Please Direct Potential Voters To Free Photo ID

Cammmpbell

Sep 13, 2011
If you cannot do that anything else is a poor attempt by Republicans to require the equivalent of a poll tax. If it costs anything it should be outlawed. Poor people are entitled to cast a vote. During too much of our history elderly or poverty stricken people were denied a vote for various reasons.

If you cannot do that anything else is a poor attempt by Republicans to require the equivalent of a poll tax. If it costs anything it should be outlawed. Poor people are entitled to cast a vote. During too much of our history elderly or poverty stricken people were denied a vote for various reasons.

It doesn't cost anything to get a photo ID. Whether a drivers license, a gun permit, etc. The dems whining makes no sense. If everyone needs to show a photo ID its a fair requirement.

I recall when GOP operatives were videotaping polling places to document multiple voters, and the dems had that stopped as intrusive. Yet Black Panthers can stand outside a polling place with clubs and the dems do nothing?!

It doesn't cost anything to get a photo ID. Whether a drivers license, a gun permit, etc. The dems whining makes no sense. If everyone needs to show a photo ID its a fair requirement.

I recall when GOP operatives were videotaping polling places to document multiple voters, and the dems had that stopped as intrusive. Yet Black Panthers can stand outside a polling place with clubs and the dems do nothing?!

You're about as wrong as wrong gets. Everything with a photo costs money. How about you name one which doesn't....that's what the thread asks.

What about people who don't fly or drive or own a credit card. What about old poverty stricken people. There are a lot more of them now after the bank cave in.This is the United States of America and they are still entitled to vote.

It really isn't necessary in my opinion to be required to show a stupid ID just to vote. That isn't some partisan slant either, rather, an objection to the police state and the paranoia that has brought us such measures.

You're about as wrong as wrong gets. Everything with a photo costs money. How about you name one which doesn't....that's what the thread asks.

What about people who don't fly or drive or own a credit card. What about old poverty stricken people. There are a lot more of them now after the bank cave in.This is the United States of America and they are still entitled to vote.

Gun permits are free. You simply do the paperwork and go for the permit. You have just been proven wrong. IMHO any state that requires a photo ID on their voter registration card needs to provide the voter ID cards. Its not a "poll tax" ITS FREE.

There are some seriously poor folks out there who cant get to places to get those id's. That is the point by both parties really.

There are some seriously poor folks out there who cant get to places to get those id's. That is the point by both parties really.

Too poor to get to a DMV to get a free ID once every 5 years?

That's reaaaaallllyyyyy a stretch.

Then they can't get to the polls either and there is no issue.

That simply is not true.

There are countless polling places in locations where there is no DMV or similar ID-issuing office for perhaps hundreds of miles (notably in Alaska). Even in the most remote of places there is still postal service so absentee ballots can be cast. BTW, how do you vote absentee without showing some official a photo-ID? Or are those on vacation out of the country or perhaps housebound no longer to be allowed to vote?

In any case, in most places photo ID is not free. A driver's license costs big bucks in some places and requires passing a written test. So.....is literacy now mandatory to vote because without it you can't get a license? State ID cards almost always have a price tag (in addition to the travel to get one). Exception; in some states ID is free if you're over 65 but you still have to get to where they're issued.

Solution: Traveling gubbmint agents with cameras and laminating machines strapped on their backs going village-to-village prior to elections.

Yeah.

Right.

You dont have to go to a poll to vote skippy.

Then how do they get the absentee ballots w/o a photo ID? The dems want illegals to vote. Ever hear of the Cook County saying "Vote Early - Vote Often"??

Here is another theory. The dems want to get illegals to the polls.
Horne: Obama wants illegal immigrants to vote in Arizona | Tea Party Tribune - Tea Party & Political News

That simply is not true.

There are countless polling places in locations where there is no DMV or similar ID-issuing office for perhaps hundreds of miles (notably in Alaska). Even in the most remote of places there is still postal service so absentee ballots can be cast. BTW, how do you vote absentee without showing some official a photo-ID? Or are those on vacation out of the country or perhaps housebound no longer to be allowed to vote?

In any case, in most places photo ID is not free. A driver's license costs big bucks in some places and requires passing a written test. So.....is literacy now mandatory to vote because without it you can't get a license? State ID cards almost always have a price tag (in addition to the travel to get one). Exception; in some states ID is free if you're over 65 but you still have to get to where they're issued.

Solution: Traveling gubbmint agents with cameras and laminating machines strapped on their backs going village-to-village prior to elections.

Yeah.

Right.

Every state that has passed the voter ID requirement has made it free to get a state issued picture ID.

Fact. Not opinion.

Anything else?

Every state that has passed the voter ID requirement has made it free to get a state issued picture ID.

Fact. Not opinion.

Anything else?

Yes.

Do those states offer availability in EVERY community at least periodically? If not and expensive travel is required to get to such a place, does each state reimburse those who are able to make the trip? If not, then it's a de-facto poll tax, discriminating against rural residents.

If photo ID were FREE and EASILY available I'd have no complaint.

Until, of course, one of Obama's Brown Shirts stalks up to me and demands to see "your papers!".

Fact. Not opinion.

Anything else?

Yes.

Do those states offer availability in EVERY community at least periodically? If not and expensive travel is required to get to such a place, does each state reimburse those who are able to make the trip? If not, then it's a de-facto poll tax, discriminating against rural residents.

If photo ID were FREE and EASILY available I'd have no complaint.

Until, of course, one of Obama's Brown Shirts stalks up to me and demands to see "your papers!".

At every state building that offers photo ID's.

There are 5 within a 30 mile radius of me. Closest one is 10 miles.

Too poor to make it 10 miles once every 5 years? No. But I'll believe too lazy :thup:

Too poor to make it 10 miles once every 5 years? No. But I'll believe too lazy :thup:

How about that! I have relatives in Alaska who live in a village where the closest state office building is over 500 miles away. I imagine if they started walking now they might get to such a place and walk back home in time to vote. Oh, there is NO road; no railroad and a ticket on a bush airline costs (round trip) $525.

Sorry to see your knowledge of geography is limited to the area within 30-miles of your home. You really should get out more.

How about that! I have relatives in Alaska who live in a village where the closest state office building is over 500 miles away. I imagine if they started walking now they might get to such a place and walk back home in time to vote. Oh, there is NO road; no railroad and a ticket on a bush airline costs (round trip) $525.

Sorry to see your knowledge of geography is limited to the area within 30-miles of your home. You really should get out more.

Does Alaska have a voter photo ID law?

I'll go ahead and answer for you. "No".

Keep swinging sparky :thup:

Last edited:

Of course it doesn't and it won't have one without being coerced by the feds.

But it's nice to see that you still support poll taxes. They were declared unconstitutional some 50 years ago but your warm little spot in the past must be wonderfully comfortable.

Of course it doesn't and it won't have one without being coerced by the feds.

But it's nice to see that you still support poll taxes. They were declared unconstitutional some 50 years ago but your warm little spot in the past must be wonderfully comfortable.

Strawman.

You lose.

Forum List

Back