Pictures proving the Universe is older than a few thousand year. Does it matter?

R

rdean

This Is the Best Map Yet of the Early Universe | Motherboard

a5288bef7e3476ed67cab450b3f46d31_vice_630x420.jpg

This Is the Best Map Yet of the Early Universe

This new map from Planck is the most precise of its type yet produced, which is to be expected as the Planck satellite was designed to be more sensitive than any other previous telescope for this type of work.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They believe the universe is older than previously thought because the rate of expansion is a little slower.

It's funny to me that right wingers, with their many marriages and divorces, insist scientists don't really know anything because they are always revising and fine tuning. If they weren't completely right the first time, they must be always wrong. No wonder so few right wingers and conservatives are scientists. I find that hilarious.

its very cool.

every time they make a breakthrough like this the wheels of sceince turn and we learn so much from it.

This new map from Planck is the most precise of its type yet produced, which is to be expected as the Planck satellite was designed to be more sensitive than any other previous telescope for this type of work.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They believe the universe is older than previously thought because the rate of expansion is a little slower.

It's funny to me that right wingers, with their many marriages and divorces, insist scientists don't really know anything because they are always revising and fine tuning. If they weren't completely right the first time, they must be always wrong. No wonder so few right wingers and conservatives are scientists. I find that hilarious.

Of course it matters, so?

So Republicans are wrong. The universe is older than 6,000 years.

Only an empty-headed moron like you would take the extreme minority of a party and label the whole party with it.

Looks like a sort of big circular object hanging on nothing...
Seems like you are discussing apples and oranges here. First off the expansion of the Universe has nothing to do with how or when it was created. God may have created it at any point of expansion. Or He my simply have created and expanded it very quickly at the beginning. What we see now can have very little to do with past reality. Secondly, right wingers and left wingers all make mistakes. Some admit to them, some try to hide them, and others simply ignore them and move on while pointing out the failures of others.

Thought you might like to see some mysteries of the universe:
MSN Entertainment -

Last edited:

^^^Unscientific OP avoiding thread parent's own science topic to smash political opponents^^
(and for no other reason than is own prejudicial shortcomings) You are a legend in your own mind, rdean.

And for that reason, I am rating your thread with the lowest rating it can be given until you clean up your act and stick to the point of science on the USMB Science and Technology Boards instead of sticking it to conservatives. Some of us are not fundamentalists in our beliefs, and some of us are. Making your point by aspersion is not very scientific.

Last edited:

^^^Unscientific OP avoiding thread parent's own science topic to smash political opponents^^
(and for no other reason than is own prejudicial shortcomings) You are a legend in your own mind, rdean.

And for that reason, I am rating your thread with the lowest rating it can be given until you clean up your act and stick to the point of science on the USMB Science and Technology Boards instead of sticking it to conservatives. Some of us are not fundamentalists in our beliefs, and some of us are. Making your point by aspersion is not very scientific.

Well done. No wonder you have 5k rep power.

Well done. No wonder you have 5k rep power.

mmm

Now that's some good rep whoring.

:D

Only an empty-headed moron like you would take the extreme minority of a party and label the whole party with it.

pr070611ii.gif

Majority of Republicans Doubt Theory of Evolution

You know, I have to agree with you. Nearly 70% of the Republican Party is EXTREME. I kinda knew that already. Thanks for pointing that out. And thanks for the people who thanked you for pointing that out. Seems we are on the same page after all.

Some. A very few.

Forum List

Back