Pizza as a vegetable....

Pizza As A Vegetable? Congress Proposes New School Lunch Bill | Fox News

That is nothing. If the GOP gains more control in Congress in 2012, I expect cigarettes will become Health Sticks. Yes, back to the good old days!

You mean the good old days when Government wasn't trying to be your nanny and tell you what to eat?

Why is this an issue? It seems like once every 15 years, we go through this, when the Reagan people tried to call ketchup a veggie, and Clinton tried to call Salsa one, and now the Obama folks are trying to call pizza one. How do we get to this craziness.

Oh, I know. It got there when the Federal Government decided that it was ITS job to run kid's lunches. So instead of just bringing a bag lunch like they did when I was growing up, nope, the government has to engineer your school lunch and decide what is going to be in it.

And pretty much like everything else the government touches, it screwed it up.

See folks this is government for you.

Now if the powers that be can call pizza and ketchup vegetables how do you think they define education?

And you wonder why our schools suck.

If ketchup can be a vegetable, why not pizza?
According to congress it is, provided it has two tablespoons of tomato paste, neglecting the fact that a tomato is a fruit. I guess they thought declaring pizza a vegetable sounds better than declaring it a fruit.

The tomatoes got tired of people speculating on their sexual orienation..

Last edited by a moderator:

That is nothing. If the GOP gains more control in Congress in 2012, I expect cigarettes will become Health Sticks. Yes, back to the good old days!

You mean the good old days when Government wasn't trying to be your nanny and tell you what to eat?

Why is this an issue? It seems like once every 15 years, we go through this, when the Reagan people tried to call ketchup a veggie, and Clinton tried to call Salsa one, and now the Obama folks are trying to call pizza one. How do we get to this craziness.

Oh, I know. It got there when the Federal Government decided that it was ITS job to run kid's lunches. So instead of just bringing a bag lunch like they did when I was growing up, nope, the government has to engineer your school lunch and decide what is going to be in it.

No, congressman in their attempt to satisfy lobbyist have to concoct these asinine schemes an explanations.

No, congressman in their attempt to satisfy lobbyist have to concoct these asinine schemes an explanations.

You really think there is a Lobbyist out there saying, "Man, what do we need to do to get kids to want to eat PIZZA?"

Seriously?

YOu think there's an Evil Pizza Cabal out there?

Come on, get real.

No, the problem is you have government giving limpdicks a little power, and they want to use it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Pizza as a vegetable....

Let's see...You got flour (wheat) and tomatoes. Can't be vegetables or anything good for you. Hmmmm... Nah, couldn't be any cronyism or market favoritism going on here.

I guess that is just enough to start getting protests from PETA that would knock OWS right out of Manhatten.

Let's try to be honest. The GOP is so determined to rid the WH of Obama that they are willing to slam anything that might come from his administration. Michelle tries to find ways to make kids healthier, and the GOP desperately comes up with something so silly as this.

Can you imagine your mom or dad telling you to finish you pizza, you need to eat more vegetables? The GOP is pulling all stops out to get the Black Man out of the White House. Even if it means leaving the economy in shambles or our kids overweight.

I assume the lynch mobs will be next?

Let's try to be honest. The GOP is so determined to rid the WH of Obama that they are willing to slam anything that might come from his administration. Michelle tries to find ways to make kids healthier, and the GOP desperately comes up with something so silly as this.

Can you imagine your mom or dad telling you to finish you pizza, you need to eat more vegetables? The GOP is pulling all stops out to get the Black Man out of the White House. Even if it means leaving the economy in shambles or our kids overweight.

Works for me.

Anything that limits the damage this man can do to the country.

You see, my thing is, I don't think that it's the government's job to manage school lunches.

Or here's a simple thing. If you are really THAT concerned- only allow certain foods to be bought with food stamps. Nothing amuses me more than seeing some welfare queen in front of me living large with her LINK Card and she's buying soda and ice cream and cakes with government money.

Now, if you limited food stamps to Healthy Foods only, you'd get rid of a lot of the problem.

