pharmacist have 1st Amendment right to refuse to dispense Plan B

As far as I can tell, the issue here wasn't whether or not one has to dispense the morning-after-pill, but whether one has to stock it. Those are two separate issues.

Yes and no.

As I understand it, getting a license to operate your pharmacy business means you will abide by certain guidelines. One of which is access to legal medication. If you then decide you don't want to provide access to legal medication, then your license should be revoked. It's similar to getting a liquor license and then deciding you religiously object to women drinking and therefore stop serving women. You would lose your license in that case.

you should read the ruling before you make yourself appear more ignorant.

assuming that's possible

His user name is Don't be Stupid, it isn't possible.

If this ruling is allowed to stand, a Christian Scientist could be hired at a Pharmacy and could freely deny every person any and all medication, with zero repercussions.

This ruling will be overturned.

As far as I can tell, the issue here wasn't whether or not one has to dispense the morning-after-pill, but whether one has to stock it. Those are two separate issues.

Yes and no.

As I understand it, getting a license to operate your pharmacy business means you will abide by certain guidelines. One of which is access to legal medication. If you then decide you don't want to provide access to legal medication, then your license should be revoked. It's similar to getting a liquor license and then deciding you religiously object to women drinking and therefore stop serving women. You would lose your license in that case.

Youre ignorant. For yourcomparison to be valid the guy refusing to sale the pill to women would have to be selling g it to men. Thats discrimination. Just saying im not carrying that product is not.

If your local supermarket stopped carrying soda could you sue them for discrimination?

good luck proving that refusing to supply an abortion pill causes harm, and better luck forcing a private enterprise to stock it.

If this ruling is allowed to stand, a Christian Scientist could be hired at a Pharmacy and could freely deny every person any and all medication, with zero repercussions.

Christians Scientists do not work at pharmacies, idiot.

Right ... and neither would anyone who objects to the morning after pill.

Thats like sayin a jew wouldnt work in a grocery store. Sure they do as long as they are kosher

Yes and no.

The comparison between running a liquor store and a pharmacy you use is not apt. The pharmacy in question is not refusing to serve women. That would be gender discrimination. Rather, they refuse to stock a certain product. Yes, that product is mostly requested by women, but that does not make it gender discrimination as you are insinuating. To use your liquor store example, a pharmacy refusing to stock Plan B would be equivalent to a liquor store refusing to stock, for example, Hennessy. Yes, a liquor store should sell Hennessy, but a requirement of being a liquor store is not to sell every available liquor. In the U.S., we afford businesses the right to stock and sell what they see fit in accordance to their own guiding principles.

The idea that a business has to offer you the exact products and/or services you want is preposterous. Should I be able to walk into a store run by a Muslim and demand he stock some pork ribs for me to purchase?

You're fixating on the example, and incorrectly too.

A liquor license is for a bar or restaurant to serve alcohol. Part of the license says you will serve anyone of age (unless of course they become disruptive). Part of doing business as a pharmacist and having that license is that you make available legally obtainable drugs. If you believe it is legal for a pharmacist to break his license due to religious objections, then you MUST also believe it is legal for ANY business to break their license due to religious objections. To claim otherwise would mean you are applying the law unconstitutionally.

Therefore, if this ruling stands, ANY business could do basically anything (or nothing) it wants, breaking its license, claim it's due to religious beliefs, and face no repercussions.

You do understand progress, don't you? Do you think it is remotely conceivable that someone became a pharmacist before this miracle pill was invented?

I apologize to idiots.

.....and drug store owners have the right to fire them.

Of course they do. But you dont have the right to mandate that they must fire them.

You realize that if you walk into a store and pick an item up off the shelf and carry it to the cash register that they dont have to let you purchase it right?

You do understand progress, don't you? Do you think it is remotely conceivable that someone became a pharmacist before this miracle pill was invented?

I apologize to idiots.

The morning after pill functions almost identically to the traditional birth control pill.

Any Pharmacist who is suddenly NOW worried about this is either dishonest or a moron.

Of course they do. But you dont have the right to mandate that they must fire them.

You realize that if you walk into a store and pick an item up off the shelf and carry it to the cash register that they dont have to let you purchase it right?

You realize if they say they object to you having that item because of their religious reasons, you can sue them, right?

Yes and no.

The comparison between running a liquor store and a pharmacy you use is not apt. The pharmacy in question is not refusing to serve women. That would be gender discrimination. Rather, they refuse to stock a certain product. Yes, that product is mostly requested by women, but that does not make it gender discrimination as you are insinuating. To use your liquor store example, a pharmacy refusing to stock Plan B would be equivalent to a liquor store refusing to stock, for example, Hennessy. Yes, a liquor store should sell Hennessy, but a requirement of being a liquor store is not to sell every available liquor. In the U.S., we afford businesses the right to stock and sell what they see fit in accordance to their own guiding principles.

The idea that a business has to offer you the exact products and/or services you want is preposterous. Should I be able to walk into a store run by a Muslim and demand he stock some pork ribs for me to purchase?

You're fixating on the example, and incorrectly too.

A liquor license is for a bar or restaurant to serve alcohol. Part of the license says you will serve anyone of age (unless of course they become disruptive). Part of doing business as a pharmacist and having that license is that you make available legally obtainable drugs. If you believe it is legal for a pharmacist to break his license due to religious objections, then you MUST also believe it is legal for ANY business to break their license due to religious objections. To claim otherwise would mean you are applying the law unconstitutionally.

Therefore, if this ruling stands, ANY business could do basically anything (or nothing) it wants, breaking its license, claim it's due to religious beliefs, and face no repercussions.

Part of getting a liqour license certainly is not agreing to sell to anyone who is of legal age.

You realize if they say they object to you having that item because of their religious reasons, you can sue them, right?

No you cant. I mean youcan of courses sue for anything. Doesnt mean youll win. Go to a kosher deli and demand some bacon then sue when they tell you their religion forbids it. Let me know how that works out

No you cannot.

No you cant. I mean youcan of courses sue for anything. Doesnt mean youll win. Go to a kosher deli and demand some bacon then sue when they tell you their religion forbids it. Let me know how that works out

heh heh nice try at changing the example to fit your argument.

It just donned on me why you believe what you do. You actually believe the first amendment applies to businesses and says they cant make decisions based on religeon.

It wohld be funny if it werent so sad

Last edited:

No you cannot.

Really? So, if a Muslim man owns a grocery store and a woman goes in and gets a bottle of wine and the man refuses to sell to her because of his religious beliefs, you think he can't be sued? And you support him?

No you cannot.

Oh you could sue. But you'd. Never win. As i said this dude just doesnt get that the first applies to the government only

No you cannot.

Really? So, if a Muslim man owns a grocery store and a woman goes in and gets a bottle of wine and the man refuses to sell to her because of his religious beliefs, you think he can't be sued? And you support him?

If a Muslim actually owned a liquor store he would have no problem selling alcohol to a woman.

Next moronic example.

Last edited:

No you cannot.

Holy ehit you are stupid. If that muslim is sellng wine to men yes he better sell to women to but if he just doesnt sell wine at all tough shit

No you cannot.

If a Muslim actually owned a liquor store he would have no problem selling alcohol to a woman.

Nest moronic example?

And if a Catholic owned a pharmacy, he would have no problem selling the morning after pill to a woman.

Forum List

Back