Please Direct Potential Voters To Free Photo ID

If you cannot do that anything else is a poor attempt by Republicans to require the equivalent of a poll tax. If it costs anything it should be outlawed. Poor people are entitled to cast a vote. During too much of our history elderly or poverty stricken people were denied a vote for various reasons.

No matter how you try to spin, the voters simply don't see a problem with requiring a valid ID to vote. People just aren't as stupid as you think they are.

No one is fooled.

Thank goodmess the Democrats aren't fooled by this Republican scheme to keep people who ordinarily vote Democrat away from the polls. That's all it is.....that's all it ever was

If you cannot do that anything else is a poor attempt by Republicans to require the equivalent of a poll tax. If it costs anything it should be outlawed. Poor people are entitled to cast a vote. During too much of our history elderly or poverty stricken people were denied a vote for various reasons.

Do we really want an adult who isn't responsible enough to have some kind of photo ID voting?

Seriously, what kind of bottom feeder gets through life without a photo ID?

Do we really want an adult who isn't responsible enough to have some kind of photo ID voting?

A number of democrat voters apparently.

There is a law against poll taxes.
All of the states who require ID's is offered for free.
Dems are always saying they are for helping the elderly and poor.
I don't see them proposing anything to help the elderly or poor to get ID's. You need photo ID's for a whole bunch of things besides voting.

No matter how you try to spin, the voters simply don't see a problem with requiring a valid ID to vote. People just aren't as stupid as you think they are.

No one is fooled.

Thank goodmess the Democrats aren't fooled by this Republican scheme to keep people who ordinarily vote Democrat away from the polls. That's all it is.....that's all it ever was

Never mind that it was a whole bunch of Dems who claimed voter fraud and intimidation during the 2008 elections.

There are some seriously poor folks out there who cant get to places to get those id's. That is the point by both parties really.

Too poor to get to a DMV to get a free ID once every 5 years?

That's reaaaaallllyyyyy a stretch.

Actually its not free everywhere. Your state decides that. I think in Kansas its 8 dollars.

With regards to poor people not being able to vote all I can say is who on this board would not pull 8 dollars out of there pocket for a obvious poor person at the DMV trying to get an ID to vote???

Government doesnt solve problems, people solve problems.

That's the most "Let Them Eat Cake" remark I've heard since Barbara Bush pulled off her little quip during the hurricane Katrina. You people absolutely have no shame.

Most poor people I see are driving Cadillacs
You're telling us they don't have a photo ID/valid driver's license?

Here's a whole group of people who can't get a picture ID:

cemetery.jpg

You should live here in the edge of the appalachian mountains of east Tennessee and the edge of Kentucky and Virginia. People like you have fallen for the goddamed Republican lies and have no clue about what really goes on in this country. Anybody who believes everyone who doesn't have a photo ID should not be allowed to vote just doesn't get it.

I see what they buy....rice and beans in 25-40 pound bags, whatever they can do the best on at any given time.

Last edited:

That's the most "Let Them Eat Cake" remark I've heard since Barbara Bush pulled off her little quip during the hurricane Katrina. You people absolutely have no shame.
How do poor people get government benefits without a photo ID?

You should live here in the edge of the appalachian mountains of east Tennessee and the edge of Kentucky and Virginia. People like you have fallen for the goddamed Republican lies and have no clue about what really goes on in this country. Anybody who believes everyone who doesn't have a photo ID should not be allowed to vote just doesn't get it.

I see what they buy....rice and beans in 25-40 pound bags, whatever they can do the best on at any given time.

You had to have a photo ID to get food stamps, asswipe.

It doesn't cost anything to get a photo ID. Whether a drivers license, a gun permit, etc. The dems whining makes no sense. If everyone needs to show a photo ID its a fair requirement.

I recall when GOP operatives were videotaping polling places to document multiple voters, and the dems had that stopped as intrusive. Yet Black Panthers can stand outside a polling place with clubs and the dems do nothing?!

It's just the start of an upcoming year of voting corruption. What about this one: :eek:

Obama Creates Hotline to Help Detained Illegal Aliens

The hotline is for lawbreaking illegal aliens who have invaded our country. If we manage to catch them and detain them, the Obama Administration is providing this taxpayer-funded hotline to offer assistance to those who have shown contempt for our nation’s sovereignty and laws (in other words, perfect friends for our current president).

Why does it seem like our own president has more sympathy with foreigners than he does with his own people?

http://www.americanclarion.com/2012/01/01/obama-creates-hotline-to-help-detained-illegal-aliens/

If it makes you feel any smarter or stronger to call me names have at it. The facts are that Republicans are trying to keep potential Democrat votes away from the polls.....PERIOD

There are some seriously poor folks out there who cant get to places to get those id's. That is the point by both parties really.

Then they can't get to the polls either and there is no issue.

That simply is not true.

There are countless polling places in locations where there is no DMV or similar ID-issuing office for perhaps hundreds of miles (notably in Alaska). Even in the most remote of places there is still postal service so absentee ballots can be cast. BTW, how do you vote absentee without showing some official a photo-ID? Or are those on vacation out of the country or perhaps housebound no longer to be allowed to vote?

In any case, in most places photo ID is not free. A driver's license costs big bucks in some places and requires passing a written test. So.....is literacy now mandatory to vote because without it you can't get a license? State ID cards almost always have a price tag (in addition to the travel to get one). Exception; in some states ID is free if you're over 65 but you still have to get to where they're issued.

Solution: Traveling gubbmint agents with cameras and laminating machines strapped on their backs going village-to-village prior to elections.

Yeah.

Right.

Most villages have a Post Office or similar agency. They also have access to VPOs. It doesn't seem like there is absolutely no solution to villagers having access to free IDs. Hell, they get most everything else the government can give for "free".
Oh, what about the idea that each village, each "tribe" be self-governing? They want the right to decide about such issues as fostering and adoption, they want to be able to govern themselves and judge those accused of crimes and to punish criminals at their discretion. Seems like they'd be able to figure out how to legitimize their inhabitants for voting.
Or, might just be like hunting licenses. Not many of those sold in the villages, either, but it seems like they all hunt.

Every state that has passed the voter ID requirement has made it free to get a state issued picture ID.

Fact. Not opinion.

Anything else?

Yes.

Do those states offer availability in EVERY community at least periodically? If not and expensive travel is required to get to such a place, does each state reimburse those who are able to make the trip? If not, then it's a de-facto poll tax, discriminating against rural residents.

If photo ID were FREE and EASILY available I'd have no complaint.

Until, of course, one of Obama's Brown Shirts stalks up to me and demands to see "your papers!".

At every state building that offers photo ID's.

There are 5 within a 30 mile radius of me. Closest one is 10 miles.

Too poor to make it 10 miles once every 5 years? No. But I'll believe too lazy :thup:

Henry is addressing Alaska, specifically. Alaska is more than just big. There are many small villages accessible only by air, or sometimes water. Hell, our capital, Juneau, is like that. There are solutions, all expensive, but it only takes the will of the State Legislature to recognize and deal with the problem. Of course, we are talking about a constituency that has been persuaded to sell their votes for a coupon offering $5 of free fuel. (Tony Knowles, 1994)

If it makes you feel any smarter or stronger to call me names have at it. The facts are that Republicans are trying to keep potential Democrat votes away from the polls.....PERIOD
I didn't call you names. Can you answer my question, please?

How do poor people get government benefits without a photo ID?

A number of democrat voters apparently.

Too stupid, too lazy, too incapable of serving themselves, they must be served by the government they vote to put in place.
Benjamin Franklin said it well: "When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."

Forum List

Back