Pit bulls are 6% of the national dog population yet they accounted for 70% of 2017 fatal dog attacks

But yeah absolutely no reason to feel uneasy about having them around your kids.
View attachment 245811
"Look boy...OP is an idiot!"
I wouldn’t trust that pit with my kid. Would you?
More than I would trust you.View attachment 245814
This is my buddy that we dog sit for. Most gentle creature ever.
In fact, protective of children and other small dogs.
I know some real sweet pits. Doesn't mean I wouldn't fix them and stop making them so that idiots can't get his hands on them. And since most of you are idiots....snip snip. Bob Barker bitch! LOL

4.jpg

But yeah absolutely no reason to feel uneasy about having them around your kids.
I don’t see the problem with fixing all pit bulls and not breeding them anymore. It’s a breed we invented we can just stop breeding those types of dogs.

It doesn’t matter how much pit bull lovers cry. They can just love their dog till it dies and then next time go with a different breed. They’ll get over it.
Not going to happen.
What would be so wrong with not making this breed anymore? You pit bull lovers are so stupid.
As the Dog Whisperer proved long ago, pit bulls are great dogs. Too bad some humans that own them, are assholes.
Agreed.

But why would it bother you if every pitbull were fixed and we don’t make them anymore?
Would it bother you if every black person was fixed and we didn't make them anymore? Pit bulls are more valuable than any person. One just saved the lives of an entire family. You don't see people doing that.

It's not the dog it's the owner
And the parents.
Leave a little kid with a pack of rambunctious, high prey driven dogs and you are an idiot.

Owners who let their dogs of any breed roam are idiots. Dogs will pack up and kill shit. Your nice dog will hook up with other dogs..often it's a tiny dog...and they will learn to kill things.

If you want to have a powerful dog, you have to be a powerful owner, and you have to exert enough control that you don't have any accidents.

Snoop is 14 years old now, and he has been with our family the entire time. He can be trusted with bunnies, with cats, with other dogs, with kids.
But he's that way because he's lived intimately with us and because we have invested many, many, many hours teaching him.

Pitties are not naturally more dangerous than any other dog with a prey drive. German Shepherds are deadly..and lab/shepherd mixes are killing machines.

They're prey animals. If you don't like them, stay away from them. If you're afraid of them, stay away from them. I like them..and my dogs have never hurt anybody. Except for Milo, who bit the shit out of everybody. She was an 11 lb parson russell terrier.

Pete the Pup was a pit bull that got along well with children. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/53/Schools-out-our-gang-1930.jpg

It all depends on the mutt's training. Pit bulls are very intelligent dogs.

Most of the dogs available for adoption in shelters are of this breed. President Trump has been criticized for being the first President without a WH dog. IMHO, the President should adopt 2 dozen pit bulls from the Washington DC shelter. The WH is heaven for dogs, with the many cars on the property to chase and the many toilets to drink from. He could help his friends at the NY Times and Washington Post by using those newspapers for the dogs' business.

I'm more scare of a psychopath... or a robber .... than a pit bull.

In fact...I'm thinking may be I'll get a pit next time.

Or a French Bulldog

Or both!:04::10:

Or a French Bulldog

Pitties really are nice dogs. They're healthy, too, compared to other breeds...though they are prone to ear problems...but if you vet them regularly you can stay on top of it. They're smart, they absolutely love people.

They are powerful and have a strong prey drive, but you can absolutely train them to ignore it. One of the reasons pits are such good dogs is that their love of humans is much stronger than their prey/fight drive. Our snoop was raised around babies and little animals...he will let bunnies and kids climb all over him and never hurt them.

I don’t see the problem with fixing all pit bulls and not breeding them anymore. It’s a breed we invented we can just stop breeding those types of dogs.

It doesn’t matter how much pit bull lovers cry. They can just love their dog till it dies and then next time go with a different breed. They’ll get over it.
Not going to happen.
What would be so wrong with not making this breed anymore? You pit bull lovers are so stupid.
As the Dog Whisperer proved long ago, pit bulls are great dogs. Too bad some humans that own them, are assholes.
Agreed.

But why would it bother you if every pitbull were fixed and we don’t make them anymore?
Would it bother you if every black person was fixed and we didn't make them anymore? Pit bulls are more valuable than any person. One just saved the lives of an entire family. You don't see people doing that.
Yes you do they’re called firemen.

Truthfully the Pit Bull is usually not a dangerous dog unless the owner is a asshole and made the Dog dangerous.