Government won't do that, though.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOZ-Etb0k0Q]Obama Money - Where Did it Come From? - YouTube[/ame]

Works for me.

You see, my thing is, I don't think that it's the government's job to manage school lunches.

Or here's a simple thing. If you are really THAT concerned- only allow certain foods to be bought with food stamps. Nothing amuses me more than seeing some welfare queen in front of me living large with her LINK Card and she's buying soda and ice cream and cakes with government money.

Now, if you limited food stamps to Healthy Foods only, you'd get rid of a lot of the problem.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOZ-Etb0k0Q]Obama Money - Where Did it Come From? - YouTube[/ame]

What about the damage all this is doing to our country in the mean time?

You guys will have a 15 trillion dollar deficit to deal with at BEST. And rampant unemployment.

First, I'll say that I don't understand why the federal government is setting regulations on school menus in the first place. It should be left to the states.

Yeah, that's the real issue here that seems to be lost on everyone.

First, I'll say that I don't understand why the federal government is setting regulations on school menus in the first place. It should be left to the states.

For truly good governance in a republic, a minimum standard should be set by We, The People at large and that minimum regularly exceeded by We, The People of any given state as We compete with every other school district and state for bragging rights to 'The Best' regarding school lunches.

But that would require some semblance of fair taxation regarding education, accountability for those streams of revenue, and transparency in the politics behind any changes in the rules or the management of the programs.

For truly good governance in a republic, a minimum standard should be set by We, The People at large and that minimum regularly exceeded by We, The People of any given state as We compete with every other state for bragging rights to 'The Best State' regarding school lunches.

But that would require some semblance of fair taxation regarding education, accountability for those streams of revenue, and transparency in the politics behind any changes in the rules or the management of the programs.

To be fair, competition provides for better school systems.

For truly good governance in a republic, a minimum standard should be set by We, The People at large and that minimum regularly exceeded by We, The People of any given state as We compete with every other state for bragging rights to 'The Best State' regarding school lunches.

If a world leading republic is running a balanced economic engine, the public education provided to the masses should be among the best education programs in the world, and yet also be absolutely no competition for the private educators of the top 10% with regards to food and amenities.

Good governance is not an antithesis to profitable private enterprise, as long as minimum standards are met. In areas where government services are required in spite of a thriving private sector, like education, those who can afford to have a separate, private, and therefore better system must have the freedom to spend their resources however they see fit, but that's no reason even for those at the top to not invest heavily in the other 80% of the next work-force. If the rich kids want something worthwhile to manage when they grow up, they're going to need educated human resources to manage.

And won't it be nice for the 80% because government sets minimum standards with regards to how they're managed these days.

Works for me.

What about the damage all this is doing to our country in the mean time?

You guys will have a 15 trillion dollar deficit to deal with at BEST. And rampant unemployment.

...and instead of doing something to solve or address the country's real problems, they are voting to make Pizza a vegetable...POLITICS BEFORE COUNTRY!

If a world leading republic is running a balanced economic engine, the public education provided to the masses should be among the best education programs in the world, and yet also be absolutely no competition for the private educators of the top 10% with regards to food and amenities.

Good governance is not an antithesis to profitable private enterprise, as long as minimum standards are met. In areas where government services are required in spite of a thriving private sector, like education, those who can afford to have a separate, private, and therefore better system must have the freedom to spend their resources however they see fit, but that's no reason even for those at the top to not invest heavily in the other 80% of the next work-force. If the rich kids want something worthwhile to manage when they grow up, they're going to need educated human resources to manage.

And won't it be nice for the 80% because government sets minimum standards with regards to how they're managed these days.

Minimum standards are the norm everywhere. Healthcare is run on minimum standards, as are safety regulations to name a couple. No one ever ventures beyond the minimum standards except in terms of esthetics. Schools are beginning to all look like Harvard now, but with the same inept staff and hospitals look like spas, but the blood pressure cuff they use on you is from the stone age and the wheelchairs don't function properly. You will win a lawsuit against any of them ONLY if standards (what is actually done) fall below the minimum as standards are not outcome based.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back