Plastic bag ban, don't let this insanity happen to you

No one should care what people use for lightbulbs and grocery bags, and recycling should be 100% choice

I'm reminded of my Brownie leader training. Let the children vote on what they want for breakfast. Give them three choices which are nutritious, easy to prepare, and cost effective. The kids will feel like they have input and a choice, but in reality I picked the items they got to choose from.

You chose from what's available, but in reality you only get to choose from what is offered. You have the illusion of choice.

You're way off, first of all the cost is minimal and really is no one else's business. You really need to stop being a control freak it makes you look like a fucking progressesive. Lol

About a decade ago, the voters here approved a bond issue to build a new power plant. To pay for the 30-year bond, electric rates when up 18%. That's not minimal. And, there's no reason anyone would want to avoid LEDs, other than ignorance.

Why don't you start a topic where you can b1tch about the existence of traffic laws and building regulations.
You really need to concern yourself about something that matters, like I said I've been using in the same light bulbs for 20+ years, they cost me just over 20 bucks for a pack of 25 of them, they cost only pennies a day to use. I can't see where it is anybodys else's business what lightbulbs anybody uses?

No one should care what people use for lightbulbs and grocery bags, and recycling should be 100% choice

I'm reminded of my Brownie leader training. Let the children vote on what they want for breakfast. Give them three choices which are nutritious, easy to prepare, and cost effective. The kids will feel like they have input and a choice, but in reality I picked the items they got to choose from.

You chose from what's available, but in reality you only get to choose from what is offered. You have the illusion of choice.
Yes, these lightbulbs are an easy choice. The store is closest to me 60+ miles away the people that run it are great it's a no-brainer.

If you listen to radio much - I like have it on while washing/dressing in the morning - beware the LED lamps. They generate strong radio-frequency interference and will drown out many stations. OK for most locations but ya gotta be selective. Big thing is that there are many styles of incandescent lamps for which there are no LED equivalents. Some applications where they just won't fit. If you have any such lamps or locations best buy a lifetime supply while you can. Why? Because after Obama has his gender change surgery The Democrat Party is gonna run him again 'cause he won't be the same "person". Of course there remains the possibility She will executive-order the shutdown of all electricity.....

BTW, those spendy cloth bags? They make disposing of litter box crap prohibitively expensive so you have some choices, one of which is finding a closet in which to compost it. Otherwise, you can buy 1,000 throw-away bags online for under $20 and reuse them each once; for the cat shit.

The only obligation government has is to protect your natural rights. Anything else it does is tyranny.

I have a natural right to breath clean air and drink clean water. Tyranny is when the government forces people to violate sincerely held beliefs.

The only obligation government has is to protect your natural rights. Anything else it does is tyranny.

I have a natural right to breath clean air and drink clean water. Tyranny is when the government forces people to violate sincerely held beliefs.
You really should mind your own business, what someone uses for lightbulbs is none of yours

Then you should sue whomever is making your air or water dirty. Forcing people to buy LEDs isn't protecting any conceivable right of yours.

So you oppose the law that says a baker has to bake a cake for a gay wedding?

If you listen to radio much - I like have it on while washing/dressing in the morning - beware the LED lamps. They generate strong radio-frequency interference and will drown out many stations.

LEDs themselves are solid state devices that only work with direct current (or, at least, one-way current). They are incapable of producing radio-frequency interference.

A base that controls the LED could be designed in a way that causes radio-frequency interference. It's simple, if your LED bulb is causing problems, switch brands. Next time try to be a little smarter.

Big thing is that there are many styles of incandescent lamps for which there are no LED equivalents. Some applications where they just won't fit. If you have any such lamps or locations best buy a lifetime supply while you can.

Another dim statement. As long as there is a demand, someone will provide a bulb that fits. LEDs now come in all common styles. And, incandescent bulbs will still be made until LEDs replace them for the uncommon styles. No need to stock up, unless you're just afraid that one day you'll have to save time and money by finding nothing but an LED in the store to buy.

Why? Because after Obama has his gender change surgery The Democrat Party is gonna run him again 'cause he won't be the same "person". Of course there remains the possibility She will executive-order the shutdown of all electricity.....

