Pirates killed, Captain free. Good job.

Discussion in 'Africa' started by Peejay, Apr 12, 2009.

1. oreo

oreo Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,999
    Bill Clinton had at least 4 shots at OSB & didn't take that shot for one reason or another. The one single shot that could have prevented 9/11 & two ensuing wars. It was a disaster in Somalia previously. 18 soldiers killed--remember Black Hawk Down? That was Clinton who sent them in there with no weapons to protect themselves or fortified vehicles to get them back out.

If you want to brag about "carpet bombing" at high altitude in Kosovo, killing civilians in mass then go ahead. That was the Clinton foreign policy. BTW-- We have won in Iraq. Charlie Gibson of ABC prime news network--mentioned that a few weeks ago. Iraqi's polled--75% state that they feel free to travel anywhere in the country without fear. In fact, Charlie made Bagdad look more like a vacation resort--than in pre-surge periods. And that credit goes to Bush for pushing the surge against every single democrat on the hill--stating that "the war was lost in Iraq" & those that called for immediate withdrawel, including those comments from Barack Obama.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  2. oreo

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,999
    I am certain you can find it, it's last night news on the internet. The Somalia pirates state they are not going to be playing "nice guy" to hostages from the U.S. & France & we have in effect--through these rescue's--& the killing of their compadres in terror have brought it on.

Now again to all you liberals: Does this mean that Obama's actions of killing these terrorist/pirates. Does this mean that we have created more terrorist/pirates--or are you going to blow this off too? It wasn't too long ago that Obama & his followers suggested that by killing terrorists/insurgents that we were only making more of them.

3. user_name_guest

user_name_guest Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +43

Look at the decision Bill Clinton made to leave Somalia. Look at Somalia now. We left it in a better condition? Yeah right.

However i approve of President Barack Obama decision to use force against these pirates.

4. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,802
    Won in Kosovo? :cuckoo:

5. Harry Dresden

Harry Dresden Adamantium Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,695
    well.....at least you admit it....

6. Burp

Burp Always carry, never tell

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +190
    Obama had to authorize force. Had he not, and the captain was killed, his presidency would be over.

I have no doubt the plan from the beginning was to use snipers if the negotiations broke/slowed down. They weren't on the boat the entire time; they parachuted in.

I said early in the thread that snipers would be considered and then retaliatory raids on the "camps" would probably come after.

Our military is a thousand times more skilled and talented than many people give them credit for.

Bring on the carpet bombing!

7. oreo

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,999

First of all--tell me one President in the history of the United States that gave the order: Don't shoot, if a hostage was in imminent danger?

The credit goes to Obama for directing the Captain in charge of the U.S. Navy ship to make that call--when & if he needed too. Guess what? A George Bush policy. "The commanders on the ground in Iraq--will determine what they need to get the job done, not some politician in Washington D.C." So it looks to me like Obama has learned from G.W. Bush.

The next real credit goes to the Navy seals. Imagine having to fire one shot from a ship that is unstable, onto a small crowded life boat that is also rocking--enemy combatants killed, & the hostage walks out without a scratch on him. UNBELIEVABLE!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. krotchdog

krotchdog BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Kosovo Déjà Vu

NATO Topics: NATO in Kosovo

Orthodox Diocese of Raska and Prizren

[​IMG]

The troops are still in Kosovo, women and children raped and murdered still. Dozens of the oldest churches in Europe destroyed my the Moslems. Saudi Arabia giving billions in money and aid, moslems forcing christians from the ancestral homes,

Hypocrite, democrat goooood (make sheep sound as you read), republican baaaaaaaaaaad.

Learn the facts, there I educated you, thank me

9. PubliusInfinitum

PubliusInfinitum BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +727
    ROFLMNAO...

Oh GOD! Now that's precious... An IMBECILE SPEAKS! In response to an idiot...

:eek:KINKY!:eek:

10. user_name_guest

user_name_guest Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Praise Obama...