Physicist Stephen Hawkings dies at the age of 78

he gained nothing for all his trouble.
Oops, there you go again, projecting your own, nauseating disdain for this life onto others. See, people like Hawking don't need to delude themselves into believing bronze age fairy tales in order to "get something" out of life. He got LIFE out of life, and so do I, every single day.

In fact, I pity people like you, who are wasting the only life you will ever have by looking forward to some fantasy that will never come.

Sounds full of yourself!
By what delusion? I worked for the money, I went to the grocery store, I cooked the food....why in the world would I thank some fake character -- who didn't help one bit -- for the dinner on my table? To do so would appear --- crazy, if we weren't all so used to this ---- nonsense.

Someday, you will most definitely need assistance, and then you might just reconsider your foolish remarks --- I hope GOD brings them back to your mind. Not to hurt or insult you but to open your eyes to all the blessings we receive daily and do not deserve.

Hawking could actually think on a deeper level than greed which is why many Americans hated him.

Someday, you will most definitely need assistance
I have friends and family to assist me, thank you. I don't need fake characters. I am thankful all the time for the positive things in my life. Unlike you, I do not think the human race is garbage (IMO, that's the most disgusting thing about your cult and its beliefs), so i do not think I am "not deserving" of these wonderful people.

Someday, you will most definitely need assistance
I have friends and family to assist me, thank you. I don't need fake characters. I am thankful all the time for the positive things in my life. Unlike you, I do not think the human race is garbage (IMO, that's the most disgusting thing about your cult and its beliefs), so i do not think I am "not deserving" of these wonderful people.
I don't believe the human race is garbage! And neither does GOD, or He wouldn't have made a way for ALL humans to be children of GOD. You believe humans are the end product of animals and billions and billions of years of accidental trial and error (the garbage to be tossed aside upon the steps of MACRO EVOLUTION)! The evolutionist helped to promote genocide and race wars while trying to provide rational reasons for the descent of man with caucasians at the tip of the iceberg.

I don't believe the human race is garbage!
Of course you do. Your dogma compels you to do so, and you freely admit it all the time, such as saying "we don't deserve" these positive things in our lives (as you said recently, in this thread).

Yes, you and your cult both generally agree (else you would not be a member, so that goes without saying) that humans are garbage, and we require "repair" in the form of prostrating ourselves before an imaginary asshole and being thankful for redemption he so lovingly "gifted" us... a gift we , of course, did not deserve, by your own estimation.

That's some nauseating nonsense right there. Sorry, as much as I can tolerate the religion because of the positive messages interspersed in it, I still think this fundamental idea (that you simply cannot escape) is really disgusting, and you are being a ridiculous person for buying it.

In his case, it's not so much a death as it is a release from confinement. RIP
Yet, in a way he lead a more full life than most of us. Paralyzed and in a wheel chair for forty years, he became world renowned for his works in physics but also authored over 25 books including several children's books, taught classes in universities, was a guess lecturer, acted in several movies, had cameo roles in several TV series, narrated a number of documentaries, skydived, flew weightless in aircraft, traveled all over the world, married twice and was a father of 3 children. Not bad for a man that was almost totally paralyzed for most of his life.
And he could have thanked GOD for the opportunities, and the time in which he was born. I do hope that he had a long moment to ponder eternity before he passed on; otherwise, he gained nothing for all his trouble. But his research will likely be used by Christians in one way or another.
Science is about evidence-based fact, religion is about faith-based belief. Some people have the ability to believe in what they can not see or prove exist. That is religion. Religion is based on faith, what we believe in our hearts to be true. Stephen Hawkins did have that ability. He was a man of science. I saw this quote by Hawkins and I found it interesting.
“I believe the universe is governed by the laws of science,” he said. “The laws may have been decreed by God, but God does not intervene to break the laws.” I've always thought of God's place was that of a creator of the laws of the universe but never to break those laws and certainly not to interfere with sentient beings.

I think most of the human race lives in cognitive dissonance; that is they hold two or more contradictory beliefs, ideas, or values at the same time. Yes, I believe in evolution and yes I believe God create man. It's illogical but humans are basically illogical.

I don't believe the human race is garbage!
Of course you do. Your dogma compels you to do so, and you freely admit it all the time, such as saying "we don't deserve" these positive things in our lives (as you said recently, in this thread).

Yes, you and your cult both generally agree (else you would not be a member, so that goes without saying) that humans are garbage, and we require "repair" in the form of prostrating ourselves before an imaginary asshole and being thankful for redemption he so lovingly "gifted" us... a gift we , of course, did not deserve, by your own estimation.

That's some nauseating nonsense right there. Sorry, as much as I can tolerate the religion because of the positive messages interspersed in it, I still think this fundamental idea (that you simply cannot escape) is really disgusting, and you are being a ridiculous person for buying it.
Does an individual who drives his car towards a stone wall deserve to survive if indeed he hits it. Your very attitude is of one who knows it all and expects to do whatever you wish and let Deity be damned. Sorry, but that smacks of fatalism on your part and not mine.

In his case, it's not so much a death as it is a release from confinement. RIP
Yet, in a way he lead a more full life than most of us. Paralyzed and in a wheel chair for forty years, he became world renowned for his works in physics but also authored over 25 books including several children's books, taught classes in universities, was a guess lecturer, acted in several movies, had cameo roles in several TV series, narrated a number of documentaries, skydived, flew weightless in aircraft, traveled all over the world, married twice and was a father of 3 children. Not bad for a man that was almost totally paralyzed for most of his life.
And he could have thanked GOD for the opportunities, and the time in which he was born. I do hope that he had a long moment to ponder eternity before he passed on; otherwise, he gained nothing for all his trouble. But his research will likely be used by Christians in one way or another.
Science is about evidence-based fact, religion is about faith-based belief. Some people have the ability to believe in what they can not see or prove exist. That is religion. Religion is based on faith, what we believe in our hearts to be true. Stephen Hawkins did have that ability. He was a man of science. I saw this quote by Hawkins and I found it interesting.
“I believe the universe is governed by the laws of science,” he said. “The laws may have been decreed by God, but God does not intervene to break the laws.” I've always thought of God's place was that of a creator of the laws of the universe but never to break those laws and certainly not to interfere with sentient beings.

I think most of the human race lives in cognitive dissonance; that is they hold two or more contradictory beliefs, ideas, or values at the same time. Yes, I believe in evolution and yes I believe God create man. It's illogical but humans are basically illogical.
I believe in adaptability but with distinct uncrossable separation between KINDS.

Does an individual who drives his car towards a stone wall deserve to survive if indeed he hits it.
Stupid analogy. Your cult is disgustistjng, sorry. Secular humanists have better morals than you
Humanists believe in anything goes that suits THEM! They are in fact amoral.
Not at all. Clearly, my morals are far superior to yours, as is my ability to apply reason and analyze evidence. Your cult has clouded your mind and dulled your senses.

Does an individual who drives his car towards a stone wall deserve to survive if indeed he hits it.
Stupid analogy. Your cult is disgustistjng, sorry. Secular humanists have better morals than you
Not at all. Clearly, my morals are far superior to yours, as is my ability to apply reason and analyze evidence. Your cult has clouded your mind and dulled your senses.
So, you don't steal, lie or cheat. You are not into premarital sex.You don't don't bear false witness nor gossip. You love your enemies.

So, you don't steal, lie or cheat. You are not into premarital sex.You don't don't bear false witness nor gossip. You love your enemies.
Whatever soothes you.

Forum List

Back