Lezbo Prevention Medicine

Discussion in 'Health and Lifestyle' started by chanel, Jul 4, 2010.

1. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    NYC Doctor Trying to 'Prevent Homosexuality' With Experimental Drug - Children's Health - FOXNews.com

Who are these guinea pigs? Should they even be allowed to have children? :( Should this doctor be allowed to practice?

2. sparky

sparky VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +341
    well, addadicktomys never looked like a better prospect eh?

~S~

3. RadiomanATL

RadiomanATL Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,836
    WTF?

Giving experimental drugs to pregnant women, in the hopes that the kids will turn out the way the mother's picture they should be?

WTF? My only concern with my children both pre and post birth is that they remain healthy, and know that I love them. I don't care if they think or discover they are homosexuals later in life.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    They're here.

They're queer.

Get over it.​

5. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    It's insane isn't it? There must be more to this. I'll check out that CAH and see if maybe it's fatal or something.

I believe there are extremists on both the left AND right who want to treat homosexuality like a disability. If I were gay, I would be furious.

6. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    Congenital adrenal hyperplasia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The article may have been a wee bit slanted. :cool: however, I still don't agree with experimental drug testing on fetuses. Esp. for non-fatal disorders.

7. Sarah G

Sarah G When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,957

Yours is a sane response to this ridiculous experiment..

Therein lies the problem. It will never work because there aren't enough idiots to agree to his treatment.

8. geauxtohell

geauxtohell Choose your weapon.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,155
    Wow. That article was a fabulous hack job that was obviously written by someone that didn't know what the hell they were talking about.

First off, CAH is an enzymatic block in the adrenal glands that causes a shunt in the synthesis of cholesterol to necessary hormones like aldosterone (regulates blood pressure) and androgen (testosterone and estrogen). Depending on which of the enzymes is deficient people will have an excess of one type of hormone and a deficit of another with regular symptoms (high/low blood pressure and virulization of females). Unlike sexual attraction, there is a discrete pathology here that should be treated if at all possible. It is absolutely appropriate to try and find a way to treat this. Furthermore, dexamethasone is a hormone that has been used for a long time to diagnose many conditions in the adrenals. It's not "experimental", though maybe it's use for this indication is novel.

It would be absurd to say that this has anything to do with "lezbos" or homosexuality and I'd be surprised to find if that is what the Doctor was really exploring in her research (in fact, you can read her words and see that is not her primary concern). The issue at hand is inappropriate virulization of women due to an excess of testosterone. While these woman have a more male phenotype and more male behavior, it's due to an deficiency of estrogen relative to testosterone. In other words, the majority of lesbians don't have CAH. Human sexuality is much more complicated than that.

Good lord.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2010
  9. geauxtohell

geauxtohell Choose your weapon.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,155
    Ya think? Virulization is the least concerning thing about this condition. There are a plethora of other pathological findings associated with it (hypertension) that make it worth treating.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    Interesting. Well at least this condition is getting attention even if the writer may be a whackjob.