Pizza as a vegetable....

2 tablespoons of tomato sauce qualify a pizza as a vegetable........so Michelle Obie cannot P.C. it out of school lunches.
At the least, our masters should let the kids eat pizza!

2 tablespoons of tomato sauce qualify a pizza as a vegetable........so Michelle Obie cannot P.C. it out of school lunches.
At the least, our masters should let the kids eat pizza!

Fat is good, huh?

Pizza As A Vegetable? Congress Proposes New School Lunch Bill | Fox News

That is nothing. If the GOP gains more control in Congress in 2012, I expect cigarettes will become Health Sticks. Yes, back to the good old days!

LOL! Does anyone think the Pizza industry had anything to do with this?

The USDA does count 2 tablespoons of tomato paste as a vegetable. Maybe they will require that each slice of pizza must have this much tp on it (YUK!)

I wouldn't worry about it too much.
It hasn't come to a vote yet.

Just another liberal policy of controlling others' lives.
It appears the more liberals become out of control in their own personal lives, the more they just want to control others' choices and lives.
This dynamic alone leads me to believe that we will realize fascism under liberals, way long before we'd realize it under conservatives'.

Pizza lobbyists like Cain was?

LOL...hmm, I was thinking there may be a tie in there somehow, but I don't know.

Wait!
Cain didn't lobby for Pizza. When he was on the board for the NRA, it was about restaurants.

Although I do HATE seeing Little Cesar's pizza in a high school caf.

So...... since we're reclassifying food groups does this officially reclassify tube steak as a fruit? :eusa_eh:

Last edited:
On Tuesday, Congress decided that pizza is a vegetable. I have to imagine that this news instilled confusion in many Americans, as many Americans are (a) familiar with pizza, (b) familiar with vegetables and (c) sane.

But, to provide specifics that will in no way dispel your lingering thoughts that we are governed by morons but at least allow you some anthropological insight into how a group of morons who have been given permission to sit in a fancy room in Washington, D.C., and grunt at each other actually think, here is their thinking: Pizza is a vegetable for the purposes of determining what goes into public school lunches by virtue of the fact that pizza traditionally includes a schmear of tomato paste. (Botanically speaking, tomatoes are actually fruit, but we're going to have to just let that slide.)

At any rate, you may still be wondering how it came to pass that Congress arrived at the conclusion that pizza could count as a serving of vegetables. Wonder no more! Congress was guided along this path by lobbyists. And lobbyists can do all sorts of things, by magic! (Except provide nutritious lunches for children.)

How Pizza Became A Vegetable Through The Magic Of Influence-Peddling
merged

First, I'll say that I don't understand why the federal government is setting regulations on school menus in the first place. It should be left to the states.

At the same time, I think the Republicans should have better bones to pick with Obama than this. And it's disturbing to think that now the salt industry is successfully lobbying Congress. Really? The salt industry? Good job GOP, we don't have jobs, but at least we've got Pizza, and plenty of salt.

First, I'll say that I don't understand why the federal government is setting regulations on school menus in the first place. It should be left to the states.

At the same time, I think the Republicans should have better bones to pick with Obama than this. And it's disturbing to think that now the salt industry is successfully lobbying Congress. Really? The salt industry? Good job GOP, we don't have jobs, but at least we've got Pizza, and plenty of salt.

Talk to your president about that.

"The buck stops here"

Forum List

Back