Phil Robertson Latest Victim of Gay Mafia War on Freedom of Religion and Speech

Except he didn't embarrass the company, unless having antiPC beliefs is embarrassing to that company.

So you think A+E is antichristian and embarrassed if one of their employees says anything reflecting those beliefs?

Great then we have all the more reason to BOYCOTT.

That is what embarrased means
I know what it means stupid ass, I asking if you think A+E is antichristian ad thus offended by Christian beliefs such as this one; apparentl you agree.

How the fuck would you know, you fucking liar?

Fuck you, you fucking fuck!

I outfucked you......I win

The OP is more evidence that ignorance is a prerequisite for being conservative.

First Amendment restrictions apply only to government law and policy making entities, not private individuals or interests, such as A&E.

Consequently there are no First Amendment ‘violations’ in play.

The OP is more evidence that ignorance is a prerequisite for being conservative.

First Amendment restrictions apply only to government law and policy making entities, not private individuals or interests, such as A&E.

Consequently there are no First Amendment ‘violations’ in play.

Lol, you guys talk to each other in a fucking echo box.

Meanwhile in the REAL WORLD....

The ?Duck Dynasty? Fiasco Says More About Our Bigotry Than Phil?s | TIME.com

Hundreds Of Thousands Support Boycotting A&E Following ?Duck Dynasty? Star?s Suspension « CBS Houston

'Boycott A&E' Facebook Support Page for Phil Robertson Gets 750K+ Likes

'Duck Dynasty' Sponsor -- We Stand Behind Phil | TMZ.com

IStandWithPhil.com Launches Petition to Reinstate Papa Phil | Truth Revolt

The Constitution guarantees a persons right to free speech, but it does not guarantee a person protection from the consequences of that speech.
Even if it doesn't, to me, it is about respect. If the A&E people wanted more than what they already had if they had any respect from other people, they are only going to end up with even less respect compared to however much that they had from other people before they went and did what they did to that man.

God bless you and him always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

The Constitution guarantees a persons right to free speech, but it does not guarantee a person protection from the consequences of that speech.
Even if it doesn't, to me, it is about respect. If the A&E people wanted more than what they already had if they had any respect from other people, they are only going to end up with even less respect compared to however much that they had from other people before they went and did what they did to that man.

Holly

Damn Holly

That makes absolutely no sense

God bless you and Jim Otto always

^^^ What do you mean, it doesn't make any sense? If the network wanted more respect compared to how much they already had from other people before this all started, they are only going to end up with less compared to however much they already had before doing what they did to that man.

Holly

P.S. In other words, instead of going one step up, they may very likely be a step behind where they were before all of this started. Now do you get it?

Phil Robertson has a Constitutional right to say anything he wants

A&E has a Constitutional right to fire any performer who brings discredit on the network

Is this a great country or what?

There is no constitutional right to fire people, dumbass.

Afraid there is

He's only knowledgable on the rights he is in favor of, and not too knowledgable on those actually. Kind of like democrats now that I think about it.

Holly

I agree.

Palin, sharing a photo of herself with the Duck Dynasty cast, wrote:

"Free speech is an endangered species. Those 'intolerants' hatin' and taking on the Duck Dynasty patriarch for voicing his personal opinion are taking on all of us."

Sarah Palin rallies fans, defends 'Duck Dynasty'

And here we see the High Priestess of conservative ignorance and stupidity making the same mistake as the OP.

The show’s cast member being placed on hiatus by his network – a private company – in no way ‘endangers’ free speech, as, again, First Amendment restrictions do not apply to private entities.

Conservatives whining about free speech being ‘in jeopardy’ are either willfully ignorant or shameless demagogues.

Afraid there is

He's only knowledgable on the rights he is in favor of, and not too knowledgable on those actually. Kind of like democrats now that I think about it.

Yup, you don't have constitutional right to religious free speech in the private workplace.

You start talking about stuff the bosses don't want talked about, you are gone.

^^^ What do you mean, it doesn't make any sense? If the network wanted more respect compared to how much they already had from other people before this all started, they are only going to end up with less compared to however much they already had before doing what they did to that man.

Holly

P.S. In other words, instead of going one step up, they may very likely be a step behind where they were before all of this started. Now do you get it?

Rightwinger is a troll, you are better off just ignoring him. He is yanking your chain because he is an adolescent.

Afraid there is

So where in the Constitution does it give an employer the right to fire anyone?

It's an easy question; either you have the answer are you don't, but to keep saying it's there and not giving it is a bit dishonest.

Holly

Yet you feel that Phil deserves respect for his inflammatory words?
My Grandmother, who was the music director at our church in OKC for 45 years had a christian philosophy from God. It was that she believed that no matter who it was she was addressing, she never insulted you, because it was not Christian.
Just like Jesus told us:
All you need to say is simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything beyond this comes from the evil one.

Matthew 5:37

Holly

Quoting Romans chapter 1 is inflammatory only for evil people trapped in evil behavior.

And yet again.

Sigh. I can’t believe we have to explain this, over and over, every time a media figure loses a job (or just gets a for-show suspension) over saying something stupid, but: Losing your job for saying something that embarrasses your private employer–even if that is a media outlet–is not a free speech issue. It is not a First Amendment issue. It may be dumb, it may be justified, but it is not a constitutional violation. It is not for Phil Robertson, Alec Baldwin, Martin Bashir, Don Imus, The Dixie Chicks, Rush Limbaugh, or anyone else. People changing the channel or not buying your products because of what you said is not “censorship”; nor is losing a business deal for same.

Read more: Losing Your TV Job Is Not a First Amendment Issue | TIME.com Losing Your TV Job Is Not a First Amendment Issue | TIME.com

Holly

Quoting Romans chapter 1 is inflammatory only for evil people trapped in evil behavior.

really? So being remarried makes you an adulterer? Funny how that rule made it in there since the Jews do not believe in the same, since divorce has been the rule since Moses.
If he really just wanted for all people to love each other, he would have gained more by shutting his mouth.
Homosexuals are the same as terrorist?
Black people were happy before the civil rights law?
He said more than what Romans covers. Yet you will give him a free pass judging millions of remarried Americans and Afro-Americans living under Jim Crow laws.
If in the New Testament Jesus did not say it, it is a fake sin.

Last edited:
And yet again.

Sigh. I can’t believe we have to explain this, over and over, every time a media figure loses a job (or just gets a for-show suspension) over saying something stupid, but: Losing your job for saying something that embarrasses your private employer–even if that is a media outlet–is not a free speech issue. It is not a First Amendment issue. It may be dumb, it may be justified, but it is not a constitutional violation. It is not for Phil Robertson, Alec Baldwin, Martin Bashir, Don Imus, The Dixie Chicks, Rush Limbaugh, or anyone else. People changing the channel or not buying your products because of what you said is not “censorship”; nor is losing a business deal for same.

Read more: Losing Your TV Job Is Not a First Amendment Issue | TIME.com Losing Your TV Job Is Not a First Amendment Issue | TIME.com

And again, free speech is not merely a matter of what the government allows you to say; it is also about what people in normal society will let you say.

Though the Constitution only protects us against the government curtailing our freedom of speech, outside the legal sphere, our common sense of fairness and liberty for all encourages us to defend the day to day rights of expression in every situation with a few exceptions.

I have never said this is about a Constitutional issue. That you keep returning to it is evidence of you being an idiot.

Forum List

Back