Phil Robertson Latest Victim of Gay Mafia War on Freedom of Religion and Speech

SHOW ME THAT RIGHT IN THE CONSTITUTION!

Otherwise every union shop law in this country is unconstitutional and would have been struck down decades ago.

Please, just stop claiming it and actually prove it, that is all I am asking.

Good lords, you've simply lost it. Unions sign CONTRACTS with employers. .

Again, your stupidity amazes me. You seriously are trying to pretend that the unions do not have laws in place that give them protections?

They are not laws...they are parts of the contracts negotiated with management and signed. Contracts are legal documents once agreed upon and signed by both parties. If it is hard to fire someone it is because the union and the employers have contractual steps in place that make it hard to do so.

Indeed.

BODECIA said:
I'm willing to bet the Robertsons signed a CONTRACT with A&E which included some language about not bringing negative publicity to the network. CONTRACTS are legal documents on this planet, Jimmy

No shit Sherlock.

Well, you sure act like you don't know that. :D

Otherwise every union shop law in this country is unconstitutional and would have been struck down decades ago.

Private sector employers are people, are they not?

Yep, and so you think that means they have the Constitutional right to fire people for any reason at all? If so then laws protecting unions are all unconstitutional, and I doubt that is true.

If it is not contractually different, yes they do. It is not the Constitution that protects people from their employer firing them...it's agreed upon contracts which are legal documents.

Phil Robertson has a Constitutional right to say anything he wants

A&E has a Constitutional right to fire any performer who brings discredit on the network

Is this a great country or what?

Yep, and so you think that means they have the Constitutional right to fire people for any reason at all? If so then laws protecting unions are all unconstitutional, and I doubt that is true.

Unions negotiate employment contracts with employers.....people sue based on the contract, not the Constitution......geesh! Have you ever worked for anyone?

A&E has a Constitutional right to fire any performer who brings discredit on the network

Wouldn't surprise me that A&E had something in their contract about the Robertsons couldn't do anything that reflected adversely on the network.

What he said about blacks in the Jim Crow era is more than enough for me to decline joining any effort to get him back on television.

He has a right to say that but the constitution doesn't guarantee employment by a television network and if I were of the boycotting mind, the boycott I would join is the one against employing anyone who acted like people who were trained from birth not to ever say anything bad about whites were avoiding saying anything bad because they were "happy" and "godly".

I haven't seen Duck Dynasty, only know them by reputation. But if that's the kind of "godly" values they promote, yeah, the boycott I would join is the one against them.

Unions negotiate employment contracts with employers.....people sue based on the contract, not the Constitution......geesh! Have you ever worked for anyone?

It's more than just contracts -- law is involved. Agencies like the NLRB step into situations and force companies to concede to union employees where no contracts have been violated.

Pretty sure.

And aren't there laws protecting the right to strike above and beyond what's written into contracts?

But Phil Robertson's job is still not protected by the 1st Amendment by any stretch of the imagination.

Last edited:

Wouldn't surprise me that A&E had something in their contract about the Robertsons couldn't do anything that reflected adversely on the network.

Embarrass the company....you get fired

That is the way it works in most of the country

Last edited:

It's probably a standard contract.

It's more than just contracts -- law is involved. Agencies like the NLRB step into situations and force companies to concede to union employees where no contracts have been violated.

Pretty sure.

And aren't there laws protecting the right to strike above and beyond what's written into contracts?

But Phil Robertson's job is still not protected by the 1st Amendment by any stretch of the imagination.

I agree, which is why the anti-Christians are bringing that into the discussion though no Christian on this thread to my knowledge has done so.

This is a call for Christian unity and a boycott, not getting the feds to do a godamned thing.

It's probably a standard contract.

So let's have a standard BOYCOTT, lol.

Embarass the company....you get fired

Except he didn't embarrass the company, unless having antiPC beliefs is embarrassing to that company.

So you think A+E is antichristian and embarrassed if one of their employees says anything reflecting those beliefs?

Great then we have all the more reason to BOYCOTT.

There is no constitutional right to fire people, dumbass.

You are a thickheaded wearisome bore.

Please shut the hell up.

Except he didn't embarrass the company, unless having antiPC beliefs is embarrassing to that company.

So you think A+E is antichristian and embarrassed if one of their employees says anything reflecting those beliefs?

That is what embarrased means

He was hired to be a loveable hillbilly with a beard. If he wants to spout anti-gay evangelism, he puts his job at jeopardy

That is what embarrased means
I know what it means stupid ass, I asking if you think A+E is antichristian ad thus offended by Christian beliefs such as this one; apparentl you agree.

He was hired to be a loveable hillbilly with a beard. If he wants to spout anti-gay evangelism, he puts his job at jeopardy

How the fuck would you know, you fucking liar?

Forum List

Back