateful if you could help me by answering the following questions:
2. What age are you?
Many thanks

1. California and Ohio
2. Nearly 50
3. Male

As to #4, there are actually relatively fewer Federal gun laws on the books. Most laws pertaining to the manufacture and use of fireams are at the state, county and local levels.

That said, I believe all guns laws should be far less strict and should pertain to government owned property ONLY. That is, no government, at any level, should be able to pass laws to restrict (or encourage for that matter) the ownership or use of a firearm on private property. As long as a person is not hurting nor taking from another, they ought to be able to own and use any type of firearm as much as they like. After all, if I'm not infringing on your rights, why should you get to infringe on mine?

With regard to the ownership, maintenance and use of firearms on public property, that is a state/local issue, subject to the Constitution of that particular state, as long as it doesn't conflict with the 2nd amendment.

1. North Carolina
2. Older than dirt and twice as clean
3. Male
4. The crisis we have is a cultural one. I don't believe laws change culture, so no, tinkering with laws doesn't address the root problem at all. It sidesteps the problem with the illusion of "doing something" while completely ignoring the disease itself.

2. What age are you?
Many thanks

What are your laws and how do you think they impact crime and culture there?

Thanks.

I'm not doing your homework for you...

I will, however, correct your grammar... "more strict" not "stricter."

2. What age are you?
Many thanks

1. Virginia
2. 30
3. Male
4. No. The violent crime problem stems from the left trying to nationalize education and strip it of any normative values instilling aspects while the right refuses to support any meaningful programs to address poverty, employment, health & mental wellness type social programs. Adding on more layers of gun laws is just another effort to put the toothpaste back in the tube that would fail. There are a great many laws/policies that need to be changed instead of gun laws. Since that won't happen, however, in a society that is more oriented toward their party winning elections than what the party stands for or attempts to achieve differently, I would be entirely okay with outlawing all guns, including the ones I own, just with the hope that every politician would lose their seat and we can start over again.

California
None of your beeswax!
Male
We need less gun laws. Everyone should be allowed unrestricted concealed carry.

:thup:

California
None of your beeswax!
Male
We need less gun laws. Everyone should be allowed unrestricted concealed carry.

:thup:

A tip for the OP: based on the above poster's use of the phrase "none of your beeswax" I'd place his age at approximately 107.

1) GA
2) 23
3) Female
4) There really doesn't need to me more legislation, just more education. As my husband would say, if you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns. :)

We're doing it wrong.

10456231_908208329206733_617540914216352574_n_zps38f11938.jpg

2. What age are you?
Many thanks

How about this Scottie, you tell us what myths you believe about the gun laws here in the Colonies and we will tell you how stupid you are.

Forum List

Back