Been around them all my pathetic life and never once feared them...

I fear poodles more...

Not going to happen.

Why do you care?

LOL

So, if the pit bull owners are the breeders too?

Truthfully the Pit Bull is usually not a dangerous dog unless the owner is a asshole and made the Dog dangerous.

The problem is that more assholes decide to own Pit Bulls as opposed to other breeds. If assholes were banned from owning pit bulls, they would just get German Shepherds or Rotts or Golden Retrievers or Pekinese instead. And then you'd have a different dog problem

The problem is that more assholes decide to own Pit Bulls as opposed to other breeds. If assholes were banned from owning pit bulls, they would just get German Shepherds or Rotts or Golden Retrievers or Pekinese instead. And then you'd have a different dog problem

So it is the asshole owner and not the dog, well except for poodles because those are Satan little Hell Hounds!

Or a French Bulldog

Pitties really are nice dogs. They're healthy, too, compared to other breeds...though they are prone to ear problems...but if you vet them regularly you can stay on top of it. They're smart, they absolutely love people.

They are powerful and have a strong prey drive, but you can absolutely train them to ignore it. One of the reasons pits are such good dogs is that their love of humans is much stronger than their prey/fight drive. Our snoop was raised around babies and little animals...he will let bunnies and kids climb all over him and never hurt them.
Both of My daughters own Pitts. I've never own one so they don't get it from Me.

Both dogs are gentle, yet rambunctious. That is because both are about a year and a half old.

Both allow My grandchildren to climb on them and they both wrestle with the kids. I can't tell you how often Malakai (My youngest grandson) has scratches on his arms and face from playing with his dog.

Never once was there a concern the dog would turn on him. He's a boy with a dog and the two are as natural as water running down a hillside.

I'm a cat person, but love dogs. Every child should have a dog at least once in their life and a Pitt is a good dog.

I pitty the fool who tries to hurt them when he's about.

The biggest thing about pitts. They effin eat like a division of infantry!

I don't have any pit bulls and never have. However, I know several families that do and one breeder. They have never had a problem with there pit bulls. I did a lot of investigation before I got our current dog and learned a couple of interesting things about this breed.

First and foremost, Pit Bulls love people and they expect love in return. Unfortunately, many people get pit bulls for home security, to guard the store, or warehouse without understanding their nature. They get them as young dogs, put them in a home or business alone for many hours or days with little human contact which to a Pit Bull or many other dogs is torture. Worse yet some believe they need to "condition" these dogs to make them mean so as be a good watch dog or guard dog only to find they are neither. They then end up in a dog pound then transferred from one rescue shelter to another because adult Pit Bulls are not valued as household pets, primary due to their reputation. Eventually a family adopts the animal but unfortunately, months or years of abuse can't be easily erased and they are often not suitable as a family pet.

Dogs being pack animals need contact and affection. The family becomes the pack and one person, usually the family member that cares most for the animal becomes the leader of the pack. Dogs need this. If you deny this and subject them to isolation and mistreatment, you are likely to have vicious animal.

If you want a pit bull, get a puppy where you know it's history and raise it with all the love and attention it craves and it will reward you with undying love and loyalty.

I don't have any pit bulls and never have. However, I know several families that do and one breeder. They have never had a problem with there pit bulls. I did a lot of investigation before I got our current dog and learned a couple of interesting things about this breed.

First and foremost, Pit Bulls love people and they expect love in return. Unfortunately, many people get pit bulls for home security, to guard the store, or warehouse without understanding their nature. They get them as young dogs, put them in a home or business alone for many hours or days with little human contact which to a Pit Bull or many other dogs is torture. Worse yet some believe they need to "condition" these dogs to make them mean so as be a good watch dog or guard dog only to find they are neither. They then end up in a dog pound then transferred from one rescue shelter to another because adult Pit Bulls are not valued as household pets, primary due to their reputation. Eventually a family adopts the animal but unfortunately, months or years of abuse can't be easily erased and they are often not suitable as a family pet.

Dogs being pack animals need contact and affection. The family becomes the pack and one person, usually the family member that cares most for the animal becomes the leader of the pack. Dogs need this. If you deny this and subject them to isolation and mistreatment, you are likely to have vicious animal.

If you want a pit bull, get a puppy where you know it's history and raise it with all the love and attention it craves and it will reward you with undying love and loyalty.

Bullshit. Pitbulls were bred for one purpose and that is to fight.

Forum List

Back