Pick A Song To Eliminate From Existence

I think some people only like a certain type of music or the music that they listened to when they were young, and so they will just trash other types of music. Music is subjective anyways. Not everyone likes the same things.

It takes a lot to make my list, I can generally listen to almost anything and still try to appreciate the effort, even if I can't appreciate the music itself.

That said, I think the world would be a better place with most Christmas songs retired for good. (Too many to list) and add to that these on my list.

In no certain order.

1. Anything by def leopard
2. Anything by Michael Bolton
3. "Body is a wonderland" John Mayer
4. Fucking "up up and away"
5. Most of the music from "grease"
6. Anything from fucking "rocky horror"

I'm sure I'll be adding to this soon.

Adding anything and everything by

7. Dionne Warwick
8. 50 cent
9. Stupid was mambo #5 guy
10. Boston

BOSTON????? WTF?

The vomit in my throat is "more than a feeling"

"Old Times Rock and Roll" and "Mustang Sally"

I could live my life without ever hearing those two songs again.
Perhaps the fact I was a bartender during college had something to do with that ... :dunno:

It takes a lot to make my list, I can generally listen to almost anything and still try to appreciate the effort, even if I can't appreciate the music itself.

That said, I think the world would be a better place with most Christmas songs retired for good. (Too many to list) and add to that these on my list.

In no certain order.

1. Anything by def leopard
2. Anything by Michael Bolton
3. "Body is a wonderland" John Mayer
4. Fucking "up up and away"
5. Most of the music from "grease"
6. Anything from fucking "rocky horror"

I'm sure I'll be adding to this soon.

Adding anything and everything by

7. Dionne Warwick
8. 50 cent
9. Stupid was mambo #5 guy
10. Boston

BOSTON????? WTF?

The vomit in my throat is "more than a feeling"

Went to a Boston concert during their hey day. Best thing about it was the nap I took after about 20 minutes.

I can't really think of one in particular. Country music as a whole went to shit, though. I haven't heard good country music since the 70s.
I wouldn't be hurt if "Elvira" from the Oak Ridge Boys was suddenly yanked from every radio station play list that it is a part of. I am guessing that Richard's "Om pa pa mow mow" is what made that song as big as it is. To me, the act didn't get good until my newest favorite singer took over for William Lee, I love my late beautiful precious Steve Sanders so much.

I can't stand that song on the Cheerios commercial. Good goes around and around and around. :uhoh3: So do my eyes whenever I hear that stupid jingle.
I second this.

God bless you two and Steve's family always!!!

Holly

I know I'm showing my age, but I had to live with this THING going to #1.

AND DISCO, SERIOUSLY SOMEONE THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD IDEA!

I use to laugh my ass off to disco duck. They did play the fuck out of "you light up my life". Elvira was the song they over played to death for me back then. I guess that was a little later.

I just heard one I hate at work (the oldies station is on)

Help Me by Joni Mitchell

One of my favorites :lol:
Do you like Midnight at the Oasis too?

That's Maria Muldaur, not Joni!
I know, but I hate them both! (The songs, not the artists)

Well we won't sip wine on the deck listening to my favorite songs then :laugh2:
Take out the disco and you and I would get along. late sixteys early seventies rock is the best. Love the folk too!

Disco is fun. If you like dancing, your range of music is probably going to be larger than those who don't dance. Even if a song isn't that great (I mean talent-wise), if it has a good dance beat, I will probably like it. I will find myself dancing around at home or at work when I hear dance songs. Fun and great stress relief too.

Forum List

Back