Planned Parenthood refused educational dollars

I only ask since this was around 2003 when the big brouhaha abstinance only education that the Bush Administration was trying to push was going on.

So I can see where they are coming from.

Why are you surprised? I don't expect the Catholic Church to accept money to promote abortions.

It simply points out they are a franchise solely concerned with promoting abortion; not with family health or patient safety.

Planned Parenthood has no interest in abstinence. They are interested in advancing education over safe sex, contraception, and abortion.

While you might disagree with that, they are under no obligation to adopt your worldview. There are plenty of advocacy groups that support what you believe in.

I don't really see what you are griping about.

But you wouldn't because your moral compass is pointed south

And abstinence until marriage is the only 100 percent effective way to prevent pregnancy before marriage. But Planned Parenthood doesn't want kids to know that.

And not breathing is the only 100% effective way to prevent lung cancer.

Meanwhile, back on planet Earth......................
You're equating pregnancy with lung cancer? Really?

No.

I am pointing out reductio ad absurdum.

But keep telling people to not have sex until they are married. The church has been doing that for centuries and it's certainly been 100% effective.

/sarcasm

It simply points out they are a franchise solely concerned with promoting abortion; not with family health or patient safety.

Planned Parenthood has no interest in abstinence. They are interested in advancing education over safe sex, contraception, and abortion.

While you might disagree with that, they are under no obligation to adopt your worldview. There are plenty of advocacy groups that support what you believe in.

I don't really see what you are griping about.

But you wouldn't because your moral compass is pointed south

Do you support the death penalty? Did you support Iraq?

If so, spare me your lectures on morality.

Delaying sex until socially, emotionally AND intellectually mature should be the goal of any sex ed program. It does not have to mean marriage (as many are postponing that til 30) but certainly pushing condoms on 10 year olds is something PP would support. That is wrong and harmful to society and the children themselves. Studies show a combination approach is the most effective. Why does PP reject the science? Abortion money? Or something more perverted like the sexualization of children?

(No I don't have a link but numerous studies are out there) Besides, it just makes sense.

That saddens but does not surprise me. I've read numerous accounts of pregnant young women going to PP for advice and never given info on adoption as a "choice" They make no money on that. When people say "no one is pro-abortion" I cry "horseshit" People who profit from it, are not "pro choice" They are "anti life"

As I've mentioned before, I am pro choice. In fact, for years we gave money to PP. Then I discovered how corrupt they were. Instaed we now give to Catholic Social Services who still believes in adoption.

Sex education is important and teen pregnancy is cause for concern. But what they are doing, aint working.

in my humble opinion.....

correction....

what Parent's are teaching their OWN CHILDREN is not working....

amazing...they refused money and you bitch.....but when a conservative org refuses money its their right blah blah fucking blah judge fucking mental blah

so they should take the money and be forced to teach something that does not work...birth control when used property is 99% effective.....something you seem to be forgetting...absintence only is how effective...show me the figures then show me the money??/ how much money was wasted on abs. education? and how effective was it?

amazing...they refused money and you bitch.....but when a conservative org refuses money its their right blah blah fucking blah judge fucking mental blah

so they should take the money and be forced to teach something that does not work...birth control when used property is 99% effective.....something you seem to be forgetting...absintence only is how effective...show me the figures then show me the money??/ how much money was wasted on abs. education? and how effective was it?

That was the point I was trying to make.

Here's a study we discussed a few months ago from the Journal of Adolescent and Pediatric Medicine.

"This new study is game-changing," said Sarah Brown, who leads the National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy. "For the first time, there is strong evidence that an abstinence-only intervention can help very young teens delay sex."

The study is the first to evaluate an abstinence program using a carefully designed approach comparing it with several alternative strategies and following subjects for an extended period of time, considered the kind of study that produces the highest level of scientific evidence.

Several critics of an abstinence-only approach said that the curriculum tested did not represent most abstinence programs. It did not take a moralistic tone, as many abstinence programs do. Most notably, the sessions encouraged children to delay sex until they are ready, not necessarily until married; did not portray sex outside marriage as never appropriate; and did not disparage condoms.

Only about a third of sixth- and seventh-graders who completed an abstinence-focused program started having sex within the next two years, researchers found. Nearly half of the students who attended other classes, including ones that combined information about abstinence and contraception, became sexually active.

Abstinence-only programs might work, study says - washingtonpost.com

New Topics

Forum List

Back