Pizza as a vegetable....

You see, my thing is, I don't think that it's the government's job to manage school lunches

I would agree with that. But, here's the thing.....You really think that the legislature trying to define pizza as a vegetable is the best way to respond? And since you don't think the federal government should be involved, you support the legislature getting the government even farther involved? And do you really think that this, of all things, is a battle worth fighting to make sure Obama is not reelected? I'm trying to imagine that strategy meeting.

GOP 1: Okay everyone, we need you all to put on your thinking caps. We need the smartest and most clever way to stop Obama from being elected.

GOP 2: Oh, I know! Let's call pizza a vegetable. That'll show America that we're the party most in touch with the average citizen.

On a related topic, how would a President Cain vote on this bill?

You see, my thing is, I don't think that it's the government's job to manage school lunches

I would agree with that. But, here's the thing.....You really think that the legislature trying to define pizza as a vegetable is the best way to respond? And since you don't think the federal government should be involved, you support the legislature getting the government even farther involved? And do you really think that this, of all things, is a battle worth fighting to make sure Obama is not reelected? I'm trying to imagine that strategy meeting.

GOP 1: Okay everyone, we need you all to put on your thinking caps. We need the smartest and most clever way to stop Obama from being elected.

GOP 2: Oh, I know! Let's call pizza a vegetable. That'll show America that we're the party most in touch with the average citizen.

On a related topic, how would a President Cain vote on this bill?

First, I doubt that Congress is actually spending time having the great Pizza Debate. This was something slipped into a bill as a ryder to an extention to whatever, based on some bureaucrats notes... and people are making a big deal about it because it shows how ludicrous the micromanagement of this program has become.

I think Cain would be more like "How do we dismantle this ridiculous program within one year." Which is what we ought to do.

Forum List

Back