Planned parenthood and the girl scouts

tim_duncan2000

Jan 11, 2004
Regardless of one's stance on abortion, I think this is inappropriate.
In Waco, Texas, the Bluebonnet Council allowed Planned Parenthood to use the national Girl Scout logo on posters advertising an annual "sex-education seminar" for fifth to ninth graders and gave a "woman of distinction award" to the executive director of Planned Parenthood of Central Texas.

The Nevada Frontier Council's Web site advertised a "feminist conference" starring Planned Parenthood President Gloria Feldt and a workshop on "lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgendered issues."

The Girl Scout leadership manual recommends visits to Planned Parenthood abortion clinics for Brownie troops. The Brownies program is for girls 6 to 8 years old.

Planned Parenthood's sex-education programs tend to be highly explicit and go beyond merely explaining the mechanics of pills and other devices. They encourage girls to believe they have a right to engage in premarital sex if they so choose -- a teaching that contradicts the advice of responsible parents.

http://washingtontimes.com/upi-breaking/20040627-100608-3739r.htm
Talking about premarital sex and how there is nothing wrong with it is not something they should be teaching. Although I know it has always gone on and it always will, chances are that this is contrary to what most parents are trying to teach their children.

And taking 6 to 8 year old girls to a Planned Parenthood clinic when, chances are, they don't even know much about sex and abortion (which is probably a good thing), much less the implications of it? Who's idea was that?

Girl Scouts USA should not be promoting this agenda. I'm not saying that they should promote an ultra-conservative, Christian agenda either, but trying to promote more traditional values instead of stuff like this would be a good start.

The Earlier you start preaching sex to kids, the more likely they are to start screwing. Therefore, more pregnancies will happen. Who do the kids turn to? Planned Parenthood, naturally! Planned Parenthood gets MORE visitors...their FUNDING GOES UP.

Easy.

(shrug).

I'd love for the organization to die...

Originally posted by -=d=-
The Earlier you start preaching sex to kids, the more likely they are to start screwing. Therefore, more pregnancies will happen. Who do the kids turn to? Planned Parenthood, naturally! Planned Parenthood gets MORE visitors...their FUNDING GOES UP.

Easy.

(shrug).

I'd love for the organization to die...

Abort it.

Private organization which receives no public funds/ They can do what they want as long as they break no laws.

It is about choice and responsibility folks.

Originally posted by HGROKIT
Private organization which receives no public funds/ They can do what they want as long as they break no laws.

They practice medicine (abortions) in office cubicles and many times without licenses.

I have been in their facilities a number of times.

Originally posted by NewGuy
They practice medicine (abortions) in office cubicles and many times without licenses.

I have been in their facilities a number of times.

lol - I was talking about the girl scouts - not planned parenthood!

lol - I was talking about the girl scouts - not planned parenthood!

:blowup: :blowup: :blowup: :blowup: :blowup: :blowup:

:moon4:

Much GNASHING OF TEETH on my side of the monitor now.

Planned Parenthood receives public funds - and then turns around and performs aboritons!!!!! :blowup:

If it were up to me, PP wouldn't get one red cent from the government unitl they stopped performing abortions.

Originally posted by gop_jeff
Planned Parenthood receives public funds - and then turns around and performs aboritons!!!!! :blowup:

If it were up to me, PP wouldn't get one red cent from the government unitl they stopped performing abortions.

see post above yours!

They may not be breaking laws, but talking about premarital sex when, chances are, the parents probably don't discuss (let alone encourage) it at that point and taking 6-8 year old girls to Planned Parenthood clinics and talking about abortion doesn't seem appropriate to me.

I think this is very wrong. I can't stand Planned Parenthood anyway. I still can't believe that Federal money pays for aborrtions? * year old girl do not need to know this kind of stuff. I have always felt that it is a parents job to talk to a kid about this things. Not schools,or the Girl Scouts,or Planned Parenthood.

Forum List

Back