Pets and their Owners

Rodimus

Platinum Member
Dec 8, 2021
It is said "You don't choose your pet, your pet chooses you." Actually, according to Conversations With A Spirit by Dolores Cannon, both the pet and the pet owner chose eachother before both were born.

I have noticed certain personality types choose different breeds.

Your Mr/ Mrs tough guy seems to like the very guardian/ protector dog (Doberman, Rottweiler, Pitbull, GSD, Bullmastiff, Cane Corso)... either they come from law enforcement or someone who has had a dark past with crime or deviant behavior. Maybe they enjoy the darker side of things in everything books, movies, TV shows. Even dog breeders/ trainers of the protective guard dogs seem to have this very authoritan air about them, their the boss... or they seem to have come from a background where they did some illegal things in their past. Or they just this darker personality or air about them. Owners/ Trainers/ Breeders I notice have lots of tattoo's, very muscular like on roids, piercings, fierce intimidating facial features.

I have noticed those who have the smaller dogs tend to be of a more light easy going personality. Rather than wanting a dog as a guardian it seems more because they are so cute and adorable. They tend to seem more the gabbers, talkers and conversationalists, often walking their dog with other people to talk to and taking the dog to the local coffee shop.

Those who have more your labrador/ golden retriever, collie, border collie, sheltie, German Sheperd, are taking the dog along to be a companion in exercise, obedeince training, play -> go fetch the stick. They tend to be the very outdoorsy types who love going to parks, taking a jog, being very physically active.

Those who choose a very rare breed are those types of personalities that want to be noticed because they feel they are very individualistic and unique from everyone else; you don't find this personality everyday.

Those who have Poodles, Shih Tzu and Designer breed are those personalities who want to be recognized for their style; they have good refined tastes. They love fashion. They are discerning and picky on who they hang out with making sure they are up to snuff and in their same class.

I prefer black colored dogs since black is my favorite color. Doberman, Black Labrador

Last edited:

Forum List

Back