Petition to stop Phil Collins

I liked him with Genesis... one of my favorite songs below....

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
Phil's alleged response was, "I don't care anymore." lol

As long as he can afford someone to jumpstart him into consciousness, he can do what ever he wants

I LOVED Phil Collins' music on Miami Vice (original series.) :)

Wow -- associating a musician's work with.... television? :uhh:

There's the kiss of death.

Tv doesn't suck, that's a myth begun by book publishers. :)

No, it's a truism begun by ..... TV. It's a superficial two-dimensional world that is incapable of dealing with deep meaning, yet eminently capable of hypnosis. It kills the senses and imagination, prostrates its host bodies, and dictates its superficial message, usually centered on selling you a Roomba.

It's the most effective propaganda tool ever invented. Orwell could see that before it even took off.

Music on the other hand is a spiritual act that invites the imagination, refreshes the soul and opens the heart. I can't see associating somebody's music with television as anything but a put-down.

Btw 'book publishers' would not be the medium that TV eclipsed in terms of use -- that would be radio. Radio (i.e. audio) is an inherently superior medium to television, and always will be. When you're listening to some description, you're still allowed imagination to visualize it. The same, of course, is true of the printed word. By contrast when you're watching it on TV, all of that is dictated and premasticated. There's no human element left for the user.

(/offtopic)

Last edited:

No, it's a truism begun by ..... TV. It's a superficial two-dimensional world that is incapable of dealing with deep meaning, yet eminently capable of hypnosis. It kills the senses and imagination, prostrates its host bodies, and dictates its superficial message, usually centered on selling you a Roomba.

It's the most effective propaganda tool ever invented. Orwell could see that before it even took off.

Music on the other hand is a spiritual act that invites the imagination, refreshes the soul and opens the heart.

Tv shows tell stories written by skilled writers. If you look past the moving pictures and special effects, you see that sometimes the stories are ever bit as valuable as anything the ancient Greeks wrote.

Music on the other hand is a spiritual act that invites the imagination, refreshes the soul and opens the heart.

Tv shows tell stories written by skilled writers. If you look past the moving pictures and special effects, you see that sometimes the stories are ever bit as valuable as anything the ancient Greeks wrote.

Those are the stories. And stories are what books are made of. That's content.
What I'm talking about is the medium.

Try coming up with an hour long story every week. That is about 60-70 pages of script. A typical 90 minute movie is 90 pages of script. It is set up that way so one page equals one minute of film.

I agree many TV shows are just vacuous crap, but some of them are quite good written and acted by very skilled people. As with everything you have to weed out the flotsam, which again I agree most of TV is.

It's due to his political views, I bet. He is right winged. They recently petitioned for Garth Brooks not to be able to play in a park in Dublin. Turns out, after he was canceled, many signatures were used fraudulently.

I've never heard of such a thing, trying to stop someone from making music.... insane...
I'm not a huge fan but really...

I've never heard of such a thing, trying to stop someone from making music.... insane...
I'm not a huge fan but really...

The Internet is filled with smart asses. I should know, I am quite a good at being one myself. lol

I understand why these people want to continue their careers as long as possible but these older acts need to figure out when its time to start just singing Sinatra classics and stop making new albums that sell 15,000 copies like Aerosmith.

Play your hits, your days of being current are long gone.

Forum List

Back