Phil Robertson Latest Victim of Gay Mafia War on Freedom of Religion and Speech

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
Politics: A&E suspends Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson for agreeing with the Bible | Best of Cain

A+E Networks, parent company of A&E, has released the following statement to Variety:

“We are extremely disappointed to have read Phil Robertson’s comments in GQ, which are based on his own personal beliefs and are not reflected in the series Duck Dynasty. His personal views in no way reflect those of A+E Networks, who have always been strong supporters and champions of the LGBT community.”

As noted in a previous Variety article, Robertson discusses in his GQ interview his religious beliefs and about sin, saying, “start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men.” Then, the GQ writer paraphrases Corinthians saying, “don’t be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers — they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right.”

Soon, a company wont keep an employee that is willing to publicly express his religious belief that homosexuality is a sin.

That is how the Gay Mafia and the leftwing fascists want it, as a tool to silence dissent of ALL Americans.

No. The Constitution guarantees a persons right to free speech, but it does not guarantee a person protection from the consequences if that speech. It was Phil Robertsons right to say what he said and it was his employers right to fire him. That is the way a free society works. If you don't like A&E's decision then call them, write them, boycott them and their sponsors. That is also how a free society works. But just know that the decision by the network is not in any way a violation of the first amendment rights of free speech nor exercise of religion.

Politics: A&E suspends Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson for agreeing with the Bible | Best of Cain

A+E Networks, parent company of A&E, has released the following statement to Variety:

“We are extremely disappointed to have read Phil Robertson’s comments in GQ, which are based on his own personal beliefs and are not reflected in the series Duck Dynasty. His personal views in no way reflect those of A+E Networks, who have always been strong supporters and champions of the LGBT community.”

As noted in a previous Variety article, Robertson discusses in his GQ interview his religious beliefs and about sin, saying, “start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men.” Then, the GQ writer paraphrases Corinthians saying, “don’t be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers — they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right.”

Soon, a company wont keep an employee that is willing to publicly express his religious belief that homosexuality is a sin.

That is how the Gay Mafia and the leftwing fascists want it, as a tool to silence dissent of ALL Americans.

I have to agree with Sarah Palin:

Free speech is an endangered species.

Those “intolerants” hatin’ and taking on the Duck Dynasty patriarch for voicing his personal opinion are taking on all of us.

No. The Constitution guarantees a persons right to free speech, but it does not guarantee a person protection from the consequences if that speech. It was Phil Robertsons right to say what he said and it was his employers right to fire him. That is the way a free society works.

Freedom of Speech is not limited to the protections from government abuse of power which is the most often reference of the phrase. There is a wider concept of freedom of speech that also applies to the general tolerance of society toward different religions and their expression.

The Gay Mafia and the leftwing fascists have pressured A+E to do this almost by reflex, and this exists in part due to the inactivity of Christians to defend themselves and others of the faith with counter boycotts and ridicule of such companies for cowardice and lack of respect for free religious speech.

I never argued that the US government should be brought into this controversy in any form or fashion, but only that Christians boycott A+E for being stupid cowards.

If you don't like A&E's decision then call them, write them, boycott them and their sponsors. That is also how a free society works. But just know that the decision by the network is not in any way a violation of the first amendment rights of free speech nor exercise of religion.

Yes, I have already sent my letters and done other things, but thank you for your concern.

Those “intolerants” hatin’ and taking on the Duck Dynasty patriarch for voicing his personal opinion are taking on all of us.

It is time to get Christians and their friends to respond in kind and boycott these bastards like they have never seen before.

It is time to get Christians and their friends to respond in kind and boycott these bastards like they have never seen before.

Yes it is and yes they will. :lol: You can't mess with these guys for long. You can only help them for they are on the side of freedom and liberty and the advertisers realize they won't lose their base audience that have made them famous.

Yes it is and yes they will. :lol: You can't mess with these guys for long. You can only help them for they are on the side of freedom and liberty and the advertisers realize they won't lose their base audience that have made them famous.

I hope you are right, but only time will prove it true.

Liberalism is about control. You must control the speech, the actions and even the thought of the 'masses.' Marx and Engle were correct in their assertion that 'religion is the opiate of the masses.' There can be no God except that which resides in Washington. There can be no allegiance except to that which is approved.

I watch Duck Dynasty all of the time. I find it funny, ironic and a true reflection of life as it is here in 'fly over country.' I have a brother that is like Si in many, many ways. I knew almost immediately after reading Phil's interview in GQ that he would be skewered for his statements. The 'PC' police won't like it one bit. The fact that he has been suspended does not shock me.

I am not sure that A&E knows what they have stepped into though. I have already written my emails. One to A&E, one to the Hearst Corporation and one to Disney-ABC Television Group. I wrote the later two because they each own 50% of A&E. I have cancelled two subscriptions to magazines owned by Hearst corporation this morning. It took a couple of hours to find the appropriate email addresses. But if you want to get them from me, just message me and I'll send them to you.

If A&E cancels the show, someone else will pick it up because it is the most watched reality series on television. It will continue to be so. And there will always be those like me who will actively RESIST the 'PC' police and their attempts to control us.

A&E should be ashamed of themselves.

Liberalism is about control. You must control the speech, the actions and even the thought of the 'masses.' Marx and Engle were correct in their assertion that 'religion is the opiate of the masses.' There can be no God except that which resides in Washington. There can be no allegiance except to that which is approved.

I watch Duck Dynasty all of the time. I find it funny, ironic and a true reflection of life as it is here in 'fly over country.' I have a brother that is like Si in many, many ways. I knew almost immediately after reading Phil's interview in GQ that he would be skewered for his statements. The 'PC' police won't like it one bit. The fact that he has been suspended does not shock me.

I am not sure that A&E knows what they have stepped into though. I have already written my emails. One to A&E, one to the Hearst Corporation and one to Disney-ABC Television Group. I wrote the later two because they each own 50% of A&E. I have cancelled two subscriptions to magazines owned by Hearst corporation this morning. It took a couple of hours to find the appropriate email addresses. But if you want to get them from me, just message me and I'll send them to you.

If A&E cancels the show, someone else will pick it up because it is the most watched reality series on television. It will continue to be so. And there will always be those like me who will actively RESIST the 'PC' police and their attempts to control us.

A&E should be ashamed of themselves.

That would require them to have shame, which they do not.

It is quite simple:

Phil has a right to speak his mind.
A&E has a right to fire him.
There is no violation of free speech nor free exercise of religion.

And CHRISTIANS have the right to BOYCOT A+E.

Do we not?

And yes, by definition A+E is censoring Phil Robertson and while this is not a federal issue, it is an abridgement of his religious expression, like it or not.

You can't even say someone should shit on Sarah Palin without getting fired any more!

That moron wasn't fired he resigned after weeks of non-action.

But this is a good example of how Christians are being kicked awake in this country like the Assault Weapons Ban woke up so many gun rights people back in the late 1990's.

So there is a silver lining to every problem, so true.

I think she meant they are shitting on all of us.

He's been labeled 'homophobe' and 'racist' for expressing his pov, his religious belief on homosexuality.

True colors shown ... and not Phil Robertson's either.

Forum List

Back