Phony journalist to pay ACORN employee $100K

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
James O'Keefe Settles With Ex-ACORN Employee Juan Carlos Vera, Agrees To Pay $100,000: Report

Conservative provocateur James O'Keefe agreed on Thursday to shell out $100,000 to former ACORN employee Juan Carlos Vera to settle a longstanding lawsuit. Wonkette first reported the development, citing court documents.

Really shows how stupid we've become when some little twit can make up a story that shuts down an organization and gets people fired.

O'Keefe should be facing jail time.

Instead, I'll bet he'll soon be working for fux.

James O'Keefe Settles With Ex-ACORN Employee Juan Carlos Vera, Agrees To Pay $100,000: Report

Conservative provocateur James O'Keefe agreed on Thursday to shell out $100,000 to former ACORN employee Juan Carlos Vera to settle a longstanding lawsuit. Wonkette first reported the development, citing court documents.

Really shows how stupid we've become when some little twit can make up a story that shuts down an organization and gets people fired.

O'Keefe should be facing jail time.

Instead, I'll bet he'll soon be working for fux.

In my home State of Florida, recording without the consent of ALL parties to the conversation is a third-degree felony.

Some states permit recording without the consent of all parties if the one who is recording is also a party to the conversation.

Here is a link to the recording laws in California:

California Penal Code Section 632 - California Attorney Resources - California Laws

I will not attempt to interpret the laws of another state, but it is possible that the 'reporter' may not be out of the legal woods quite yet.

Edited to add: Note: The laws regarding video and audio taping are complex, and I would advise anyone to consult with an attorney prior to engaging in this activity.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back