Physicist Stephen Hawkings dies at the age of 78

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
Physicist Stephen Hawking dies at the age of 76 – family

Renowned British scientist Stephen Hawking, known for his breakthrough ideas in theoretical physics and space research, has died at the age of 76, according to media reports citing his family's spokesperson.
"We are deeply saddened that our beloved father passed away today. He was a great scientist and an extraordinary man whose work and legacy will live on for many years," Hawking's children Lucy, Robert and Tim said in a statement.

The world-famous astrophysicist had been battling amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), a debilitating neurological condition, for over half a century.

Guess he will find out if there is a God or not,

• Banned
He will float in forever darkness , his consciousness had no place to go since he believed in nothing.

Hawking was diagnosed with motor neuron disease in 1963, when he was 21 years old and was given a life expectancy of two more years. His disease progressed more slowly than originally thought, however, and he went on to continue pursuing research.

In 1970, Hawking had his first major scientific breakthrough, when he and Roger Penrose extended the mathematics of black holes to the entire universe and showed that a singularity was the origin of the big bang. This discovery kicked off a series of further innovations, including the proposal that black holes radiate heat.

Hawking was elected to the Royal Society in 1974 at the young age of 32. He became the Lucasian professor of mathematics at Cambridge five years later, a post which had formerly been held by Isaac Newton and Charles Babbage and is one of the most prestigious posts in Britain. Hawking remained in the position for 30 years, then became director of research at the Centre for Theoretical Cosmology.
I had no idea how old he was. Strange to be thinking his passing was unexpected when he outlived his life expectancy by fifty-five years.

Stephen Hawking, Theoretical Physicist and Author, Dies at 76

`
8-stephenhawki.jpg

`

I am in the process of merging the threads.

Please, let's keep this thread about Stephen Hawking, not who "won" the race to start the thread.
Be nice if we could keep the unnecessary hate out of it as well.
Nah best to just kill all the other threads about this that aren't about him burning in imaginary hell

Please, let's keep this thread about Stephen Hawking, not who "won" the race to start the thread.
Nah best to just kill all the other threads about this that aren't about him burning in imaginary hell
Pretty sure Doc isn't like that.

He merged one of mine earlier with a person I despise so that pissed me off but this I get.

I'm sure he's getting a crash course in what's next. Where do you think he is?

He merged one of mine earlier with a person I despise so that pissed me off but this I get.
He or someone else merged yours and mine into this thread which was created for no other reason than to bash the deceased

Thanks, real nice............

He or someone else merged yours and mine into this thread which was created for no other reason than to bash the deceased

I merged all the threads on the topic - that's the way it goes, even if the "winner" of the race is an asshole.

I've deleted all the posts that weren't about Professor Hawking. Let us continue in that vein.

Forum List

Back