I'm so f1cking glad you know where to pick your battles, like the right to screw yourself with obsolete lighting technology, when there's other things you could be fighting for instead.

This lunacy extends to Mpls. Where the city is considering a fee after state blocked bag ban.
Minneapolis considering plastic bag fee after state blocked bag ban

And I continue to oppose this nonsense. It is ridiculous people can't even choose what bags to get
All stores that give plastic bags take them for recycling. Last I heard paper bags recycle. Guess I don't get what these bans are hoping to accomplish.

The idiots don't realize that the plastic bags are made from a waste product of the oil refining process. If they don't use it to make bags, it still has to go somewhere!

And I sincerely believe I don't care what you think is your natural right is. You want to infringe on my rights just to satisfy your BS agenda....good luck.

And I sincerely believe I don't care what you think is your natural right is. You want to infringe on my rights just to satisfy your BS agenda....good luck.

You poor mentally ill person, no government is trying to make you care what I think is my natural right. And, you poor mentally ill person, you have no right to make someone sell you something. Seek help.

You poor mentally ill person, no government is trying to make you care what I think is my natural right. And, you poor mentally ill person, you have no right to make someone sell you something. Seek help.

You vote to make our government compel us to comply with your idiotic thinking.

You have no right to prevent anyone from selling whatever products he wants to sell. That includes incandescent light bulbs,

This lunacy extends to Mpls. Where the city is considering a fee after state blocked bag ban.
Minneapolis considering plastic bag fee after state blocked bag ban

And I continue to oppose this nonsense. It is ridiculous people can't even choose what bags to get
All stores that give plastic bags take them for recycling. Last I heard paper bags recycle. Guess I don't get what these bans are hoping to accomplish.

The idiots don't realize that the plastic bags are made from a waste product of the oil refining process. If they don't use it to make bags, it still has to go somewhere!
I think they are actually made from ethylene, which has lots of other uses.

You have no right to prevent anyone from selling whatever products he wants to sell. That includes incandescent light bulbs,

I haven't heard any sellers complain. If they did complain, it would only be because 1 LED replaces 20 incandescent bulbs, over time. It would only be because they want to make money off of idiots.

You're one of the very few people who want all manner of drugs legalized. At least drugs have some value, from fun to medicating. Incandescent bulbs have no value relative to LEDs, except if you have an old Easy Bake oven.

You're on of the very few people who want every recalled toy back on the market. "So what if it kills children, everyone should be able to sell whatever they want."

It takes on average 3 of these
11111.jpg
filled to the brim to take the waste from building the average family home.
A typical family will fill several per year with typical non recyclable materials. All types of plastics, heavy metals, hazardous chemicals are illegally dumped into the trash by those who ignore what is allowed in trash.
Our dumpsters are hit with illegal trash on weekends of which my boss is liable for the cost of the illegal trash.
Point is...these bans of bags or lightbulbs are pointless. There are bigger fish to fry than feel good policies which have no real effect on helping the environment.
However. If a LED or a reusable shopping bag help you think you are saving the earth. Well, good for you and your delusion that you made a difference.

I'm no 'Global Warming' cult member, but i do feel we have a massive pollution problem. Plastic pollution especially, is shockingly lethal. So i don't have a problem with folks bringing their own non-plastic bags to stores. However, i am a bit uncomfortable with Government forcing a ban on them.

I would prefer Government maybe offer tax break incentives to businesses who voluntarily remove them. And they should be able to charge customers for the use of bags, if they don't bring their own. We gotta get this plastic pollution thing under control. But in the end, i can't support Government over-reaches like this one. We've now given Government too much power & control. We need to start reversing that, before it's too late.

How about we grind 'em up , form 'em into little flakes and sell them as organic breakfast fodder for liberals? Oil is, after all, organic and liberals will eat anything they think might save the planet. Wouldn't matter if the cereal were to be toxic. In fact, a possible additional upside!

They're mostly just BS. Another example is recycling glass, or so I hear. We use more energy to recycle than pulling out new, and supply is plenty.
Untrue. Recycling glass uses less energy than making new glass. (Also, obviously, it saves landfill space.)

Forum List

Back